The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BUILD YOUR OWN WEAPON

(PSN)dsbjr247

I would love to see a system that allows the tenno to create ONE custom weapon with customizable stats. The player would be rewarded at each mastery rank with a larger pool of points to add to the base stats of the weapon. The weapon should be nameable... maybe with a random name generator...(based on where you spend stat points..Example: if my bow has 50 base toxin damage it will adopt a "Mutalist" Prefix) This will give the player something PERSONAL. This gives the tenno more control!!!  You cannot tel me this wouldnt be extremely rewarding and satisfying. I understand it may not be simple to implement this system but I fully believe it would be worth it. I've only been playing for about 90 days but I promise my idea has merit! I'm a creator and i would love the space to create a weapon in an awesome game that i love playing!! We should be able to show the weapon off, compete in challenges against other player weapons, Make a limited amount of blueprints to trade. This would be EPIC. PLEASE CONSIDER. Either way I love this game and will continue to play.

I agree with that. Perhaps DE can limit it to Primary weapons or Melee weapons. I agree that there must be reasonable limits to it. This, however, would be revolutionary!!! A game changer... I will advocate for it until it happens lol

We could chose from a selection of pre rendered animations and graphics. Maybe the weapon can be limited to a custom melee or primary with 3 base sets. (Nikana, Heavy Sword, or Hammer for melee. Bow, Shotgun or Rifle for Primary) The naming system wouldn't be a far cry from the current riven naming system (we could possibly come up with a custom surname) and though it may be a "pain" it would definitely give the player a great sense of reward. I think that is too amazing to ignore. It may even draw more people to the game. It will certainly give veterans something else to do. I Don't know... I just kinda reject the idea that this can't happen because it's "too difficult to implement". Im no developer.... but what I am is a player and I can say that this AWESOMENESS would further separate Warframe from any other game. I think this worth implementing and certainly it is worth consideration!!!

I guess we could also discuss ways to make the idea a little more developer friendly. I personally love the idea of creating something personal that no one else in the game can have. Its a very rewarding feeling as a player. As a fan I would love to see Warframe tap into this!

Perhaps more aesthetic options for weapons, other than skins that is, with the rarer, more expensive ones actually affecting the stats (suppressors lowering damage, accuracy, and range somewhat, but effectively acting like a max-level Hush mod or equivalent, larger magazines decreasing accuracy (to reflect the change in weight) but with a larger magazine size (duh), etc.)  Different styles of barrels, stocks, blades, etc.  Nothing too different from the base weapon itself, but enough so that you can make your weapon truly your own.

That seems pretty balanced and feasible. I'd love to see what combos the players come up with. Maybe there could be a monthly contest where the winner gets a limited amount of blueprints (of their weapon) to sell. That would make you the only person in the game with that item AND put you in control of who else gets it. I can see this idea going in so many good directions.

I disagree, it would be totally unbalanced in the 2 possibles situations :

Situation 1) The weapon customisation would be too good and allow you to build extremly strong weapons if you know maths well.
Situation 2) The weapon you made have a lot of restrictions and use regular weapons would be better in most of cases.

Honestly, I would like to try but I'm 100% sure it would be unbalanced and the choice of existing weapons + all differents mods are enough to have a lot of possibilities, but also break the balance so I dont really want to imagine how it would be with this system.

I have faith in DE to do a good job. I just know that it isn't impossible and it would give us something personal to our playstyle. I'm gonna keep pushing for it. I wouldn't mind having limited options for stats... as long as I can control the TYPE of damage, the critical/status chance and I could give it a unique name and look.

I don't have any ideas about how to balance it but I have one for how the weapons would look. DE could take all weapons and break them up into pieces that we could piece together in any way that makes sense for whatever weapon type/stance we pick.

I actually posted a fully fleshed out version of this system, but its a weapon the operator uses, giving the operator buffs and special stats when in the field o3o. You'd be able to drag and drop parts to make the shape of the melee weapon, then when you're done you can sacrifice a prime part for a semi-random buff on the weapon.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, (PS4)dsbjr247 said:

I would love to see a system that allows the tenno to create ONE custom weapon with customizable stats. The player would be rewarded at each mastery rank with a larger pool of points to add to the base stats of the weapon. The weapon should be nameable... maybe with a random name generator...(based on where you spend stat points..Example: if my bow has 50 base toxin damage it will adopt a "Mutalist" Prefix) This will give the player something PERSONAL. This gives the tenno more control!!!  You cannot tel me this wouldnt be extremely rewarding and satisfying. I understand it may not be simple to implement this system but I fully believe it would be worth it. I've only been playing for about 90 days but I promise my idea has merit! I'm a creator and i would love the space to create a weapon in an awesome game that i love playing!! We should be able to show the weapon off, compete in challenges against other player weapons, Make a limited amount of blueprints to trade. This would be EPIC. PLEASE CONSIDER. Either way I love this game and will continue to play.

your idea sounds good on paper but in the game it would just be to complex for the devs to create and even if they could make it ,it could potential be too overpowered due to the fact you could just have it be mainly damage and nothing else and make other weapons seem completely useless

So yeah I think that statistical limits to the damage would keep the weapon from being overpowered. Also the idea that the weapon should be for the operator makes the whole thing more feasible imho. Still dont think this would be impossible to implement

• 1 month later...

If DE was a woman... I would marry her,adopt all 33 of her kids and move them all to Richmond VA. THANK YOU DE DEVS!!!! I'm pretty sure you started working on this concept before I made the suggestion but it still shows that you listen intently to the player base. I'm so hype!!!!

On 5/12/2017 at 10:36 PM, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

It would be a pain in the *ss; to balance, code, fix or even implement in the game.

I agree with you.  Let's see what custom weapon system they'll make and complain after. xD

Edited by LordotimeX

so in my hype, I downloaded a system that lets me sculpt items, and made an infested sword grip.. .

the Highlighted parts on the back act like tentacles that swing around like normal, the highlighted guard acts like a lung and "breathes" while you have it equipped.

kazKnoO.jpg

Edited by MagiTwister