Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shields??? What Shields?

Dauragin

Just now, Tizodd said:

I THINK [DE] is working on a shield-gate mechanic.

I know, and it needs to come sooner as you can see... this is just absurd. Volt Prime's shields are high but it doesnt matter, it's not even working as how it should be.

Lol, even if you had max hp instead you would've gotten killed anyways. Volt doesn't have that high of an amount of armor either. Try using arcane barrier/aegis, guardian and shield charger sentinel mods. Guardian mod is a really good mod with shields and you didn't use it in that video, you should have. Guardian mod is like one of those mandatory mods along with medi-ray. Arcane aegis helps too but is harder to obtain and is really good for survivability. Also, you should run redirection and vitality or redirection and quick thinking on volt prime, that's what I do. All these newcomers trying to survive with only one survivability mod are too greedy. I feel like you didn't take all of the mods and features in warframe into their full uses and consideration.

Edited by WingGun

You guys gotta be kidding me, shields regen and health doesn't by default. It's the same thing as health, but without the influence of armor. Many frames have 100 or less armor and 100 armor does very little for effective health. Health is generally better, but for most frames, shields are generally better and easier to benefit from.

Also, from looking at the video in more detail, those enemies are over level 100, this is normal and acceptable. (I know for certain that ancient is level 115)

Edited by WingGun

14 minutes ago, WingGun said:

those enemies are over level 100, this is normal

26 minutes ago, WingGun said:

even if you had max hp instead you would've gotten killed anyways.

This.

Health has 2 key advantages over shields:

1. slash and toxin DOTs ignore shields
  2. many more things restore health than shields, allowing for restore-under-fire

However, as raw damage soak, health is only superior to shields for those few frames that have significant armor values.  Fighting at or above level 100, the game is more about not getting hit, than it is surviving a hit (unless you're using a frame with invulnerability mechanics).

Wow....

So your opinion on the use of shields is based on a noobish video about someone that stands in one place and gets hit, and that someone expects shields to protect him.

Come on now.  If you are going to make an argument like this, for the sake of improving warframe, at least take all possible situations into consideration.  My questions is, who in the world would stand out in the open and stand still to get hit?  In battle, whether it is in real life or in a video game, you either take cover or keep moving.  Common sense.  (Especially with a warframe designed for speed and melee.)

Now if the shields are still too inefficient for this particular warframe to be useful (after all considerations), then go ahead and make an argument.  For now, this complaint seems absurd.

Edited by VampirePirate
made some corrections