Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova (Specifically Antimatter Drop Bug/issues)

Zoike

my main objective in making this thread is to address the issues her 2 has: if u are not solo or host this abiltity does not work. im not saying its useless or tht i dont know how to work it. it doesnt work. 80% of the time tht i use it, even if there is hardly lag it will sorta fizzle then dissappear while im shooting it and its slowed. after this it is impossible to steer. on occasion when this happens dmg tht seems to be from it kills nearby enemies (nothing else does 4k dmg) but most of the time nothing happens and u r standing there realizing tht uve just wasted like 7 secs and are about to be killed....

this is a major issue and needs to be fixed ASAP

other than tht her 3 is the only other thing tht shold be looked at and it just needs a bit more smoothing out

her 1 is ok but has the same problem as nyxs 2: relativly low dmg renders it useless at higher lvls i think tht a good way to address this is to buff focus to a max of 50-60% power increase (i hope thts not too unrealistic)

as of now novas 4 is probably her most solid ability; i see nothing wrong with it at the moment

sry about poor grammar and what not

Edited by Zoike

i think its just you. and she is fine as is. ive been client host group solo and the ability has always worked right. prob latency issues for you

Well it does lag for me also, her 2 ability.

But for the most part it works fine.

Also Her 1 ability is kinda lame I was expecting all of the orbs to fly into one person with the ability to cast the it multiple times to like "charge up" and just explode someone.

The mechanics are kinda dumb, Just let us multi cast it and make the balls all fly off at the same time :P

i think its just you. and she is fine as is. ive been client host group solo and the ability has always worked right. prob latency issues for you

idk about tht usually problems like this arent exclusive..... but i could try moving to a place with better connection

and yeah i agree shes fine right now. im not going all out hater on her the rest of the stuff was really just suggestions the thing with the 3 is probly latency as well

but i forgot one other suggestion which is to lower the cost on her 3- id wish for 25 but 50's probably more reasonable

anyway ill look into getting a better connection

id also like to see if others have this problem so post if uve experienced this

after playing a foot away from my router ive concluded tht this is a bug tht is caused by latency when u are not host or solo or something like tht idk if others have this but something should be done.....

Edited by Zoike

i have the same problem with that power, i took it off, i didnt work.

thnk u finally someone validates this! but yeah i just hope DE is working on fixing this.... but from my experince bugs tht are based on lag and whether or not your host are difficult to fix, take volts barrier for example- i think something about shooting through it wasnt working (unless thts fixed, in tht case i wouldnt be to concerned) 

also ive been noticing tht anti drop's dmg multiplier sometimes does weird things. i may just be imagining this but i swear a few times its done less dmg when i shoot at it more. again though probly just imagining it

Edited by Zoike

I haven't had any problems with the second ability, but I've noticed that the first ability is fairly useless in later missions, especially the endless defense. 
Sure it may stagger an enemy, but when you only have 6 orbs available and 20 infested charging, it is pretty useless. I have to say I agree with pdxdubin in that the ability would be much more effective if there was the ability to stack. I like that it staggers the shots. Acts very similar in that way to Vauban's Tesla... But as said before, when faced with 20 infested at once and only six orbs, the effectiveness is next to not.

I haven't had any problems with the second ability, but I've noticed that the first ability is fairly useless in later missions, especially the endless defense. 

Sure it may stagger an enemy, but when you only have 6 orbs available and 20 infested charging, it is pretty useless. I have to say I agree with pdxdubin in that the ability would be much more effective if there was the ability to stack. I like that it staggers the shots. Acts very similar in that way to Vauban's Tesla... But as said before, when faced with 20 infested at once and only six orbs, the effectiveness is next to not.

yeah it faces the same issues as similar abilities like nyxs 2. i also think this really needs to be dealt with. itll be interesting to see if and how DE responds to this issue. it really just isnt fun to have an ability tht is completely useless at higher levels. it forces ppl to revert to gunplay/melee which becomes boring very quickly....

i have the same problem.

about 3 times out of 4, when i use antimater drop as a client, it will stop moving forward after a few meters, become impossible to steer, and disapear a few seconds later without doing anything.

i have the same problem.

about 3 times out of 4, when i use antimater drop as a client, it will stop moving forward after a few meters, become impossible to steer, and disapear a few seconds later without doing anything.

yup exactly. i think this is similar to the client crashes where only some ppl are having the issue

so, anyone did some testing since the fix?

i only did one run myself, and even if it was better, there were still some problems...

yeah just did a t3 void defense run its still bugged..... it sucks cuz towards the end it would have been my best use of ammo and dmg source....

