Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trial Credit Reward Reduced since Specters of the Rail

Voltage

Since Specters of the rail, Dark Sectors and Trials had halved credit rewards.

In Hotfix Specters of the Rail 2.1 on  August 10th, 2016, Dark Sectors were fixed as per:

• Fixed Dark Sector Credit rewards being unintentionally cut in half.

It has been months since this update and trials are still reduced. If this is intentional I would like to be informed. This fix would also incentivize people to play raids more, especially after the Secura Lecta change that was made a while back.

Hope to see this is made aware and is reviewed/fixed soon!

@Pegasy's Comparison:

Spoiler

See this video for old credit reward https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kGzwJAGiBE&t=9m35s for normal LoR (from aug, 2015) 

zJ7PnFe.png

The next screenshot is from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXOBB3P7ZJg&t=12m27s (jan 2017)

PozOlLS.png

Edited by --Q--Voltage
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, (PS4)ExcessiveSteeze said:

How badly are they reduced on PC. Because i still get 80 k creds with no booster on lor and 160 k on lor nm. Or is there something on pc that is not on consoles

The values now are half of what they used to be. JV used to be ~500-600k and LoR was around 300k. I have seen no responses to this issue and sadly it hasn't gotten any attention.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

7 hours ago, Gorgoroth said:

They 'fixed' the credits you got from Trials at the same time they 'fixed' the credits you got from Sorties. This is not a bug.

Look above and Sorties were reduced but fixed.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

I doubt we'll get any answers or statements regarding this.

Personally, I gave up on this. I tried to brought this question in Devstream questions threads right after they fixed other Credits and so on, asked during devstreams (and that is just me, there were the other folks asking the same), Council chat had numerous talks about this (using Council chat for feedback and bugs reporting hoping for any effect? Pf-f-f. I think the hope there was abandoned in ~U9-11 update). Now, I'm not in the Discord, but I'm pretty sure the same talks happened there as well.

Let's do a quick search about this issue:

Spoiler

Even a megathread with Raid's Credits being nerfed on the first page and DE's answer in thread as well. DE seem to ignore this one specific issue which is a big U N C O O L way to handle it or pretending everything is fine which is not.

• First, we have useless Resistance Arcanes that not only have hilarious 40% chance, but also stun-lock you on their trigger.
  • Then we have stability, connectivity issues and bugs («More bugs! More shiny bugs!» -- a TJV's motto to live by) there and there.
  • Then we have littile of mommy's help about what to do in the first place (this one is for new Raid players) and RSB shouldn't be the answer for that.
  • Then we have a daily lockout for Arcane reward (yeah, apparently, those mighty «a 40% chance to ignore Electric effect» arcanes are OP). H-m-m, I remember that in another COOP- & grind-based games. Borderlands 2! Let's see what they think about daily locked rewards (in BL2 you have to earn seraph crystals by defeating a raid boss and crystals drop is average of 10 with the Seraph stuff that costs 50-120 crystals):
    • Disabled the daily lockout for raid bosses.

....oh.

• And then we have Uncommon and Rare arcanes that are more like Ultra Rare (not counting TLoR NM).
  • But wait, what about those Rare/Reinforced crates? Ah, right, you have a chance to get them spawned and after that you have 30-60min for a booster while also spending time finishing the raid.

But then again how much popular the Trials are, so it made sense to cut the Credits reward w/o making them much less enjoyable?

zbC8BWp.png

@Thundervision Something is seriously wrong when the Trials, which are intended to be "challenging" end-game content, comprise less than 2% of total gameplay. The current approach of abandoning further development just seems backward to me. There are people who have completed hundreds of them, whereas a large percentage of players do not even attempt them due to the perceived difficulty. One solution would be to introduce "mini-Trials" which are not as long and difficult, but allow players to gain experience with the core mechanics behind them. Namely, the need for teamwork to achieve a sequence of tasks not encountered during normal gameplay, requiring players to work together in order to complete them successfully. 

Warframe is meant to be a cooperative game, after all. Even Sorties do not require much coordination, for the most part, and they are the other form of end-game content. In my experience, players just want to rush through them as quickly as possible to get their reward, without much regard for completing these missions together through as a squad. The "difficulty" from Sorties is mostly from the increased enemy level, which is more than compensated for with the steady power creep that Riven mods introduce. 

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎.‎04‎.‎11 at 6:23 PM, --Q--Voltage said:

The values now are half of what they used to be. JV used to be ~500-600k and LoR was around 300k. I have seen no responses to this issue and sadly it hasn't gotten any attention.

It was addresed with balancing economy (Credits & endo flow) some time later Ayatan sculptures no longer requires the credits, that is the fix. I heard stories some players has 3 billions credits just from raiding.

Increase in credit reward wont give poor peoples (that still maxing prime mods) incentive to suddenly do raids. They have their farming spots. Those who daily do raids just do not farming credits missions exclusively, even lowered current values is more than enough.

What happened is probably peoples complained that they have too much credits, devs looked what generates most credits, raids was one of majour suspect before secura lecta, nerf hammer happened followed by pedestal prime to solve issue.

And that devs diagram that peoples keep reposting without failing to realise that raids are daily mission, most do it once a day, mission is ran with 4-8 peoples once. While single person can solo run exterminate countless times in that timeframe. Is pretty missleading to say the least.

I am like 99.9% sure its intended values. Previous values was broken. For a mission that can be speedrunned in 12 minutes (Lor's) or glitched in 18 minutes <--JV

• Like 1

5 hours ago, I3jionaa said:

-snip-

Pretty sure the trial credit rewards were reduced significantly due to arcanes no longer requiring to be crafted in foundry (installation, then upgrading, an arcane used to cost 500k credits per tier (later reduced to 200k)).

The trial credit reward was so high due to the above in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2017 at 11:42 AM, --Q--Voltage said:

Look above and Sorties were reduced but fixed.

They never fixed sorties. I used to get 200k from Sortie 3 with a booster. Now it's 100k with a booster. What they 'fixed' was the doubling that occurred from a booster, as in before you got 100k but it doubled to 200k when you checked your credit total afterwards. Like how Index is now.

The only thing they 'fixed' with Sorties is that the amount shown is the amount you get.

On 4/26/2017 at 7:21 PM, TheJagji said:

We wont see any changes to this anyway, as there working on the new Dark sectors stuff that will replace all of it.

Dark Sectors are not replacing trials. I do not care about my credits. I have plenty. I am making this post to educate those who played before this change and to promote a way to make raids more appealing.

• Like 1

Octavia hotfix patch notes 20.4.2 point to this thread from [DE]Rebecca stating the credit earning being halved has now been fixed.

So, congrats! i've yet to play the trials, but i'm glad i can earn more credits from them now when i do get around to them.