Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Account Restricked?

Conquest_

Question

Hi all, i had today 75% discount and me and my dad bought 2100 platinum, for some reason my dad wanted a refund, and its now like i got 2100p from nowhere, and i dont want to be restricked, i have a question. I contacted support on this, and i still have 2100 platinum and i dont want to be banned for a week, will support be able to delete all of my 2100p or ill just get banned? because i dont want to get banned and im very on pressure and scared to lose my waframe account

7 answers to this question

Well... Usually the process is quite automatic, but since you're not touching the plat and you've contacted support really fast you might have a chance at avoiding a ban.

For now I think all you can do is be patient and make sure you do NOT spend any of the plat, though. I wonder if a mod/DE employee could give further insight on this though.

@[DE]Aidan think you could lend a hand here? :)

Edited by NightmareT12

19 minutes ago, SniperXL182 said:

Hi all, i had today 75% discount and me and my dad bought 2100 platinum, for some reason my dad wanted a refund, and its now like i got 2100p from nowhere, and i dont want to be restricked, i have a question. I contacted support on this, and i still have 2100 platinum and i dont want to be banned for a week, will support be able to delete all of my 2100p or ill just get banned? because i dont want to get banned and im very on pressure and scared to lose my waframe account

Hey Sniper

Quite puzzling why your father would buy the plat and then refund it after, asking him this question would be very wise as this can trigger the failsafe of the game hitting the red button and banning your account for pretty much getting "free plat". (I do not know exactly HOW it works, a DE person will have to jump in).

But as you already contacted support you do not need to worry about a thing, if you calmly explain what happened to support they will be more than happy to deal with the issue at hand, but please understand that support are always under heavy load and it may take some time for them to reach your ticket. As long you made it clear and readable, they will be able to get back to you.

Sadly, there is very little we can do here to help you as this is personal to your account and support, as most rules go the topic might be locked by a Mod, due to the support have this at hand and all you have to do is wait, so please do not be alarmed if the topic does get locked. 

However, all I can do is to try to reassure you that, your account will be fine, as long as your father's bank and DEs side sort it, you have nothing to worry about, for any reason your account does get banned, then simply wait for support to get back to you.

In any event, please keep in mind that if you ever want to buy plat and you are SURE you want it then buy it and not refund it, as this can cause your account to be banned, so in future either use your own money or make sure you and your dad agree on the payment.

This is all I can say really, but I do wish you luck with support sniper. You'll be fine, as long as you don't spend any of the platinum.

Once the refund is processed the platinum will likely be deducted from your account in due course. If there are any problems support will help you.

Legion

Edited by LegionCynex

What would happen if he were to trade that platinum to someone else? Could it be used a potential scam, buying something expensive and then having the person they traded with have their plat deleted, leaving them both without their item and their plat. I've had a bit suspicious trade today where one guy wanted to give me 1k for a riven without bargaining. Thought he might have had same thing happen to him and that I might end up losing all that plat.

12 hours ago, Gweredith said:

What would happen if he were to trade that platinum to someone else? Could it be used a potential scam, buying something expensive and then having the person they traded with have their plat deleted, leaving them both without their item and their plat. I've had a bit suspicious trade today where one guy wanted to give me 1k for a riven without bargaining. Thought he might have had same thing happen to him and that I might end up losing all that plat.

It's been known to happen but support would be able help if something so ugly was to happen to you. Trading is always a potential risk and you should simply abandon a trade if you feel suspicious, regardless of how tempting the offer is.

Make it a habit to screenshot/record substantial trades just in case you do find yourself speaking to support.

If you have already gone through with a suspicious trade then make note of your balance and sit on the platinum for a while, just in case it disapears. A negative balance will auto-suspend you and make the support process longer, but that can't happen if you haven't spent any of it.