Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

overkill loadouts

Camomonk

Question

So I enjoy doing very long run endless missions I know it’s not really worth doing because of the scaling but I enjoy it. so I was wondering if you guys could give me some loadouts like primary and secondary weapons that do unnecessary amounts of damage so and yes this means a perfect riven mod if available I just need something to work towards and I don’t know what is god mode right now.

14 answers to this question

Inaros(or anything with blinds).

Any dagger

Covert Lethality.

This build will kill anything that you can use blinds and finishers on in one hit, and inaros comes with a great deal of survivability too. Not to mention the blinds add CC potential.

If you're seeking single-target damage, especially versus bosses and other VIP targets, valkyr, limbo, and mesa can open up easy ways to deal high damage to an enemy using hysteria, stasis, and peacemaker respectively.

If you're seeking a support role, trinity is the only real healer and has good energy restoration capabilities. Nova's molecular prime is both a damage buff and a wide-radius slowing effect(or, if you build for it, a speeding effect) for enemies caught in it. Equinox can achieve a higher maximum slow percentage, but does not buff the damage taken by affected enemies. 

There's a ton of others, but those are the main warframe-based strategies I can think of off the top of my head.

So, you are brand new player that already wants to do endurance runs? Okay. This should prove interesting.

First off, no one does endurance runs solo unless they are focusing on melee, since melee is the only weapon type that scales. So, if you want to do endurance runs, find a group that is doing it. I'm sure there are a few.

Second, make sure you have the right frame. frames like Nova, banshee, trinity, and octavia are good for group endurance runs, while Ivara is good for solo runs. Once you complete the Second Dream quest, you might be able to use Valkyr, Nekros, Rhino, Loki, etc. in solo runs, but not without a lot of investment.

Finally, to answer your question, weapons:

For your melee, go with a crit-based melee with a Blood Rush build. Any melee weapon with more than 20% crit can be used this way, but my favorites are Atterax, Dark Split Sword (in dual sword form), Hirudo (only 15% crit, but it still works) and Galatine (Prime).

For your secondary, either go for CC or crit chance. A good CC weapon is the pox, modded either for corrosive+blast or gas+electric/cold. A good crit secondary is the new Pandero, or the (Ak)Lex Prime. One alternative is to use the Synoid Gammacor to restore energy when needed, but that requires setup and practice.

For your primary, there are several choices. If you like shotguns, any member of the Tigris family will serve you well. For snipers we have the Lanka, and for rifles we have the Soma Prime or the Tenora.

If any of these weapons/frames interest you I would be happy to provide you with a build.

18 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

So, you are brand new player that already wants to do endurance runs? Okay. This should prove interesting.

First off, no one does endurance runs solo unless they are focusing on melee, since melee is the only weapon type that scales. So, if you want to do endurance runs, find a group that is doing it. I'm sure there are a few.

Second, make sure you have the right frame. frames like Nova, banshee, trinity, and octavia are good for group endurance runs, while Ivara is good for solo runs. Once you complete the Second Dream quest, you might be able to use Valkyr, Nekros, Rhino, Loki, etc. in solo runs, but not without a lot of investment.

Finally, to answer your question, weapons:

For your melee, go with a crit-based melee with a Blood Rush build. Any melee weapon with more than 20% crit can be used this way, but my favorites are Atterax, Dark Split Sword (in dual sword form), Hirudo (only 15% crit, but it still works) and Galatine (Prime).

For your secondary, either go for CC or crit chance. A good CC weapon is the pox, modded either for corrosive+blast or gas+electric/cold. A good crit secondary is the new Pandero, or the (Ak)Lex Prime. One alternative is to use the Synoid Gammacor to restore energy when needed, but that requires setup and practice.

For your primary, there are several choices. If you like shotguns, any member of the Tigris family will serve you well. For snipers we have the Lanka, and for rifles we have the Soma Prime or the Tenora.

If any of these weapons/frames interest you I would be happy to provide you with a build.

