Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give us ALL the colours for ALL the spells

AnnaCurser

Some know their frame cant have decent colours on their spells, but some can. Why can Ember have her flames in all sort of colours but Hydroid always got white water? It's not fair and it needs to change.
Hydroids Water needs to be fully colourable.
Inaros Sand needs to be fully colourable.
Atlas's Rook needs to be fully colourable.

Im sure theres more to it and more frames than I know of, but thats a start at least. When other frames can have their spells in funky lights, it just doesnt do that some can't.

Thank you for the attention.

TBH some frames really don't fit with having fully-color-able powers. Sand is, well, sand. Though I could understand wanting to change it, it would look wrong with his abilities.

Hydroid would look more ridiculous with something like a yellow puddle, wouldn't he? As fun as it would be to make the enemies play 'the Floor is Lava' with a red/orange energy color, it would be horrible and visually distracting, even more so than Hydroid already is.

Imagine Atlas Rumblers being giant purple things. They'd look like huge plastic action figures, and though that'd be wildly amusing for a while, it would get weird. His rock wall also wouldn't took like a rock wall, and more like a foam rock-climbing wall. Not exactly the most threatening thing. 

In the end, I feel like it's for the best. Making those powers color-able wouldn't do the frames any real favors, I think. Of course, those are just my 2 cents, but in my mind it's always made sense that you couldn't color some abilities.

7 minutes ago, maj.death said:

Energy color only really effects ENERGY. Sand, rocks, and water are not really covered. Besides, that would kinda just be weird. But hey. that is just my opinion.

Well, Frost's ice can be colored, a tiny bit. Of course most of the ice is white / has no color, but it has a tiny drop of your current energy color aswell.

So, I guess the energy color does not only affect the energy but also some more things?

1 minute ago, MrM1 said:

Well, Frost's ice can be colored, a tiny bit. Of course most of the ice is white / has no color, but it has a tiny drop of your current energy color aswell.

So, I guess the energy color does not only affect the energy but also some more things?

Yeah... and that ice coloring was a huge mistake because with certain colors you can't see through the damn globe.

1 minute ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

TBH some frames really don't fit with having fully-color-able powers. Sand is, well, sand. Though I could understand wanting to change it, it would look wrong with his abilities.

Hydroid would look more ridiculous with something like a yellow puddle, wouldn't he? As fun as it would be to make the enemies play 'the Floor is Lava' with a red/orange energy color, it would be horrible and visually distracting, even more so than Hydroid already is.

Imagine Atlas Rumblers being giant purple things. They'd look like huge plastic action figures, and though that'd be wildly amusing for a while, it would get weird. His rock wall also wouldn't took like a rock wall, and more like a foam rock-climbing wall. Not exactly the most threatening thing. 

In the end, I feel like it's for the best. Making those powers color-able wouldn't do the frames any real favors, I think. Of course, those are just my 2 cents, but in my mind it's always made sense that you couldn't color some abilities.

So you're talking about how colorable abilities wouldn't fit to the game since some may look ridiculous?

Meanwhile: Fully-pink Rhinos defeat their enemies with their pink candy cane scythes.

6 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Sand is, well, sand

That is so damn wrong though... Alone the different colors of beaches i have seen make this argument ridiculous. Every ore ground to dust becomes sand and there are ores in blue, green and red which, if you know your physics, can create pretty much any color on the spectrum already.

10 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

So you're talking about how colorable abilities wouldn't fit to the game since some may look ridiculous?

Meanwhile: Fully-pink Rhinos defeat their enemies with their pink candy cane scythes.

Well, there's kind of a line in the sand there. A Warframe makes sense to color as much as cars or guns IRL. Abilities like that though are just odd to color. If I'm being honest, Frost's abilities don't make any sense to color either. 

