Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Premium account concept (seriously)

(PSN)EmilsTekcor

So this is a concept that my friends and I came up with for premium accounts. My personal belief is that there shouldn't be any, but it's an interesting idea anyways.

So premium members would gain access to a special hub of sorts similar to the simulacrum. In this area the player would be able to play as any warframe regardless of their access to it and use any weapon while being able to give them forma or xp at will. None of this would be permanent, but it would allow players to experiment.

Onto the bulk of it, the hub would be a mix of content taken from the devs themselves so players could play content that either isn't yet out or in a complete state. Obviously recording would be disabled and unreleased warframes could just be given a simple basic placeholder skin. 

Now when going this players would be able to purchase content as it comes out based on points that are earned in the hub. The points would be given 1 point per hour played and the ability to earn more points from missions. 

Weapon testing should be available globally.

A CTE (Community Test Environment) should be available globally.

A currency that can't be traded and can only be earned in an area restricted to paying players but gives a shortcut to upgrading should never be available.... at all.

DE have been good about how they approach the use of the premium currency (plat) and this is because they try to stay away from the kind of paid-only content you're describing.  I don't see them going down this path if simply because of the massive backlash they would get.

why exactly should someone have to make a monthly Subscription in order to have a test environment that is.... basically mandatory to have in this type of game (a game about numbers)?

why exactly is it useful at all to allow people to buy access to a separate game client? you're much more likely to get useless people than helpful people when it's based on having money.

why exactly would anyone want a Subscription model when they're anti-Consumer?

why would premium be for a testing arena?  why not something useful? 

you should not have to pay for trying stuff even if it was pre-released it's not an EA game

I heard idea's before like monthly subscriptions that's like prime packs or you get all the content for free or boosters and plat on a subscription contract  its an ok idea if it save you money and time, but you can just buy plat or buy prime packs when they come out it makes the market more free, and the game is a more pay as you play its more relaxed gives long timers more freedom than shaving content in your face or forcing you to credit farm affinity farm etc.    

This is just gonna be another monetization scheme. DE might sometimes nerd or 'fix' stuff, but they're not idiots. No offense, but I'm gonna guess you play Tanki Online? (A premium acc concept was added in 2014). Just as an insight into how that affected player ratings, a few months before, peak days would have 250000 players active. Now, only 40,000 roam the metaphorical battlefields. Trust me, if you start with a free game, don't capitalize on it more than you need to.

7 hours ago, (Xbox One)rocketstar31 said:

This is just gonna be another monetization scheme. DE might sometimes nerd or 'fix' stuff, but they're not idiots. No offense, but I'm gonna guess you play Tanki Online? (A premium acc concept was added in 2014). Just as an insight into how that affected player ratings, a few months before, peak days would have 250000 players active. Now, only 40,000 roam the metaphorical battlefields. Trust me, if you start with a free game, don't capitalize on it more than you need to.

no offense taken as I said I personally don't care for the concept of premium, but my friends were working on it and I thought it would be interesting to share.

7 hours ago, mike167890 said:

why would premium be for a testing arena?  why not something useful? 

you should not have to pay for trying stuff even if it was pre-released it's not an EA game

I heard idea's before like monthly subscriptions that's like prime packs or you get all the content for free or boosters and plat on a subscription contract  its an ok idea if it save you money and time, but you can just buy plat or buy prime packs when they come out it makes the market more free, and the game is a more pay as you play its more relaxed gives long timers more freedom than shaving content in your face or forcing you to credit farm affinity farm etc.    

well in this system you would be able to earn items when they come out. You would be able to earn plat with points and of course be given it monthly. This would not be some system for just giving a bonus. What fun would that be?