The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What melee weapons hit the fastest?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

This is not in regard to the attack speed stat, but to each individual hit with Quick Attacks. There are so many different melee weapon types, each with their own animations, some with stances that change the quick attacks, and I want to find out which weapon types hit the fastest with their quick attacks.

Spoiler

This is in regard to the Healing Return mod

15 answers to this question

Apparently they changed the Attack speeds on them, the normal Fang used to be a bit quicker than the Primed version. Its been like 3+ years since i last used them.
At that time someone during DevStream said on the chat to buff the Fang's atk speed which [DE]Rebecca even joked that if they made the Fang any faster, Steve would have their heads.

Still it can be considered Fastest for doing 3 hits per push of a button.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

Apparently they changed the Attack speeds on them, the normal Fang used to be a bit quicker than the Primed version. Its been like 3+ years since i last used them.
At that time someone during DevStream said on the chat to buff the Fang's atk speed which [DE]Rebecca even joked that if they made the Fang any faster, Steve would have their heads.

Well, we have the Okina now which is even faster than the Fang Prime

...guess someone lost their head

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

Hirudo used as "quick melee" don't use stances which make that weapon one of the fastest in game + it can still heal you... just perfect.

Sheev/Rakta Dark Dagger are quite fast even on finishers... but who the Hek use daggers in Warframe?

And if you want just hit as many enemies as you can... spin2win Atterax - one swing and most of them are dead.

Gotta look at the stance IMO. Animations will vary and attack speeds of weapons vary, but it's still nice to look at how many hits are in the combos. If I wanted maximum hits in a given time frame the first thing I'd try would be Grim Fury. Using Hirudo lately I've been really surprised how fast Grim Fury can strike. Then I'd compare to stances with more hits in the combo.

If I had to guess I'd say the champ is probably going to end up being the pause combo on Atlantis Vulcan for nunchaku if you can master repeating it back to back, but the block combo on the same stance is also a contender and much easier to do so you have training wheels. It'd take a while to build up berserk on the Nunchaku available right now though, so maybe that's not a good answer for general purpose mission running.

Sinking Talon's E-Spam is 3x -> 3x -> 2x (Average of 2.67)

Brutal Tide E-Spam is 1x -> 3x -> 3x (2.34)

Vermillion Storm: 1 - 2 - 5 -1 (2.25)

Vulpine Mask hold combo 2 - 3 - 4 - 2 - 2 (2.6 but requires a hold to start it off)

Atlantis Vulcan block combo 2 - 1 - 3 - 2 - 5 - 2 (2.5)

Atlantis Vulcan's pause combo is even better, but good luck nailing that over and over again for a long mission...

EDIT-- You did say quick attacks didn't you. Grim Fury Hirudo would still be my starting point, but not sure where to go from there.

Edited by VKhaun

16 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

And if you want just hit as many enemies as you can... spin2win Atterax - one swing and most of them are dead.

^This is very true. I find myself specifically sticking to quick melee with whips because the quick attacks are this awesome sweep that just goes back and forth over and over. If you get healed for each individual enemy hit this could win over raw speed if you have enough targets.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:14 AM, Cyborg-Rox said:
Spoiler

This is in regard to the Healing Return mod

In regards to Healing Return, it's probably gonna be Ninkondi/Shaku, Dual Kamas/Prime, and the Nikana series with Blind Justice.  Those are probably the fastest with multiple hits in quick melee that will benefit that mod.  I say this because the first hit can proc status while the next hits would activate Healing Return for healing and with just one button press.  

Of those I mentioned the Ninkondi and Shaku get the best results.  Due to the high number of hits they do in such a short amount of time, while Healing Return heals per hit.  

Hirudo with Healing Return is almost god mode with the amount of healing you can receive.  Hope this helps you Tenno.