4 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

That is so damn wrong though... Alone the different colors of beaches i have seen make this argument ridiculous. Every ore ground to dust becomes sand and there are ores in blue, green and red which, if you know your physics, can create pretty much any col

Indeed, but he isn't an ore-themed Warframe. He's a mummy with an Egyptian theme. Giving him ore-sand makes no sense because pharaohs wouldn't have really seen that in their lifetimes. If we're being realistic, it doesn't fit him thematically. Sand, in the sense of an Egyptian Warframe, is just regular sand. Not volcanic sand, not iron-based sand, not silver sand, not copper sand. Just sand.

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

Just now, TrickshotMcGee said:

Well, there's kind of a line in the sand there. A Warframe makes sense to color as much as cars or guns IRL. Abilities like that though are just odd to color.

Indeed, but he isn't an ore-themed Warframe. He's a mummy with an Egyptian theme. Giving him ore-sand makes no sense because pharaohs wouldn't have really seen that in their lifetimes. If we're being realistic, it doesn't fit him thematically. Sand, in the sense of an Egyptian Warframe, is just regular sand. Not volcanic sand, not iron-based sand, not silver sand, not copper sand. Just sand.

My point stands for the other mentioned examples too though, there is nothing wrong with a bright red rumbler or a green puddle. WE can create those things, why shouldnt advanced magic space ninjas be able to?

Just now, CrudShuzKong said:

My point stands for the other mentioned examples too though, there is nothing wrong with a bright red rumbler or a green puddle. WE can create those things, why shouldnt advanced magic space ninjas be able to?

Well, space magic might not have dyes for the water or paint for the rocks. 

I mean, we COULD do it. The thing is - it stops looking like the ability that it is when you color it. Water stops looking like water when it's green. Rock monsters don't look like rock monsters when my nephew has foam blocks the same color. 

I'm all for customization, of course, but the abilities would stop looking like themselves if they got colored. 

44 minutes ago, MrM1 said:

I like the gold skin....its why i stopped using Palatine. The original rhino prime gold is best.

5 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Well, space magic might not have dyes for the water or paint for the rocks. 

I mean, we COULD do it. The thing is - it stops looking like the ability that it is when you color it. Water stops looking like water when it's green. Rock monsters don't look like rock monsters when my nephew has foam blocks the same color. 

I'm all for customization, of course, but the abilities would stop looking like themselves if they got colored. 

That is not quite right though. Textures are more intricate than just a color. There are reflection maps and normal maps, adding detail that will not be lost changing colors. I dont think your nephews legos do that. 

1 hour ago, maj.death said:

Energy color only really effects ENERGY. Sand, rocks, and water are not really covered. Besides, that would kinda just be weird. But hey. that is just my opinion.

You say that but the Ferrite on Rhino is recolourable and they have been taking steps in the direction to do it, just not as quickly as we'd like.

wait...cant hydroids water be colored? my puddle,my rain,my wave,and my tentecles are all radiation green (or orange tang...or holy water) >.>

Hydroids powers have 2 base colours and you can recolour one. The other is always white instead of transparent which is why hydroids textures aren't as transparent as they should be.

Edited by Navarchus

13 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

That is not quite right though. Textures are more intricate than just a color. There are reflection maps and normal maps, adding detail that will not be lost changing colors. I dont think your nephews legos do that. 

Textures are indeed more intricate than a color. That won't stop Rumblers from looking like large purple toys. In fact, a shiny surface would enforce the action figure look, especially if it is a detailed model. 

Neon rocks, with as much texture as you can imagine, still won't looks like rocks. Might not always look like plastic, but they won't be rocks.

I can not take

TrickshotMcGee

seriously in any regards. You just dont want changes because youre used to the colours? The sands of Inaros dont even match with the sands of mars where he originated from. And if you dont want pink golems, you dont have to colour them pink.
I can not understand what you possible can have against coloured abilities. None of your arguments make any sense. "sand is sand and toy golems look bad" - thats just an opinion. I think most frames look bad and almost everything prime. I hate it when people colour them rims golden like some persian pimp, but thats not my cup of tea.

All I want is, that the abilities that have 2 colours, have 2 colour options, so you can colour them completely and not merely half.

That Inaros has sand is original enough (because its not at all) but that he rips open a steel floor and leaves behind a pile of S#&$-coloured sand doesnt bother you at all?