Thanks for the information and I just want to clarify a few things first I’m not trying to break records just push my own limits to have a little fun. Second I am not really a new player just more like a returning player I have done the second dream and the war within if it makes a difference. And lastly I wouldn’t mind looking at your soma prime build :D 

Thing about endurance runs, esp solo. It's not all about the damage output. Status plays a very heavy role, esp when you're dealing with armor.

Ammo economy is also a thing to consider for long runs. Many of the community's favorites don't cut it when you're in a mission for hours. Yea, you can use an ammo pad every 5 minutes, but that's just not acceptable to most endurance runners.

What weapons and frames you decide to use depends if you're fighting against armor or not. Some frames like Saryn fair esp well against armored enemies while frames like a FF + FA Ember fair much better against unarmored enemies.  When you're doing groups; you usually want to pick between a Bunker play style or a CC play style. You generally only need one or the other, ie, you don't need both Volt and Nyx in a Survival mission. Bunker play works best for Defense while CC or Bunker both work well in Survival.  Some frames like Banshee are group based frames all the way while others like Nidus, Chroma and Mesa work esp well all on their own.

I do a lot of 2h+ Non-Stealth Solo runs and some of my favorite weapons for that are Torrid, Kohm, Pox, Zarr, Tigris Prime, Vaykor Hek, Akstiletto Prime, Vaykor Marelok, Pandero and the all mighty Zenistar. These weapons handle very well against lvl 300+ armored enemies which is what you generally run into Solo and they still fair very well against unarmored.  Melee is not really an option at higher levels unless you want to use Naramon cheese or you're running a stealth frame but personally I don't find that very interesting to build for or play.

In the end, a lot depends on how you plan to approach an endurance run. There's a lot of different configs and options open which is what makes it fun. Trying out new ideas, new builds and different group comps to squeeze every bit of performance you can out of the game.

3 minutes ago, Camomonk said:

Thanks for the information and I just want to clarify a few things first I’m not trying to break records just push my own limits to have a little fun. Second I am not really a new player just more like a returning player I have done the second dream and the war within if it makes a difference.

Ok. Sorry for the assumption, but most players with less than 20 posts on the forums are new. If you have unlocked the passives for Naramon it will be very helpful.

5 minutes ago, Camomonk said:

And lastly I wouldn’t mind looking at your soma prime build :D 

Serration, Point Blank, Critical Delay, Shred, Vital Sense, Bladed Rounds, Split Chamber and Hammer Shot. Replace the Critical Delay with Argon Scope if you have it, and the Hammer Shot with an element of choice if you aren't going for pure slash procs.

12 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Thing about endurance runs, esp solo. It's not all about the damage output. Status plays a very heavy role, esp when you're dealing with armor.

Ammo economy is also a thing to consider for long runs. Many of the community's favorites don't cut it when you're in a mission for hours. Yea, you can use an ammo pad every 5 minutes, but that's just not acceptable to most endurance runners.

What weapons and frames you decide to use depends if you're fighting against armor or not. Some frames like Saryn fair esp well against armored enemies while frames like a FF + FA Ember fair much better against unarmored enemies.  When you're doing groups; you usually want to pick between a Bunker play style or a CC play style. You generally only need one or the other, ie, you don't need both Volt and Nyx in a Survival mission. Bunker play works best for Defense while CC or Bunker both work well in Survival.  Some frames like Banshee are group based frames all the way while others like Nidus, Chroma and Mesa work esp well all on their own.

I do a lot of 2h+ Non-Stealth Solo runs and some of my favorite weapons for that are Torrid, Kohm, Pox, Zarr, Tigris Prime, Vaykor Hek, Akstiletto Prime, Vaykor Marelok, Pandero and the all mighty Zenistar. These weapons handle very well against lvl 300+ armored enemies which is what you generally run into Solo and they still fair very well against unarmored.  Melee is not really an option at higher levels unless you want to use Naramon cheese or you're running a stealth frame but personally I don't find that very interesting to build for or play.

In the end, a lot depends on how you plan to approach an endurance run. There's a lot of different configs and options open which is what makes it fun. Trying out new ideas, new builds and different group comps to squeeze every bit of performance you can out of the game.

