Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still not "raining" mut samples

Thought to myself, Welp might as well take advantage of double resources weekend. 

Spent an hour in the derelict, and got 60 mut samples?! And you know after hundreds and hundreds of hours farming Nova and Ember prime in the derelict it is safe to say MY ghost clan will never have the hema, until it actually starts "raining" muts, then I'll be back one day. Oh well

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

17 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Thought to myself, Welp might as well take advantage of double resources weekend. 

Spent an hour in the derelict, and got 60 mut samples?! And you know after hundreds and hundreds of hours farming Nova and Ember prime in the derelict it is safe to say MY ghost clan will never have the hema, until it actually starts "raining" muts, then I'll be back one day. Oh well

Easy. You went solo, so 1/4 the enemies, 1/4 the drops.  a full team should have got about 200.

also, the 72 in 20 min fits with this, as you have 1 per min per player, so 20 x 4 ~80.

Edited by Elvangreen

1 minute ago, Elvangreen said:

Easy. You went solo, so 1/4 the enemies, 1/4 the drops.  a full team should have got about 200.

Still 60 in 1 hour with Nekros and double resources should have net me more than 60. No?

7 minutes ago, xKlay said:

That's weird, i did got 72 samples without a setup team in 20 mins a few hours ago. 

get scammed console

Is it bugged? Idk

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

Still 60 in 1 hour with Nekros and double resources should have net me more than 60. No?

Is it bugged? Idk

as far as i can tell its about 1 per 2 min per player, assuming you have a pilfroid or nekros (currently 2x with the booster).

With myself with both boosters and 2 clan mates, both running Nekros and a random (who dc after 10 mins) , we got over 700 mutagen samples in a 40min ODS. So the OP is ding something very wrong as even solo, i have been harvesting 80 to 125 samples in 30min ODS running Loki.

4 minutes ago, JyuDragon said:

With myself with both boosters and 2 clan mates, both running Nekros and a random (who dc after 10 mins) , we got over 700 mutagen samples in a 40min ODS. So the OP is ding something very wrong as even solo, i have been harvesting 80 to 125 samples in 30min ODS running Loki.

so, thats 700 / 2 (for boosters), you have 350, divide by 4, and you have 87 per player, @ about 2 per min.

However if you have the 700 EACH, that is 350 per player, @ about 8 per min, which is higher then i have ever managed.

Edited by Elvangreen

Just now, UvBenServed said:

Maybe it's the Shade? When farming MS, you want the infested to be as aggressive towards you as possible. In my experience, invisibility just slows things down.

With SoS and Desecrate up for an entire hour, I dont suspect that is the case.  Could be wrong tho...

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

No. 

I mean, look at it this way; what are you farming mutagen samples for? Probably Hema research, right? 

Why are you doing it by yourself? You're farming mutagen samples, for the combined cost of everyone in your clan. Why do you expect that you should be able to get even a percentage of that amount in x hours, by yourself? You alone have lower enemy spawns, and lower total ability to kill things as fast. 

If you really want it to "rain" mutagen, samples, then play smart. Take 2 Ivaras, a Nekros, and some other person to do crowd control or something. Steal everything, kill it, then have Nekros reroll. Ivara has the ability to get a higher additional loot chance than Nekros, though it's only one at a time. A second Ivara doubles that chance. A nekros also gives you an additional chance, as well as health (which is honestly what Desecrate is for, considering its additional loot chance is actually only 54%). 

Or hell, if you really want it to "rain" mutagen samples, take 4 Ivaras, and all of you have the Sancti Magistar. Sancti Magistar can heal the cryopod easily, so you can thus take your time to loot everything for a 400% chance to get at least 1 additional mutagen sample. 

9 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

With SoS and Desecrate up for an entire hour, I dont suspect that is the case.  Could be wrong tho...

When I farmed MS, I didn't really used Shadows. They had a tendency to wander off and distract enemies away from me, without doing all that much damage. I pretty much just used an Atterax, Desecrate, Vacuum, and Madurai focus for 40 minutes at a time. Would usually come out with more than 60 MS, without a booster.

I don't want to tell others how they should farm, but if you're not getting the results you want, it might be worth changing up your strategy.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

No. 

I mean, look at it this way; what are you farming mutagen samples for? Probably Hema research, right? 

Why are you doing it by yourself? You're farming mutagen samples, for the combined cost of everyone in your clan. Why do you expect that you should be able to get even a percentage of that amount in x hours, by yourself? You alone have lower enemy spawns, and lower total ability to kill things as fast. 

If you really want it to "rain" mutagen, samples, then play smart. Take 2 Ivaras, a Nekros, and some other person to do crowd control or something. Steal everything, kill it, then have Nekros reroll. Ivara has the ability to get a higher additional loot chance than Nekros, though it's only one at a time. A second Ivara doubles that chance. A nekros also gives you an additional chance, as well as health (which is honestly what Desecrate is for, considering its additional loot chance is actually only 54%). 

Or hell, if you really want it to "rain" mutagen samples, take 4 Ivaras, and all of you have the Sancti Magistar. Sancti Magistar can heal the cryopod easily, so you can thus take your time to loot everything for a 400% chance to get at least 1 additional mutagen sample. 

I don't have that option this weekend. Great suggestion tho. But in my 4 man ghost clan and we need 5000, and 60 an hour is basically another 100 hours of gameplay with double resources and it takes way to long to find a pub willing to grind with the right set up...it's all a little to much. 

36 minutes ago, Elvangreen said:

so, thats 700 / 2 (for boosters), you have 350, divide by 4, and you have 87 per player, @ about 2 per min.

However if you have the 700 EACH, that is 350 per player, @ about 8 per min, which is higher then i have ever managed.

Only 3 players extracted, the random DCed after 10mins, myself and a clanmate got 350+ each, other clanmate got less

I got resource booster on top of weekend multiplier, no drop chance booster though as I focus on Kuva farming this weekend.

I did few quick runs in Derelict to see how much of a difference it would make, with Nekros + Atterax and current x4 drops I get 40-60 on average in capture missions or 10 minute survival.

Smashing boxes in side rooms works well.