Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any secondary weapons worth building immediately?

(PSN)phantomallyscout

Question

Before you reply to this, I want to make clear that I dont have any Prime parts or anything, nor the Syndicate ones. But Ive been relying on my Sonicor for the longest time, and its gotten me through some tough spots, but its not really that good for high level enemies. (40 and so on for me.) All it would do at that point was just buy me more time while the were flung in the air to bring out a better weapon. It was becoming more of a tool than a gun. 

So, any suggestions about some base game secondaries that I should look at? (Clan weapons are also fine.) Im also MR7, so I dont have access to all of them. Any feedback would be great. 

14 answers to this question

Staticor performs pretty well, especially if you enjoy AoE Secondaries.

While Akstiletto Prime is just the beastest, Twin Grakatas are a decent alternative.

Lex Prime is better than many actual Snipers IMO, and isn't that hard to farm / expensive in Trading.

Edited by NinjaZeku

Since clantech is an option, Marelok. Even the non-syndicate version packs a serious punch. Good weapon. Can be built for either crit or status (maybe even a little of both simultaneously, if you are so inclined), though more weighted towards status builds. Within your mastery cap, too, at a rank 5 lock.

In descending MR requirement order, these are some of the "best" secondary weapons at mr7 and below.
(also leaving off weapons that only drop from Assassins {Stalker, G3, Zanuka) 

Furis (with Winds of Purty augment)
Dex Furis
Lex Prime
Aklex 
Akmagnus
Pyrana
Twin Grakata
Twin Rogga
Akvasto
Vasto Prime
Sonicor
Akjagara
Kulstar
Akstiletto Prime
Staticor
Telos Akbolto
Rakta Ballistica
Vaykor Marelok
Pox
Acrid
Pandero
Aklex Prime

Depending on how far you want to take them and what kind of build you want to do that with, much forma may be required, but they're all at the least decent from the start.

Probably the best weapons with the least need of  forma to get them there are:
Lex Prime
Staticor
Sonicor
Vaykor Marelok
Pox
Akstiletto Prime

Edited by Rolunde

i know people are going to scoff at me for suggesting a non-prime weapon, but i figure when you said you didn't have any prime parts that youd prefer non-prime suggestions.

for immediate usage check out the lex, it can be bought for 50,000 credits pre-built from the market.
the acrid is still a pretty good weapon but needs clan research. it has 100% chance to proc toxin ON TOP of whatever it procs normally
the brakk is brutally strong at very close range, but not only does it require fighting the grustrag three multiple times, but it relies on a lot of forma

Staticor, Sonicor, Marelok  all of them look very good to me. Clan tech and market BP

If you do void fissure its quite easy to get prime parts and probably the easiest to get is Lex Prime a very good secondary. I just prefer primes.

Edited by Kusungphak

8 hours ago, hopeofhell1 said:

I personally think the Afuris and Akmagus are good picks
A few people would say the Atomos is good as well seeing that i see people stand by it all though level 100 content.

Yeah, Atomos is rock solid as long as you got ruinous extension on it.  You'll not be sorry investing a bit of effort into this weapon..

12 hours ago, (PS4)phantomallyscout said:

Before you reply to this, I want to make clear that I dont have any Prime parts or anything, nor the Syndicate ones. But Ive been relying on my Sonicor for the longest time, and its gotten me through some tough spots, but its not really that good for high level enemies. (40 and so on for me.) All it would do at that point was just buy me more time while the were flung in the air to bring out a better weapon. It was becoming more of a tool than a gun. 

So, any suggestions about some base game secondaries that I should look at? (Clan weapons are also fine.) Im also MR7, so I dont have access to all of them. Any feedback would be great. 

Pandero is phenomenal.