The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton Prime Build

Almagnus1

Question

I'm looking into possibly building out the Braton Prime to compliment my current roster of weapons, and I'm thinking about going with:

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Braton_prime/t_30_22220000_128-5-3-132-2-5-137-1-10-149-3-5-150-0-10-265-6-3-329-7-3-361-4-5_150-8-137-7-132-8-149-5-361-11-128-7-265-7-329-7/en/2-0-3

So... is this the general direction I want to take the Braton Prime?  

11 answers to this question

i'd rather go for this http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Braton_prime/t_30_22220000_128-5-3-132-2-5-137-1-10-140-7-5-149-3-5-150-0-10-159-4-5-265-6-3_150-8-137-7-132-8-149-5-159-9-128-7-265-7-140-9/en/2-0-3/

while keeping most of the status chance you'll get a nice bonus from crits, what will make imo shred enemies faster. In the end Braton is not an end game gun yet I still use it occasionally, love the sound of the gun ^^

Edited by --RV--D4VE-

Well as it stands Braton is lacking badly compared to top tier assault rifles.

But it IS a status weapon so I'd go with full status for those slash procs. I actually would prefer your build over D4VE's.

Edit: Maybe swap speed trigger for Shred if you have it.

17 minutes ago, --RV--D4VE- said:

In the end Braton is not an end game gun

^

Edited by (PS4)HSomDevil

22 minutes ago, --RV--D4VE- said:

i'd rather go for this http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Braton_prime/t_30_22220000_128-5-3-132-2-5-137-1-10-140-7-5-149-3-5-150-0-10-159-4-5-265-6-3_150-8-137-7-132-8-149-5-159-9-128-7-265-7-140-9/en/2-0-3/

while keeping most of the status chance you'll get a nice bonus from crits, what will make imo shred enemies faster. In the end Braton is not an end game gun yet I still use it occasionally, love the sound of the gun ^^

Agree on this. But it could get better with a nice riven mod, possibly with raw damage and status chance.

pro-tip, remove speed trigger and add shred, as for heavy caliber, I am not a huge fan of this mod in this kind of weapons, I rather deal more HS, but that's just me. Anyways you could replace it for a riven with multishot/damage/crit chance/crit damage just to name a few useful stats

Braton Prime is a versatile weapon, so the path you choose for it will vary heavily depending on what you intend to use it on.

It's both crit and status viable so there's really no one ideal build for the weapon.

Here's the builds I use. You'll notice some use crit and some use status.

Spoiler

Braton Prime Armor Shred for lvl 80+ Grineer

IXJ0iwD.jpg

Braton Prime Corpus

5NJXvXU.jpg

Braton Prime Infested

enNbTkC.jpg

Braton Prime CPx4 Void

olnNsjb.jpg

I've found crit build to kill more slowly on very high level enemies than the pure status builds.

Presently, I have two BratonPs. One (the old one--seven forma) has been retired. It was built around base damage mods and RoF. Most of its forma was in before the buffs, and I had no desire to change it afterwards. It was easier to build a new one and start from the ground up.

The new(er) one (six forma) is build around status. Presently, it's set up to run the usual base damage mods: Serration, Shred, Split Chamber, and Heavy Caliber. I don't find HC any particular impediment--aiming error is greater than the additional dispersion at range. The remaining four mod slots are two 60/60 elemental, Fanged Fusillade (bleed procs are very desirable), and either the appropriate primed bane mod, Primed Cryo Rounds, or another 60/60. I find it adequate for status with 2 60/60s, but more certainly doesn't hurt.

It works up to surprisingly high level, but...frankly, the Prisma Grakata is a better gun in about every way other than pure gun handling. Still, I like it lots, it meets most needs in every day WF gaming, and it's still my most used gun.

Built right, the braton prime will be the best auto rifle vs grineer because of the armor shredding status. Soma p and boltor p don't even compare. I'll post a video comparing builds. I tested a dps boltor p, status build soma, and status build braton. I had deleted my 5 forma soma p before and i built this 1 forma soma p just for the video as a response to a comment thread to a Tactical Potato video. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Built right, the braton prime will be the best auto rifle vs grineer because of the armor shredding status. Soma p and boltor p don't even compare. I'll post a video comparing builds. I tested a dps boltor p, status build soma, and status build braton. I had deleted my 5 forma soma p before and i built this 1 forma soma p just for the video as a response to a comment thread to a Tactical Potato video. 

Why didn't you compare the properly built Soma as well?

6 hours ago, (PS4)HSomDevil said:

Why didn't you compare the properly built Soma as well?

Because I had already deleted that one. I made the one in the video with one forma just to respond to the guy in the comment thread. I deleted that one too. And the build in my video actually kills faster than a damage build soma because of the status, so this ISa properly built soma

28 minutes ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Because I had already deleted that one. I made the one in the video with one forma just to respond to the guy in the comment thread. I deleted that one too. And the build in my video actually kills faster than a damage build soma because of the status, so this ISa properly built soma

It has a faster TTK but I wouldn't say putting fire rate mods on any of those weapons is exactly properly built.

For instance the Soma build killed a lvl 145 Corrupted Bombard in ~130 rounds. This one will do it in ~80 rounds.

K2NFNHs.jpg

10 hours ago, Xzorn said:

It has a faster TTK but I wouldn't say putting fire rate mods on any of those weapons is exactly properly built.

For instance the Soma build killed a lvl 145 Corrupted Bombard in ~130 rounds. This one will do it in ~80 rounds.

K2NFNHs.jpg

Yes but how long does it take to burn through 80 rounds? Too much fire rate it not good for economy, but just enough will give you the best ttk on auto weapons. Fire rate on status weapons is extremely important to throw out as much status as possible in a short time. Especially when the two status effects are bleed and corrosive. Fire rate will also make crit builds on this weapon also viable, but i prefer more elemental damage because it's more consistent and allows for higher chance of corrosive procs, which is important for status builds. For the OP, the build i posted had gotten me through the toughest missions in game and no enemy on the starchart, raid, sortie, or kuva missions have stood up to a single magazine of this weapon. Play around with it and see what best suits you. Crit is also viable on this, but only if you get enough headshots and have a decent fire rate.