Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth XP Multipliers Bugged?

(PSN)JAYANDJAY0466

I don't know why, if it's bugged or intentional (hopefully bugged) but recently, whenever i attempt stealth XP farming in Spy with a "silenced" fire arm it ends up not working for some unexplained reason. So the problem i'm having right now is that if i kill an unalerted enemy with a silenced weapon with a stealth XP multiplier running it will just end as if i had killed an alerted enemy even though i had killed it with 1 shot and it did not die from damage over time effects (i.e. Slash and Gas). This is ridiculous and makes no sense. Spy XP farming has always been a viable option for me and when leveling my Tigris P about 8 months ago with the same method i had no problems. It was easily forma'd 4 times in 30 minutes tops. Heavy Gunners and Bombards seem to pretty much always end the Multiplier after they are killed even though they definitely died instantaneously while unalerted.

No matter what i try either it be putting Hushed Invisibility on Loki, putting a silencing mod on my weapon or using both at the same time I always end up with the same problem. DE please fix this, i personally don't prefer Akkad, Hydron or any Squad leveling methods in general so for this bug to completely put me off what was in my opinion the best way to level 1 shot kill firearms it's really saddening.

Just now, (PS4)JAYANDJAY0466 said:

I don't know why, if it's bugged or intentional (hopefully bugged) but recently, whenever i attempt stealth XP farming in Spy with a "silenced" fire arm it ends up not working for some unexplained reason. So the problem i'm having right now is that if i kill an unalerted enemy with a silenced weapon with a stealth XP multiplier running it will just end as if i had killed an alerted enemy even though i had killed it with 1 shot and it did not die from damage over time effects (i.e. Slash and Gas). This is ridiculous and makes no sense. Spy XP farming has always been a viable option for me and when leveling my Tigris P about 8 months ago with the same method i had no problems. It was easily forma'd 4 times in 30 minutes tops. Heavy Gunners and Bombards seem to pretty much always end the Multiplier after they are killed even though they definitely died instantaneously while unalerted.

No matter what i try either it be putting Hushed Invisibility on Loki, putting a silencing mod on my weapon or using both at the same time I always end up with the same problem. DE please fix this, i personally don't prefer Akkad, Hydron or any Squad leveling methods in general so for this bug to completely put me off what was in my opinion the best way to level 1 shot kill firearms it's really saddening.

Did someone see any other bodies?

They nerfed stealth farming into the ground. I think the particular nerf you're experiencing is #8 or #9. No joke. They tried pretty hard to put it down.

Enemies will now become alerted if you kill another enemy anywhere within their vision or within a certain distance behind them. It doesn't matter if you're weapon is silent or you perform a stealth execute attack. What's worse is it's fairly buggy and will alert enemies even when they don't have line of sight. They will also become alerted from bullets or weapons hitting walls. Enemies will also be relocated by the spawning script which gives them the 5 second grace period of alerted status.

And of course killing an alerted enemy will break your stealth multiplier for affinity.

In short you're better off rampaging through a mission spamming attacks with a whip or something rather than trying to play stealthfully.

......Such is the sad state of stealth game play.

Edited by Xzorn

Just now, (PS4)JAYANDJAY0466 said:

So does expanding enemy radar help?

Somewhat, since you'll see if enemies actually just recently spawned. It won't help remove spawning delays though.

Or you can play the slow game (by waiting 5-10s after entering a room).

2 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

They nerfed stealth farming into the ground. I think the particular nerf you're experiencing is #8 or #9. No joke. They tried pretty hard to put it down.

Enemies will now become alerted if you kill another enemy anywhere within their vision or within a certain distance behind them. It doesn't matter if you're weapon is silent or you perform a stealth execute attack. What's worse is it's fairly buggy and will alert enemies even when they don't have line of sight. They will also become alerted from bullets or weapons hitting walls. Enemies will also be relocated by the spawning script which gives them the 5 second grace period of alerted status.

And of course killing an alerted enemy will break your stealth multiplier for affinity.

I know, i stated the problem isn't about the alerted enemies. It's about the unalerted enemies breaking the stealth multiplier.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)JAYANDJAY0466 said:

I know, i stated the problem isn't about the alerted enemies. It's about the unalerted enemies breaking the stealth multiplier.

How can you tell the difference?

That's one of the things they conveniently omitted from the changes.

There are at least 2 ways enemies can have alerted status but not show it.

What OP describes is killing unalerted enemies still breaking the stealth counter.  

Unalerted enemy = empty red arrow.
Alerted enemy = semi-filled arrow. They have seen a corpse or heard gunfire.
Hostile enemy = filled red arrow. They have visibly seen you and are aware of your presence.

Stealth is indeed bugged for some time now.  Silently one-shotting an unalerted enemy with a gun often breaks the multiplier. This was not so a year ago.

