Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties are not for Noobs

Jakorak

43 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

This Sortie was the first fun sortie in a long time. I kinda enjoyed it.

(I took Ash, Saryn and Ivara for the 3 steps)

I agree with you. I liked the last especially since it was challenging with a bow.

I took Frost P. for the first 2 and Nova P. for the last one :)

13 hours ago, JVargo said:

You know the funny thing is I'm not a noob, I do understand the mechanics, and I do have a diverse armory, but I still took one look at today's sortie and was like screw that.

Same, the first two I was like "Okay, I can power through that" But Kela De Thaym? OH VAY NORO WAY COMRADE!

I always solo Sorties, if I fail it's down to me.

Did todays' Sortie using Loki. I always struggle but if you want to watch a real pro take a look at Tavier Corsair's (spelling) site for how to solo Sorties. He did it with Mag and made it look easy!

ps Still no Riven!

pps 'Tis you Mr Voidforged

Edited by (XB1)poodlebingo 65

I agree that if it's endgame sorties should have a higher mastery lock instead of 4 and needed to complete TWW

But at the same time if you join pubs this will 100% happen and pretty often.

So either go in recruiting chat make it easier, or do it solo then you won't encounter this problem at all. we have solo and invite only for a reason 

4 hours ago, TotallyLagging said:

Used my operator to hit the buttons.

Wow. Why have I never thought of that? +1 to you, good sir. 

*takes notes

EDIT: Just went in multiple times to test this; it worked on the bottom level as you would expect, but once I got to the top, any time I stepped into the operator it wouldn't let me move from that spot. (Could still fire the beam/jump/spin in circles, just couldn't walk, and wasn't close enough to hit the targets) It would also freeze all of the wheels and turn off the lights from the tiles that you are supposed to step on. 

Will record some footage for a bug report.

Edited by Voidforged

On 28.5.2017 at 7:48 PM, Jakorak said:

Today's sortie is an exercise in why Sorties are not for noobs.

Elemental enhancement Sabotage

Physical enhancement Interception

Bow only Kela De Thaym

Players that don't understand the basics of specific gamemodes and encounters, or don't have viable gear options to choose between become severe dead weights for high level restrictive skill intensive encounters

Still would say that sorties can be accomplished by noobs (who played some shooter games before Warframe and can read^^).

1 or 2 Frames are enough to get through all of these missions (Ivara or Loki for example).

1. First mission: Sabotage. Sortie condition elemental whatever is completely meaningless if you are invisible which can be achieved easily with Ivara, Ash, Loki without corrupted mods. Easy going, 0 skill requirement, enemy lvl is meaningless.
  2. Second mission: Interception. Sortie condition is again whatever for an invisible Frame(s) or because it's against Grineer 4 Limbos (without any mods) and be careful to not fall asleep. Again 0 skill required (and you can get Limbo, Loki, Ivara very early).
  3. A little bit trickier but still not hard.

EDIT: BTW you have to complete The War Within to play Sorties. To play The War Within you have to complete Sedna Junction and to do this you have to complete the starchart and every Quest that came out before The War Within. And that is 95% of the whole game.

The only thing you can do afterwards is farming for shiny things (and by "shiny things" i mean farming for primes, rivens, prisma weapons, primed mods, arcanes or in other words things you don't need).

So if these players are "noobs" (that's how you are calling them) who have basically completed the game and are not ready for Sorties then it's definitely time to add some difficulty to the game on the way there cause it's too easy.

Edited by Sarcasm4Free

i used oberon for sortie 3, using hallowed ground and reckoning to strip the armor fast then smite twice to trip the health into the next round. thank god for percentile damage and my team appreciated the extra armor, heals and extra revival time.

20 hours ago, Jakorak said:

Bow only Kela De Thaym

Players that don't understand the basics of specific gamemodes and encounters, or don't have viable gear options to choose between become severe dead weights for high level restrictive skill intensive encounters

20 hours ago, JVargo said:

You know the funny thing is I'm not a noob, I do understand the mechanics, and I do have a diverse armory, but I still took one look at today's sortie and was like screw that.

20 hours ago, aligatorno said:

The only "hard one" is Sortie 3 since if you don't have a warframe that can dish out damage without a weapon, you are kinda screwed. Titania makes it a piece of cake tho. 

20 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

4 Trinities will prove you very wrong...

Playing on my main(MR23 4400hrs) account I cheesed Sortie 3 and carried a couple groups:

Abating Link Trinity with EV and Attica(Rven is +132.2%Critical Damage + 160.9%Damage+99.3% Status Chance) with Vile Acceleration and Arcane Avenger for easy crits 

However on my Alt(MR17 240hrs) where I have been conservative in Frame Slots and Weapon slots

I have a Forma'd dread as the only Bow but only had Loki, Ivara and Nekros Prime as Frame options. Only I and one other player had CP, with no frames having Armor removal ability.

Bow only part for the Puzzles was annoying and then players were being killed during the middle strikes. Inaros was Blinding Kela at 1st and then Ivara in group was Spam Sleeping Kela for what seemed like a 1sec duration...however Kela's Shield Regen and reduced Bleed/status duration coupled with her high armor was just too much of nuisance. 20+mins and we had not made it past 2nd phase before Revives were exhausted.

Was just a Sortie worth skipping on that account.

More of a gear check than whether or not it was newbie friendly. Had I had a different frame I could have made that Sortie easier on Alt.

