Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Torid, is it horrid ?

KiteoHatto

Question

How is the weapon these days and which frames does it synergises best with ?

I returned from a long break recently.

I got a riven for it for finishing TWW, but i need to reroll it because it's ammo capacity+grineer DMG.

Cheers.

Edited by KiteoHatto

12 answers to this question

It's a really good weapon.

For synergies, on top of Mag, I'll add Zephyr (with the augment for her third ability which accelerates any projectile, including the Torrid's fartbomb), Loki (with Irradiating Disarm it is easy to cluster enemies, so that a single granade will keep dealing huge damage and status on the clustering enemies), Vauban (using Vortex, for the same reason).

That said, I feel that the Torid's synergy is mostly with mission types and not with frames. The Torid shines in missions where masses of enemies come towards you in tight spaces (you can lock up entire hallways with a couple grenades). It is, in my opinion, very good for Defenses, Survivals, Interceptions, Mobile Defenses... and abysmal for Captures.

2 minutes ago, KiteoHatto said:

Why Mag ?

My most played frames are Frost/Saryn/Nova/Vauban and now Nidus.

Don't have Octavia yet. 

Mag's 2 creates a bubble that amps any damage dealt to and inside it, the aoe of Torid gets this scaling up very high very fast.

Edited by CrudShuzKong

Torid is amazing. I personally build for crit and status. I'm aware that's not the best build, but it's fun and effective for high level content. I also throw in max multishot and a (rank 7? I forget) Heavy Caliber so I can cover as much area as possible with gas clouds. Works a treat.

I find it goes  great with saryn and nidus as well as what ultimategamerjr mentioned. It pops spores easily enough and is just a generally fun weapon. In fact, any frame that can bunch up enemies is a good choice (like Booben). Just throw a vortex etc and rain down death.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

1 minute ago, KiteoHatto said:

Why Mag ?

My most played frames are Frost/Saryn/Nova/Vauban and now Nidus.

Don't have Octavia yet. 

Hey Kiteo :3

Spore Saryn build is synergises well with Torid. Cast Molt > cast spore on it > shoot Molt with Torid and watch dying enemies :D

Also its good with Mag / Nidus / Vauban cuz of their " pull enemies together " potential.

3 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

Hey Kiteo :3

Spore Saryn build is synergises well with Torid. Cast Molt > cast spore on it > shoot Molt with Torid and watch dying enemies :D

Also its good with Mag / Nidus / Vauban cuz of their " pull enemies together " potential.

Oh hey clannie!

I forgot that Mag got reworked.

Torid isn't the best gun, IMO, but it can still be fairly effective. Especially with a good Riven. It's a weapon that can strip armor effectively for groups and do some serious damage to Corpus with Toxin or Gas. The only real downside of the gun is that it's slow. 

As for synergy, it does well with Saryn because of her built-in Viral procs and the ability to stack Toxin on top of the spores. Other frames don't do a whole lot for it because it doesn't do a ton of damage on-hit, the big damage comes from the AoE cloud. It's like a better Mutalist Cernos, but a slightly worse Pox. Though with the cloud mechanic, maybe anything with a CC ability could work with it by making them stay in the could longer. Nova, Equinox with her augment, Vauban, etc. 

Overall not a bad weapon, and it could do super well with a good Riven. 

23 minutes ago, TrickshotMcGee said:

Torid isn't the best gun, IMO, but it can still be fairly effective. Especially with a good Riven. It's a weapon that can strip armor effectively for groups and do some serious damage to Corpus with Toxin or Gas. The only real downside of the gun is that it's slow. 

As for synergy, it does well with Saryn because of her built-in Viral procs and the ability to stack Toxin on top of the spores. Other frames don't do a whole lot for it because it doesn't do a ton of damage on-hit, the big damage comes from the AoE cloud. It's like a better Mutalist Cernos, but a slightly worse Pox. Though with the cloud mechanic, maybe anything with a CC ability could work with it by making them stay in the could longer. Nova, Equinox with her augment, Vauban, etc. 

Overall not a bad weapon, and it could do super well with a good Riven. 

Wut? Torid is far better than pox at everything but armor stripping. It can crit, it deals amazing damage (especially on headshots) and has better ammo economy.

Also "not a bad weapon" is a fun way of saying "one of the best in the game".

Edited by CrudShuzKong

2 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

Wut? Torid is far better than pox at everything but armor stripping. It can crit, it deals amazing damage (especially on headshots) and has better ammo economy.

Also "not a bad weapon" is a fun way of saying "one of the best in the game".

Torid is actively worse than Pox, not only in damage, but also status chance. It may be able to crit, but building for crit is wasted space with only 15% crit chance (only 10% on the cloud). 

Pox also has higher fire rate, faster reload, and roughly the same travel time. In every respect, Pox is superior. Especially with the way Secondary mods are better than Primary mods. The only things Torid has over Pox is Riven disposition and its could is stronger.

So "one of the best weapons in the game" is outdone in DPS and utility by a weapon that looks like an Infested rubber chicken. Torid isn't bad, but it's a far cry from being top-tier. Especially compared to other launchers, let alone to the current meta powercreep. 

Torrid is a great weapon. No real other way to explain it. Not for direct damage but utility. 

Equip it on a high casting frame, put corrosive/magnetic/whatever on it and stick it to a heavy unit/Nullifier and wait. Then continue your 4 spam into victory.