Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor, Telos or Prime?

Northern_Psycho

Question

My first automatic rifle in Warframe was the Boltor. I miss the weapon and now want to use it again.
As the title suggest, I wonder which i should go for.
I can get the Telos now. But wonder if i should invest a Catalyst and Forma for the Prime coming back soon?

What do you think?
Which is better, more practical, most fun?

8 answers to this question

I have no experience with the Prime variant. What I can tell you is Telos variant synergizes very well with certain builds. It does Syndicate Gas AOE Explosion and heals you while doing above average damage and if modded right can get within 80%-90% of damage the Soma is capable of. (I do want the Prime variant though. Hopefully Rhino will be unvaulted soon.)

4 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

The Prime is coming back soon? Where?

Get the Telos for now. It's not a bad gun. And when the BoltorP comes out, get that too.

It's speculated that Rhino and Loki will unvault as a pair, similar to Frost and Ember. On The Second Stream podcast, Rebecca said it would be her preference that Rhino and Nyx unvault next. So at this stage, it's anyone's guess. (She also said that double unvaults are preferable for obvious reasons, but implied that in the future unvaults may include more than two frames. Her tone suggested this is still being internally debated, so no guarantees.)

Get yourself a Telos, OP. It and the Prime are close in terms of performance, plus you get the heals and radial gas procs from the syndicate effect.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)BlitzKeir said:

It's speculated that Rhino and Loki will unvault as a pair, similar to Frost and Ember.

Who speculates on that? When Frost and Ember were unvaulted, it was already Frost's second unvaulting. If the current pattern holds, it should be Rhino and Mag.

@PrVonTuckIII

Rhino, Boltor and Ankyros will likely be unvaulted late June till late July.

@Northern_Psycho

I'd probably go with the Telos as it has the radial proc (which offsets the damage penalty a little), a larger magazine while being slightly less of a bullet hose and the damage difference is not that grave.

Edited by bluepheonix13