Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Forma and Polarities.

007-MusicalMind

Hi,

I would like to suggest to change the current forma system a little bit different.

Like, If you forma a polarity in Config A then you can change the polarities in config B and Config C of your choice for free for that slot rather than same polarity for all three configs. it makes other factions builds easy and we can fit in riven mods easily without another forma.

Ty.

Huh.... I was actually ranting about how dumb Aura polarities are the other day because they restrict builds on frames and yet few have anything to do with the frame but I think you just fixed that problem.

It would also solve the problem with Riven + Prime Bane + Prime Shred + Prime Cryo taking up too much damn capacity to swap Elementals.

the only other option to this is allow stacking polarties.

in other words it has a "D" polarity, and i forma and want to make it "V", instead of it just overwriting the first, i can now switch between either one as my builds need.

original idea will make DE more money, so i'd say its a better idea on that front, but either way i'd like to see something like this done too.

What about forging a second or third copy of the same weapon/warframe and formaing it in a different way?? I think it's really cool to have different copies of the same stuff just for different builds. Gives me more stuff to do. 

I would like to see that kind of flexibility. A player shouldn't feel like university level research is required before locking in polarities. It's enough to get the blueprints, get the mats, and build all the forma needed per weapon. Multiple configurations would also be nice for simple experimentation. It would be fun to find out if something works or not and be able to mix things up for fun rather than feeling like you're locked into meta builds simply because it's not worth the pain of re-rolling yet again.

No, because Forma polarized slots are meant to act as a "small tradeoff in power" and by doing this you are just bypassing that.

Build another copy of that weapon if you have THAT much of an issue.

You don't have "3 separate instance of that weapon" available to you, the "A B C" slots are just for just so that you don't manually have to redo the whole gun, you are basically asking for "3 differently polarized guns".

Edited by DSpite

1 hour ago, DSpite said:

No, because Forma polarized slots are meant to act as a "small tradeoff in power" and by doing this you are just bypassing that.

Build another copy of that weapon if you have THAT much of an issue.

You don't have "3 separate instance of that weapon" available to you, the "A B C" slots are just for just so that you don't manually have to redo the whole gun, you are basically asking for "3 differently polarized guns".

Ok, How do I build another Supra Vandal? Perhaps another 600plat is reasonable for a 2nd Ember Prime?

Polarization was original designed as a specialization method but with the addition of Primed mods and Rivens we simply do not have the capacity to use those mods and still function within the basic layers of game play, ie, swapping Elementals.

If you want proof of that go make a Supra Vandal build using Primed Bane, Heavy Cal, Primed Shred, a Riven and Primed Cryo then try to switch elemental types.

This goes even further to the absolutely pointless purpose of an Aura polarity which doesn't even serve to specialize the frame 90% of the time. They're faction and weapon based and yet they add further restrictions making it impossible for some frame to go without picking an Aura and being stuck with it at the expense of a Forma.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Ok, How do I build another Supra Vandal? Perhaps another 600plat is reasonable for a 2nd Ember Prime?

I, personally, find it a bit boring though that you should be able to do everything with your gun. Supra Vandal is an exclusive gun that we got as a reward. When we forma it, I see it as dedicating that weapon to something, enhancing it. When we get an exclusive gun it should be special, not something that we have 4 of just because we want to use it everywhere.

Although that is just my personal opinion of how I view forma and the exclusive stuff = )

16 minutes ago, (PS4)ExetSM said:

I, personally, find it a bit boring though that you should be able to do everything with your gun. Supra Vandal is an exclusive gun that we got as a reward. When we forma it, I see it as dedicating that weapon to something, enhancing it. When we get an exclusive gun it should be special, not something that we have 4 of just because we want to use it everywhere.

Although that is just my personal opinion of how I view forma and the exclusive stuff = )

I don't see the argument of Supra Vandal being exclusive as to why I can't use it efficiently.

Is it fair a player should pay out 100-600 more plat because of a system that clearly cannot accommodate further Power Creep?

Supra is not the only weapon with this problem, it's just the easiest to showcase since it makes great use of Shred and Primed Shred is coming up.

Weapons already have disposition to different tasks, some can do it all but our ability to mod them is what helps to compensate or improve.

Why have mods at all otherwise? Just have Grineer-Gun1 and Corpus-Gun2 and get rid of mods.

11 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I don't see the argument of Supra Vandal being exclusive as to why I can't use it efficiently.

"I, personally, find it a bit boring though that you should be able to do everything with your gun."
If you don't want to spend S#&$loads of plat on a weapon that is no longer attainable/exclusive, then don't count on it to be used for everything, is sort of my point. I wish that you could not even get the exclusive again, because that would diminish the status of it (and to be extra clear, I am NOT saying that you should only have once shot of getting a weapon and then it's gone).

And yes, you are totally right in saying that weapons already have disposition to different tasks, but if a weapon is not mass-produced (like Supra Vandal) you should not be able to use it for everything. Kohm on the other hand is mass-produced and therefor should be possible to get 4 and then alter it's purpose if you want.
That being said though, they should somehow change the points system, like increase it, create an aura for weapons or something in that style because with the high amount (and increasing amount) of primed mods, that was not the case when the points were introduced

Edited by (PS4)ExetSM