Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Feedback 20.3.1 and beyond

ScribbleClash

33 minutes ago, KrypTic. said:

Not sure bud, all I can say is go the simulacrum and see for yourself. :)

Oh god, a simulacrum warrior. The rework itself added very little if anything to the frame, but make suggestions such as...

47 minutes ago, KrypTic. said:

His second: I was slightly on board with the idea of keeping it, but with the results, why does it still exist. 

Yeah, because immunity to CC/Status effect is clearly a terrible thing, right?

His Third: Simply doesn't do enough for you and your team to utilise over other support abilities.

Simply doesn't do enough? Because the existance of his 3rd I can solo near 90 minutes in Mot (without Naramon/stealth, I'm not a cheeselord), and the sorties were a joke. Because his 3 does what it does, I don't need to include Life Strike or Healing Return on my melee, which allows me an additional mod to use which increases my damage exponentially. I don't need Winds of Purity. Enough about solo play though, how about squadplay where the random dude in your squad keeps dying... and this happens a lot in Mot. Oberon is great at creating time for you and your time to recover from a poor situation without any deaths.

His Fourth: sounding really repetitive now... This simply doesn't do enough damage, cc or anything for that matter. 

Not enough damage or CC? Anything? I agree on the damage aspect, as an endurance player the damage literally does nothing for me, neither does the miniscule amount of armor stripping attached to the use of this ability now. But to trash his CC? lol. AoE radiation-spreading knockdown that can be cast in mid air and doesn't require LoS is soooo terrible and lacks function right?

and yeah

47 minutes ago, KrypTic. said:

I don't mean to be rude but the entirety of the community agreed that the 'initially suggested passive on                         the prime time stream' was a bad idea.  pets are just so niche and mostly worthless that it's a joke.

Don't include me in this. Kavats provide amazing utility (not a fan of Kubrows, admittedly), benefit from his 3rd ability (both the bleedout and the heal, my kavat takes a whole 4 1/2 minutes to die), and revive instantly upon picking up health orbs. Its because of Cat's Eye that I'm able to achieve crits in the millions in solo play on a consistent basis, the ability to completely strip targets of armor is a massive time saver. This is a great passive for those that use pets and much better than his previous passive and what several other frames have (including Ember needing to be set on fire by an enemy to benefit from hers)

EDIT: BTW, the rework did suck. The changes DE made made little to no impact on Oberon as a frame. However, to suggest that he sucks is just wrong and is more of a l2p issue. I'd be glad to show my build and playstyle.

Edited by Music4Therapy

1 minute ago, Maj.Havok said:

Sorry, the "entire community agreed" I'm part of the community and I like the fact my Kubro can res. A pet I use on almost every mission, but I guess it's just niche and worthless...according to you...

It would have been better if they just halved his rez time of all companions including allies'

3 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

seriously what builds are you using?

i was rekking lvl 40 grineers with his 1st and 4th in a defense (do not it was SOLO no other sources of dmg) and no i did not use my guns cuz i wanted to see if the forum dwellers were speaking truth that he sucks. turns out they were LIES

and let me point it out 100% power strenght

smite is currently somehow inversely affected by power strength. most of the forum dwellers are too stoopid to understand that.... 

Just now, Hemmo67 said:

seriously what builds are you using?

i was rekking lvl 40 grineers with his 1st and 4th in a defense (do not it was SOLO no other sources of dmg) and no i did not use my guns cuz i wanted to see if the forum dwellers were speaking truth that he sucks. turns out they were LIES

and let me point it out 100% power strenght

The build had 382% power strength and it was still unable to kill a lvl 1 corrupted heavy gunner with his 1. If you need proof there is a video showing how little damage he deals.

31 minutes ago, Akimbo said:

All frames ultimate abilities should have a function that allows them to be useful beyond that level.

So.... Limbo's ult isn't even good lower than that yet they are not buffing it in any way now. They should have not put in the reduced damage per bigger area effect.

Oh and about Oberon, i like his rework, but his 1 got nerfed. I love the ideas of the opening post, they would make him very good and viable, unlike the gutted Limbo.

1 minute ago, Ernestasx said:

So.... Limbo's ult isn't even good lower than that yet they are not buffing it in any way now. They should have not put in the reduced damage per bigger area effect.

Oh and about Oberon, i like his rework, but his 1 got nerfed. I love the ideas of the opening post, they would make him very good and viable, unlike the gutted Limbo.