Only thing that could have been worse for Kela's, in my opinion would be Melee only  & only because the Pad-Spinning Disc Puzzles would be a nightmare. Especially since DE removed Operator/empty Frame from counting as 2 pad eligible. (Otherwise you could exit Warframe holding the pad and move close to Void Beam the Disc Puzzle if not a Frame with Ranged ability attacks that can trigger discs)

22 hours ago, Jakorak said:

Bow only Kela De Thaym

All of that is easy, Warframe is easy, sorties are simple "pew pew"

Not like old days with endless void missions, 1 def warframe, 1 buffer, 1 nova, 1 dps, if one of they fail, we die in high level.

Dont say "is the same nowdays" because people dont run high defense missions this days, at least not like old days.

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

4 hours ago, PierceSG said:

Something to share.

Wait, the only time I tried Kela there were dozens of rollers litterally spamming all of us, where are them ? :o 

I never tried it again just because of the massive cheese required for this one, but il looks like there's nothing too difficult in the end... wtf

22 minutes ago, DeadScream said:

Wait, the only time I tried Kela there were dozens of rollers litterally spamming all of us, where are them ? :o 

I never tried it again just because of the massive cheese required for this one, but il looks like there's nothing too difficult in the end... wtf

The balls are "summoned" by Kela, also more players = more balls.

I tried bringing Frost to Kela this time btw, the Bow only yesterday, because people get so angry at Limbo. 

I learned why I rarely ever see a Frost in the Kela arena -- apparently the bombardment goes right through his bubble... 

Oh well, we still won pretty fast. Because Frost bubble didn't protect it was a bit of a silly PUG mission, with lots of revives all around, but in the end a Trin killed it with EV I think. 

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I tried bringing Frost to Kela this time btw, the Bow only yesterday, because people get so angry at Limbo. 

I learned why I rarely ever see a Frost in the Kela arena -- apparently the bombardment goes right through his bubble... 

Oh well, we still won pretty fast. Because Frost bubble didn't protect it was a bit of a silly PUG mission, with lots of revives all around, but in the end a Trin killed it with EV I think. 

If it is big enough it won't, even more so if it is within its invincibility phase. I used Frost there a few times and I never got hit. 

Edited by aligatorno

6 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

If it is big enough it won't. I used Frost there a few times and I never got hit. 

It may be a bug, perhaps a recent one? Because I do remember it working in the past -- or at least I thought I remembered it working.

Thing was, I thought it might be range at first, but I tried spamming it (which means if nothing else, invuln period should have protected me) with me literally in the center of my own bubble, and I was getting insta-gibbed. 

So I don't know, maybe a bug, if you've used Frost there in the at least fairly recent past, and it worked. 

I wish I had been able to take video, it was like it was completely ignoring that Snow Globe was even there. 

I had stretch, I thought that would be enough to protect from splash damage, I thought it had been in the past. As I don't even have a copy of overextended currently, and haven't bothered with that mod for ages. Maybe I just misremember. Can you not protect from the splash without overextended? If Stretch alone isn't enough, would it combined with Cunning Drift do the trick? 

I used to like using Limbo a lot more for defense than Frost, so I am not quite as experienced with him the ice lord. I have been playing Frost more lately though, because there is even more hatred for Limbo than usual. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

6 hours ago, Hawk2501 said:

i used oberon for sortie 3, using hallowed ground and reckoning to strip the armor fast then smite twice to trip the health into the next round. thank god for percentile damage and my team appreciated the extra armor, heals and extra revival time.

Wish the Oberson and Frost I was with would do that. Seriously, Frost and Oberon, neither of them used their powers much at all. Snow Globe was used maybe three times. Avalanche was used twice. Oberon never used his powers from what I could tell.

33 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

-snip-

Just did a run to test it out to be sure I`m using wrong information. It might have been a problem with your range stat, I used my 105% Dur 170% Eff 160% Range 100% Str [Stretch + Cunning Drift] Ice Wave Impedance Build and I did not get hit even once by the rockets, be it during the invulnerability phase of the globe or the normal phase. 

Edited by aligatorno

Just now, aligatorno said:

Just did a run to test it out to be sure I`m using wrong information. It might have been a problem with your range stat, I used my 160% Range [Stretch + Cunning Drift] Ice Wave Impedance Build and I did not get hit even once by the rockets, be it during the invulnerability phase of the globe or the normal phase. 

My problem then was probably that I was using only Stretch, my guess would be that is not quite enough to protect from the splash like I assumed it would. I'll try it later with Stretch + Cunning Drift, but I'm already certain it will work if it just did for you. 

23 hours ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

Two fun PUGs I had. First had a couple of Limbos that kept throwing us i to the rift when we needed to shoot the wall. Wound up leaving.

Second PUG, the Oberon and Frost didn't seem to even know what their powers were, or could do to rollers so the Valkyr was basically on revival duty while I kept damaging Kela. Almost left that one too. Was depressing as hell when I saw I did 84% of the damage on the extraction screen. Cut off the game when my reward for all of that was 4k endo. 

Lol damn

On 5/28/2017 at 1:52 PM, JVargo said:

This. I'm sure people can do it and sorties are a challenge at times, but players can be dead weights if they choose to be on any number of missions. Nothing really needs to per say be "end game" or tough to get that kind of crowd.