Earlier I did a few runs post 9.1.2 and I can verify that Antimatter Drop will behave strangely if you're not the host sometimes.

I threw an AD into a room and shot it several times, and I was moving my crosshair around trying to get it to slam into.... something, anything. It wasn't moving when I was moving my crosshair and then finally it started circling around and........it disappeared.

No boom.

No Damage.

Nothing died.

And this was on Nightmare, mind you. Caused both me and my friend to get killed. Thankfully we had revives and we continued the mission, but that sucked.

The only advice I can give is to make sure there's a wall straight ahead of you, fire off the AD (it can hit enemies through walls), shoot it as many times as you can before it hits the wall. Make sure there's a large solid object in front of you so that it CAN'T miss (make sure that object is NOT a door that can open).

The only other Nova bug I've ever seen is for some odd reason, I got to that round Parkour Room in the Galleon, and I threw a Wormhole trying to bypass it. Wormhole disappeared instantly without me going through it. Turned around, it was behind me, in the air. I jumped up through it and it warped me to.....right beside it.

sigh.

Apparently there was some sort of object or invisible map boundary or something that interfered with it. Tried casting it again, same thing. Apparently, Worm Hole does not like that round parkour room with the small locker room in the middle (the one you have to do two wall climbs to pass).

Edited by Xylia

Earlier I did a few runs post 9.1.2 and I can verify that Antimatter Drop will behave strangely if you're not the host sometimes.

I threw an AD into a room and shot it several times, and I was moving my crosshair around trying to get it to slam into.... something, anything. It wasn't moving when I was moving my crosshair and then finally it started circling around and........it disappeared.

No boom.

No Damage.

Nothing died.

And this was on Nightmare, mind you. Caused both me and my friend to get killed. Thankfully we had revives and we continued the mission, but that sucked.

The only advice I can give is to make sure there's a wall straight ahead of you, fire off the AD (it can hit enemies through walls), shoot it as many times as you can before it hits the wall. Make sure there's a large solid object in front of you so that it CAN'T miss (make sure that object is NOT a door that can open).

The only other Nova bug I've ever seen is for some odd reason, I got to that round Parkour Room in the Galleon, and I threw a Wormhole trying to bypass it. Wormhole disappeared instantly without me going through it. Turned around, it was behind me, in the air. I jumped up through it and it warped me to.....right beside it.

sigh.

Apparently there was some sort of object or invisible map boundary or something that interfered with it. Tried casting it again, same thing. Apparently, Worm Hole does not like that round parkour room with the small locker room in the middle (the one you have to do two wall climbs to pass).

yeah ive been using her enough to know better than to rely on AD. i usually use it near the beginning of a mission to see if its working and if its no i pretty much just neglect it. its actually starting to become a habit of not using it at all which is a problem in itself(if a player is use to an ability being unuseable)

I've run into problems with it too, playing with my friend in the same region, it lagged and rubber-banded a lot when I wasn't the host. It's not a latency issue, because this guy lives less than a Kilometer away from me.

Bumping for lag on AM drop, also if anyone can answer whether there is a damage cap on it (it feels like there is) or whether it counts crits fired into it

As for her 1, I disagree with everyone.  I find it super useful and try to always keep it active.  With the right mods, you are dealing 130 serrated damage per single point of energy spent, auto targeted, covering your 6, or directed as bonus damage on that boss you're focusing.

Can confirm I too, while playing Nova, am intermittently experiencing this bug.

Like some others have reported, I cast antimatter drop and it is clear when it bugs out. The antimatter orb is slow/lags at the point where it spawns and very slowly moves. If I don't manage to get that bugged version of the antimatter drop to hit the ground ASAP, it disappears as if it never was casted.

It's strongly related to host's connection quality. If there are lots of enemies around, even mostly fine connections may sometimes take a dive. And yes, A-m drop is terribly dependent on connection quality -- if host aren't receiving your packets well, you won't be able to steer your ball, and it may even not explode.