Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Irradiating Disarm Suggestion

-QUILL_PETER-

28 minutes ago, Bravely_Casual said:

Nope. I've tried it. It makes them fight each other and even gives them the green glow form the proc, but when you look at their health bar, there's no symbol for a rad proc.

That's exactly how radiation works, makes the enemies go into confusion state; possibly a bug that doesn't show rad proc. The fact that they have the green glow on them, tells you that they're affected by rad.

Edited by saltygr33n

1 minute ago, Fiftycentis said:

well, the wiki says "allows it to inflict the Confusion Status Effect on enemies." which is the effect of the radiation but without the radiation proc, it's like having an armor reduction proc but without the corrosion/puncture on enemies

This^ Irradiating Disarm is a misnomer. It puts them in a confused state as if rad proc'd, but w/o the actual Radiation, Rakta Dagger and Cond Overload and the like wont trigger.

2 minutes ago, saltygr33n said:

That's exactly how radiation works, makes the enemies go into confusion state; possibly a bug that doesn't show rad proc. The fact that they have the green glow on them, tells you that they're affected by rad.

If what you say is true, then when I use Irradiating Disarm, every enemy I hit should either grant me overshields for Rakta Dagger, have a 60% bonus to base damage from Condition Overload, or grant me 11 health from Healing Return. It does none of those things.

Edited by Bravely_Casual

1 minute ago, Bravely_Casual said:

If what you say is true, then when I use Irradiating Disarm, every enemy I hit should either grant me overshields for Rakta Dagger, have a 60% bonus to base damage from Condition Overload, or grant me 11 health from Healing Return. It does none of those things.

It's possibly a bug, I suggest reporting that in the bug section, since I don't use Rakta Dagger or Condition Overload, so I have no idea how its effects work.

I found the same thing using Oberon lately; thought I'd proc Radiation from his powers and use the Rakta Dark Dagger for some Overshields but no dice. Seems to be Confusion but not Radiation.

Edit: No idea why this didn't work for me previously but it is working now, Oberon procs Radiation and Rakta Dark Dagger grants Overshields as you'd expect.

Edited by JCBeastie

54 minutes ago, JCBeastie said:

I found the same thing using Oberon lately; thought I'd proc Radiation from his powers and use the Rakta Dark Dagger for some Overshields but no dice. Seems to be Confusion but not Radiation.

Wait, actually?

I thought his 1 and 4 always caused true Rad procs (which is why they have a fixed 12 second timer regardless of your Duration). Haven't tested his 2, but I assume it's the same. I could swear I saw the Radiation icon appear from those as well.
Does it not actually happen?

EDIT: Just tested in Simulacrum. Oberon's abilities DO work with RDD (i.e. casting his 1, 2, or 4 will create a true Rad proc, which allows RDD to generate Overshields on every hit).

Irradiating Disarm, however, fails to do this.

Edited by SortaRandom

43 minutes ago, JCBeastie said:

15 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Does it not actually happen?

If memory serves, there was a deiscussion regarding Rakta Dark Dagger: apparently, it only gives overshields if the rad procs comes from the weapon itself.

I might have to test this; I think a lot of confusion comes from Radiation status and Confusion debuff being inter-related and visually the same but functionally different? I don't see the Rakta Dagger tracking it's own unique proc, should work off any Radiation status surely... I'll try using a Primary or Secondary to apply Radiation and see how that works. I don't think powers are doing it how we expect.

2 minutes ago, Beggining said:

If memory serves, there was a deiscussion regarding Rakta Dark Dagger: apparently, it only gives overshields if the rad procs comes from the weapon itself.

Just tested it out in the Simulacrum by radproccing with an Ignis and smacking with the RDD. Overshields most certainly work from other weapons.

Also:
- RDD grants overshields from Oberon's abilities (1, 2, and 4). His abilities all create true Rad procs; the symbol appears and the procs last for 12s.
- RDD does NOT grant overshields from Loki's Irradiating Disarm. It does NOT create a true Rad proc; the symbol does not appear, the effect scales with Duration, etc.

5 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

*snip*

Beat me to it, hmm, I wonder why it didn't work for me last time I tried.

Update: Tested in simulacrum, Oberon is doing Radiation and Rakta Dagger works.

Edited by JCBeastie

12 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Just tested it out in the Simulacrum by radproccing with an Ignis and smacking with the RDD. Overshields most certainly work from other weapons.

Also:
- RDD grants overshields from Oberon's abilities (1, 2, and 4). His abilities all create true Rad procs; the symbol appears and the procs last for 12s.
- RDD does NOT grant overshields from Loki's Irradiating Disarm. It does NOT create a true Rad proc; the symbol does not appear, the effect scales with Duration, etc.

Ah, alright - thanks for clarifying :)

2 minutes ago, JCBeastie said:

Still why isn't Loki actually irradiating things with the augment? :awkward:

Possibly this:

1 hour ago, Fiftycentis said:

well, the wiki says "allows it to inflict the Confusion Status Effect on enemies." which is the effect of the radiation but without the radiation proc, it's like having an armor reduction proc but without the corrosion/puncture on enemies