Thanks for the feeback that was on topic. I hope his #1 was just an error in damage calculation or how it's applied and can be fixed easily.

Edited by Akimbo

4 hours ago, Reefermun said:

I agree with all of this except the bits about % armor scaling. % armor scaling does not help low-armor teammates. Assuming you grant a bonus 50% armor, a frame with 15 armor is only getting ~7  extra armor, which is nothing. Already tanky frames are not the ones who need the armor boost, it's the tissue-frames that need it.

Flat scaling is the answer.

Just now, Maj.Havok said:

Sorry, the "entire community agreed" I'm part of the community and I like the fact my Kubro can res. A pet I use on almost every mission, but I guess it's just niche and worthless...according to you...

An opinion is just that, if you're present during the stream you could see a massive uproar in protest, followed by further posts being made in the mega-thread.

No one can ever make a statement without breaking some heart. believe it or not, I like pets, I really do, but they have nothing of significant importance (maybe one or two very niche things with the rng cat), centring a passive around D.E's perpetual 'pet' project as it were is silly, all because of one change they refuse to make that has nothing to do with Oberon Himself. 

As for "the entire community" let me change that to the majority, I agree it's more appropriate and accurate. 

i dont have an actual idea on how this is, but from the video looks crap like the current one we have on console...i hope to be wrong though, the character of oberon is cool. Im so curious to see how many ppl will buy Oberon Prime Access aftert the rework ahahaha.  I already imagine myself posting in the trade chat on day 1 : WTS oberon prime full set 100plat or less xD

3 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

i dont have an actual idea on how this is, but from the video looks crap like the current one we have on console...i hope to be wrong though, the character of oberon is cool. Im so curious to see how many ppl will buy Oberon Prime Access aftert the rework ahahaha.  I already imagine myself posting in the trade chat on day 1 : WTS oberon prime full set 100plat or less xD

That's exactly it. Didn't the time between his Rework and now seem awfully fast? I bet you could guess who's going to be Primed next. It seems like they're being shills who are just trying to peddle PAs rather than making a good rework, besides the people that always buy PA i couldn't imagine anyone with half a brain buying the next one UNLESS the weapon and cosmetic are absolutely mind blowing

Edited by (XB1)CarpeNoctem365

7 minutes ago, Music4Therapy said:

"Oh god, a simulacrum warrior"

Cheers for the title, but I only use the simulacrum as a 'control test'.. so thank you again for the assumption.  

Yes removing all status's is pretty neato... moving on.
The only reason is 3 is acceptable is because of the augment, running around in a sortie or mot healing chip damage doesn't prove anything from a Warframes skill perspective, that's experince. You said it yourself, it's a L2P situation. 
Finally the crescendo! In relation to cc radiation and his 4th all I have one word.. Nyx.

"EDIT: BTW, the rework did suck. The changes DE *that* made little to no impact on Oberon as a frame. However, to suggest that he sucks is just wrong and is more of a l2p issue. I'd be glad to show my build and playstyle."

I'm quite comfortable thank you. But I'm glad we can agree that the changes haven't helped him at all.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)CarpeNoctem365 said:

That's exactly it. Didn't the time between his Rework and now seem awfully fast? I bet you could guess who's going to be Primed next. It seems like they're being shills who are just trying to peddle PAs rather than making a good rework, besides the people that always buy PA i couldn't imagine anyone with half a brain buying the  next PA, UNLESS the weapon and cosmetic are absolutely mind blowing

the game now is all about milking money from new players. just 1 prme access x new people and its mission completed for them. The quality can wait right ?:P 

Besides jokes, I hope they will buff the statistics of the character and of the abilities because i cant imagine people using oberon..its just useless in any scenario.

I can deal with everything new on this rework. I used him already even on kuva flood missions and the 4th for me was useful enough with a simple stretch mod to it.
The 2nd is what really improved to me- couldn't have asked anything more than more range...
Renewal though... FFS renewal is SO BAD!!! They nailed the nonstop regenaration, but everything else is still just SO worthless. It's worthless!
There's Trinity that can heal 20 times better with more utility, why do we need to have that stupid negative duration? Why does renewal last less with more duration?! It doesn't make ANY sense! You know renewal is supposed to make the bleedout last even more longer? IT DOESN'T! It just slows the bleeding a bit. If renewal ends BEFORE the buff, what even is the point of it? Why is the effect even there?