This is not the case with melee attacks. Stealth works just like always with them at least.  This is why I go Exterminate on Sedna with Loki wielding a Tonbo to max out my Syndicate rep / focus farm, gaining thousands in a single mission. I don't even do finisher stealth kills, just quick-melee attacking them per swing and the stealth multiplier stays up, as long as each kill is not within sight of another enemy. If one sees a kill, they go in alert mode and I just ignore them and pass them and continue killing unalerted enemies.  I come back later when the alerted enemy is back in unalerted mode (empty red arrow).

Edited by MystMan

Just now, Xzorn said:

How can you tell the difference?

That's one of the things they conveniently omitted from the changes.

There are at least 2 ways enemies can have alerted status but not show it.

Because it happens to enemies i kill multiple room away from the last enemy i killed, with silenced mods. I think p3z1 made a good point about the terrible spawn delay.

3 minutes ago, MystMan said:

What OP describes is killing unalerted enemies still breaking the stealth counter.  

Unalerted enemy = empty red arrow.
Alerted enemy = semi-filled arrow. They have seen a corpse or heard gunfire.
Hostile enemy = filled red arrow. They have visibly seen you and are aware of your presence.

Stealth is indeed bugged for some time now.  Silently one-shotting an unalerted enemy with a gun often breaks the multiplier. This was not so a year ago.

This is not the case with melee attacks. Stealth works just like always with them at least.  This is why I go Exterminate on Sedna with Loki wielding a Tonbo to max out my Syndicate rep / focus farm, gaining thousands in a single mission. I don't even do finisher stealth kills, just quick-melee attacking them per swing and the stealth multiplier stays up.

I bet it is bugged but from the replies i got for this post. I doubt DE with fix it. Stealth Leveling is totally dead now :(

7 minutes ago, (PS4)JAYANDJAY0466 said:

Because it happens to enemies i kill multiple room away from the last enemy i killed, with silenced mods. I think p3z1 made a good point about the terrible spawn delay.

Yea, it's most likely the spawing grace period where enemies come in as alerted status for 5 or so second.

Going slower helps but it doesn't eliminate the problem because it can happen from newly spawned enemies or relocated ones and the script will spawn enemies in the same room you're in so no enemy is 100% safe unless you wait for every enemy.

I also doubt it's a bug, it was part of a chain of nerfs to stealth farming. This one is from when they made enemies spawn alerted for Sorties  if that was intended for normal missions, who knows but it's been a year now.

i noticed that melee attacks can alert enemies
even if they don't hit anything else than air

another thing that annoys me and feels like a bug is multshot
if you fire two bullets simultaneous and one bullet isn't enough to kill the enemy he will be alerted by the second bullet
resulting in breaking the stealth multiplier

2 minutes ago, Weidro said:

another thing that annoys me and feels like a bug is multshot
if you fire two bullets simultaneous and one bullet isn't enough to kill the enemy he will be alerted by the second bullet
resulting in breaking the stealth multiplier

but that wouldn't make sense in my situation because i leveled my Tigris P 4 times over without this problem and with the amount of pellets with shotguns i don't think it could be multishot.

Edited by (PS4)JAYANDJAY0466

1 minute ago, (PS4)JAYANDJAY0466 said:

but that wouldn't make sense in my situation because i leveled my Tigris P 4 times over without this problem and with the amount of pellets with shotguns i don't think it could be multishot.

the multishot mechanic on shotguns is different than on any other weapon type in warframe

10 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Yea, it's most likely the spawing grace period where enemies come in as alerted status for 5 or so second.

.Alerted enemies are visibly easy to make out.  Soldiers are aiming their weapons in a direction and on the radar they are semi-filled arrows.
Killing a soldier that is standing still and his arrow is empty = unalerted. Killing him should not break the multiplier.  But it sometimes does => bugged. (or due to that multi-shot workings that Weidro mentioned).

8 minutes ago, Weidro said:

You sure you hit air?   If you hit the wall, floor or any object, that makes noise that alerts them. Easy to do with melee weapons that have long range like Staffs, Scythes and Polearms.  This was added at one point. Before you could slam walls as much as you want without alerting the guy next to it.

Edited by MystMan

I have a question, is it intended that in sortie missions, enemies never go to unalerted state. Before i thought it was due to environmental hazards and such but today i wated for 5 mins in the exterminate with eximus.. they never went to unalerted state(they spawned alerted).

Just now, Ethermie said:

I have a question, is it intended that in sortie missions, enemies never go to unalerted state. Before i thought it was due to environmental hazards and such but today i wated for 5 mins in the exterminate with eximus.. they never went to unalerted state(they spawned alerted).

I think it is intentional