Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Syndicate Weapon Mods worth using?

(XBOX)D34thst41ker

Question

I just finished the Ambulas Reborn "story" and got the Supra Vandal, and was taking another look at the mods on offer from Ergo Glast. Honestly, they all seem pretty lackluster. The thing is, that's true for all the Syndicate Weapon Mods: none of them strike me as particularly useful. Is there something that I'm missing, or are Syndicate Weapon Mods generally just not worth picking up?

10 answers to this question

Some make weapon more fun, otherwise most of them are not worth much. Take them for explosion effect only.

Mods for Supra, Hek, Sobek, Vulkar are great. Furis if you want pocket healer and dont use secondary weapons much. Others are rather lackluster. Burston mod makes shooting full burst in microsecond, but doesnt change much.

As for event mods, there are two that takes my attention - Panthera and Obex. Others are rather plain situational (Lanka, Miter) or just plain weak (SilvaAegis, Kunai).

I find that most syndicate mods are worth using because of their syndicate proc. As for the other stat added, the grinlok mod turns it into a hybrid status/crit weapon. I forget what the sobek mod does but I'm a big fan of it too. Other than that, there's no syndicate-augmented weapons that I regularly use, but I would usually consider them all worth using, if for nothing else but the proc.

50 minutes ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

Is there something that I'm missing, or are Syndicate Weapon Mods generally just not worth picking up?

Dark dagger augment on rakta dark dagger = covert lethality for keeping the blight procs going and restoring energy. Good for stealth like Ivara. Augment mod also synergizes with the dagger's passive if you actually wanted to use it for more than assassinating with finishers.

Prisma Dual Cleavers have some really strong stats and then the augment is +100% damage. I'm surprised I don't see them around more often. I'm not a big fan of the stances for dual blades myself though.

If they would let us put the Hek augment on Vaykor Hek I'd use that as well, but I figure that'd be allowed by now if it was going to be allowed.

Not sure how the math works on the Vulkar one. That might be worth using on Vulkar Wraith?

I don't think I use any of the others except for fun on rare occasion. Maybe if one was for something with a strong disposition and you got a complementary riven... but generally no. In most cases I'd rather use the actual syndicate guns.

Edited by VKhaun

48 minutes ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

I just finished the Ambulas Reborn "story" and got the Supra Vandal, and was taking another look at the mods on offer from Ergo Glast. Honestly, they all seem pretty lackluster. The thing is, that's true for all the Syndicate Weapon Mods: none of them strike me as particularly useful. Is there something that I'm missing, or are Syndicate Weapon Mods generally just not worth picking up?

Syndicate mods each have their own "Special ability" As an example the Arbiters of Hexis provides us with the "Truth" ability, wich explodes in a radius around you dealing 1000 toxic dmg, personally i use this mod for clearing out infected with my silva and aegis
I recommend you look at http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicates and scroll down to rank 4 offerings, there is a list of the abilities and what they do

I know that Baro recently sold the Prisma Obex on PC, and I have seen someone say it's a good weapon; however, I have no idea if that was just an initial impression, or the result of extended testing. If it really is a good weapon, I can see the Obex mod being worth picking up.

I also forgot about the Supra mod. According to the wiki, it's status boost is additive, and gets added after all other status boosts are calculated. Assuming I'm doing my math right, the four 60/60 Status/Element mods would give the Supra Vandal a 17% status chance, so the Syndicate mod would boost that to 37%. Doesn't sound great, but the Supra Vandal's high rate of fire and large magazine makes that kind of ridiculous.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

I also forgot about the Supra mod. According to the wiki, it's status boost is additive, and gets added after all other status boosts are calculated. Assuming I'm doing my math right, the four 60/60 Status/Element mods would give the Supra Vandal a 17% status chance, so the Syndicate mod would boost that to 37%. Doesn't sound great, but the Supra Vandal's high rate of fire and large magazine makes that kind of ridiculous.

The math is correct but that would be status trigger per bullet, not status probability which is what the UI gives you.

The expected status trigger counting Multishot would be 0.703 per shot.

Status trigger is more useful for actual calculations but in perspective to the UI using the augment with no 60/60 elementals, it's a 42.1% probability.

Personally I wouldn't bother with 60/60 mods on Supra, but I guess it could be worth while if you took it to lvl 200+ armored enemies.