Reckoning... I can ask more actually. The effect of health orbs having a CHANCE, that is even fixed, to spawn them on kill. You know you're not gonna kill anyone with Reckoning! It baffles me as the Pull of Mag! Actually, it baffles me more! At least energy orbs are useful and pull is clearly used for cc, but more than that, the cost is ifinitely lower and it CAN kill lesser enemies and the chance is affected by power mods! WHAT?!

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)CarpeNoctem365 said:

That's exactly it. Didn't the time between his Rework and now seem awfully fast? I bet you could guess who's going to be Primed next. It seems like they're being shills who are just trying to peddle PAs rather than making a good rework, besides the people that always buy PA i couldn't imagine anyone with half a brain buying the next one UNLESS the weapon and cosmetic are absolutely mind blowing

I couldn't have said this better myself. 

3 minutes ago, RyuGold said:

I can deal with everything new on this rework. I used him already even on kuva flood missions and the 4th for me was useful enough with a simple stretch mod to it.
The 2nd is what really improved to me- couldn't have asked anything more than more range...
Renewal though... FFS renewal is SO BAD!!! They nailed the nonstop regenaration, but everything else is still just SO worthless. It's worthless!
There's Trinity that can heal 20 times better with more utility, why do we need to have that stupid negative duration? Why does renewal last less with more duration?! It doesn't make ANY sense! You know renewal is supposed to make the bleedout last even more longer? IT DOESN'T! It just slows the bleeding a bit. If renewal ends BEFORE the buff, what even is the point of it? Why is the effect even there?

Reckoning... I can ask more actually. The effect of health orbs having a CHANCE, that is even fixed, to spawn them on kill. You know you're not gonna kill anyone with Reckoning! It baffles me as the Pull of Mag! Actually, it baffles me more! At least energy orbs are useful and pull is clearly used for cc, but more than that, the cost is ifinitely lower and it CAN kill lesser enemies and the chance is affected by power mods! WHAT?!

It seems like oberon this rework has become only an armor buff

6 minutes ago, KrypTic. said:

An opinion is just that, if you're present during the stream you could see a massive uproar in protest, followed by further posts being made in the mega-thread.

No one can ever make a statement without breaking some heart. believe it or not, I like pets, I really do, but they have nothing of significant importance (maybe one or two very niche things with the rng cat), centring a passive around D.E's perpetual 'pet' project as it were is silly, all because of one change they refuse to make that has nothing to do with Oberon Himself. 

As for "the entire community" let me change that to the majority, I agree it's more appropriate and accurate. 

You are correct everyone has an opinion and they have a right to express it. Yes, I was present during the stream and I think there were those for and against the new passive...maybe I just wanted a better one then he did have, which I think they did improve. Now in saying that, his original passive was so useless there was no where to go but up. Pets are not perfect as some in this thread have pointed out, but IMO they are very useful. Sorry if I came off as angry in my quoting of you it wasn't my intention.

9 minutes ago, KrypTic. said:

Cheers for the title, but I only use the simulacrum as a 'control test'.. so thank you again for the assumption.  

Yes removing all status's is pretty neato... moving on.
The only reason is 3 is acceptable is because of the augment, running around in a sortie or mot healing chip damage doesn't prove anything from a Warframes skill perspective, that's experince. You said it yourself, it's a L2P situation. 
Finally the crescendo! In relation to cc radiation and his 4th all I have one word.. Nyx.

"EDIT: BTW, the rework did suck. The changes DE *that* made little to no impact on Oberon as a frame. However, to suggest that he sucks is just wrong and is more of a l2p issue. I'd be glad to show my build and playstyle."

I'm quite comfortable thank you. But I'm glad we can agree that the changes haven't helped him at all.

What would you have done personally with the rework?

Like, lets ignore the fact everyone knows he had/has scaling issues. He lacks an identity, and instead of reworking him and making him truly great at one thing but still good at all the other things he does like other generalist frames such as Rhino and Volt, they threw more crap on his plate to do half-baked such as unsubstantial armor stripping or flat armor which is horribly outclassed by Chroma and frames that provide flat DR, like Trinity and her squad wide 75% DR, or Mirage and her 95% DR that can be shared via her augment, etc... and that is why I believe the rework failed. He still isn't particularly great at any one thing.

What direction would you have taken it?

Edited by Music4Therapy
grammar