Is there a big difference between the Sancti Tigris and the Tigris prime?

7 minutes ago, Camomonk said:

Is there a big difference between the Sancti Tigris and the Tigris prime?

When it comes to scaling, esp against armor Tigris Prime is considerably better than Sancti.

Probably the biggest difference between the two is that Prime only needs 60/60x4 to hit 100% status. Other than that Prime has larger damage but slightly more reload time. The syndicate proc from Sancti also falls off in usefulness as 1k AoE is not going to do much to enemies with 98% damage reduction. Which is also why the 100% status becomes so crucial pulling Tigris Prime quite a bit ahead of it's cousin.

Endurance runs are about the group's kill rate. Single target weapons like Soma, Dread, Vectis and whatnot don't really perform that well. Some for different reasons than others. Soma will run out of ammo against armor, Dread and Snipers get shut down by Ancient Healers / Nullifiers and both are rather slow.

There are often very heavy buffs going out in a long run. Banshee, Saryn, Rhino, Ember, ect. The damage output you have as a group would be similar to taking Dread to Earth. Least until you get  around lvl 2,000+. What holds you back in most cases is armor. Which is why Status > Damage.

We have plenty of ways to improve our damage output but 0 ways outside of modding to improve out status rates.

In the end, if you can pick an AoE option that can one-shot multiple enemies or a single target option. Why pick single target?

But for what it's worth, Dread performs well against armor and it's the most versatile bow in terms of build options. A proper Riven powered Dread can one shot a lvl 145 Napalm via a single Bleed proc with no buffs / debuffs active.

13 hours ago, Camomonk said:

Just out of curiosity how does the dread perform late game if I get a good riven that is.

Unless you are able to strip off armor,it will have trouble with heavy units, meaning that it will take more than 2-3 shots sometimes to kill one depending on what crit hits and if the slash procs occur.. If we are talking lvl 100+ that is. 

Edited by aligatorno

If I needed to do Endless survival tonight the first thing I'd try would be an Ivara build. Range/Efficiency/Duration. Rakta Dark Dagger with covert lethality and the red veil blight mod on it. Sleep arrow -> Finisher and pickpocket all the things -> Blight procs return energy constantly.

Never actually used that build though. In the past I used her as my 4xCP group character. Rakta Cernos stacked for viral crits, always shooting enemies that already have viral on them (from rakta procs) and had no armor. Worked very well. So well that I was disappointed there was no point for headshots. I ended up going with the crowd and doing a heavy cal arrow spam build. :/

5 hours ago, Camomonk said:

Thanks for all the information guys now would you use a different build for endurance runs vs just normal star chart stuff and alerts and such?

Generally I use Inaros for most content now. Health and armor stacked with arcanes that restore health and grant armor, he literally can not be killed by enemies in most content and his cheap, spammable #1 solves a lot of problems real quick by blinding and setting up finishers. With his new augment you have to recast your scarab armor during the mission sometimes but it makes him able to ignore status effects as well. All this is achieved with very little help from mods, allowing lots of utility that I swap in and out all the time. Loot radar, enemy radar, sprint speed, parkour stuff, aim glide for rivens. Whatever I need.

I originally considered Hirudo and Health Conversion as part of the build but I find them largely unnecessary. Usually I run whatever melee floats my boat and swap health conversation for armored agility to get the sprint speed. The only thing that ever gave me problems was very high level toxic damage (Sortie #3, infested) so sometimes I actually add the toxic resist mod. It seems surprisingly effective. Not sure how the math of that all works out. Something about Tenno health being weak to toxic?

Edited by VKhaun

Banshee, Naramon, Galatine Prime, if avaiable with Maiming strike.

Banshee's Silence keeps 8x stealth multipliers active for as long as it's active and you invisible while Resonance Sonar adds pretty strong multipliers too. Both boost slash proccs, should you decide against just going for Sonic Fracture, which depells armor completely, thus makes scaling more or less ireelevant too...

Should be able to keep you going for a while....

Just bring any primary. I personally use Ignis Wraith due to its sheer effectivity on the boosted base but feel free to experiment.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108