Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon for spore Saryn?

Sindier

Question

I'm looking for a good weapon to pair with a spore Saryn, to easily proc toxin on enemies. 

I read somewhere that either Torid or Pox was the idea choice for this but I'm not sure that info was new or kinda old, so I'm hoping someone here have some suggestions ( Feel free to include builds as well) :)

15 answers to this question

Any AoE weapon will work really.

A don't think any guides have caught up with the news that Toxic procs no longer stack multiple times into Spore's explosion damage.

Spores takes the largest Toxic status effect into consideration for it's explosion which means outside her own Toxic Lash you're not really missing a lot of damage using a non-Gas/Toxic weapon. It still helps of course but the priority is to spread the Viral status which any AoE weapon can do. The rest is just icing.

Edited by Xzorn

48 minutes ago, Sindier said:

I'm looking for a good weapon to pair with a spore Saryn, to easily proc toxin on enemies. 

I read somewhere that either Torid or Pox was the idea choice for this but I'm not sure that info was new or kinda old, so I'm hoping someone here have some suggestions ( Feel free to include builds as well) :)

Pox , Torid , Zenistar , Mutalist Cernos work well.

35 minutes ago, ashrah said:

torid hikou prime pox..mutalist cernos

Technically normal hikou is better than hikou prime in the situation because of the faster fire rate (assuming you are talking about concealed explosives). The only thing that affects concealed explosives is fire rate and kinda multi shot because you can shoot multiple. It will always do 250 damage no matter what you do so having the extra fire rate just makes it better, just easier to kill yourself lol.

Edited by (XB1)ultimategamerjr

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Technically normal hikou is better than hikou prime in the situation because of the faster fire rate (assuming you are talking about concealed explosives). The only thing that affects concealed explosives is fire rate and kinda multi shot because you can shoot multiple. It will always do 250 damage no matter what you do so having the extra fire rate just makes it better, just easier to kill yourself lol.

concealed explosives i dont use it its to dangerous..cz  i kill self couple times in void lol

5 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Any AoE weapon will work really.

A don't think any guides have caught up with the news that Toxic procs no longer stack multiple times into Spore's explosion damage.

Spores takes the largest Toxic status effect into consideration for it's explosion which means outside her own Toxic Lash you're not really missing a lot of damage using a non-Gas/Toxic weapon. It still helps of course but the priority is to spread the Viral status which any AoE weapon can do. The rest is just icing.

Does weapon matter at all if you're popping off of a molt?  Or does the toxin thing only apply when spreading off an enemy?