Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

forcing us to play purely by minimap

Monolake

"Sorties with “dense fog” will now always take place during the night."

"Dark Sector nodes Coba and Tikal will now always take place during the night. "

Bad idea.  Dark maps have terrible visibility. Not just night conditions, all the poorly lit maps, many sections of infested maps, some grineer maps. Dense fog is already crippling the visibility.

What does it add to the game? Can't clearly see surroundings, cant see enemies - sometimes at all, since the engine doesn't highlight them in any way. Why have nice environment art and models with animation when players cant see a thing?  I doubt your idea of Warframe is an abstract 2d game where you play purely by minimap and radar and spam AoE when seeing red dots.

Maybe try playtesting with minimap off and see how playable it is (spoiler: it's not).

xF0OMcT.jpg

For the record, there is a ton of places in this game that really screws with "visibility" and I put that in inverted thingies because the thing is, when you already have issues with your eyes, just imagine how things that annoy people that can see well already, might do to people that must already turn setting down, brightness up, etc etc, just to see what is going on.

At this stage I would settle for a Warframe Mod that highlighted enemies as part of some other bonuses, as long of course as it's balanced.

Edited by DSpite

I agree that the darkness  and overall visibility in some tilesets like the infested/kuva fortress/ tilesets are ridiculously overdone to the point of harming the gameplay experience........and i dont think manually adjusting brighteness everytime i run some of these tilesets is  a proper solution.

Its not fun to play a shooter where you cant see the enemies....and the eyestrain is very real.

Edited by minidelight