Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus School skills for armor and damage scaling

Kusungphak

Current situation : We all know that only a few schools and skills are mainly used. And also at higher levels most enemies can one shot you if you are caught off guard. When you go beyond 100 say level 200 the EHP of enemies goes to insane levels. 

Suggestion : Focus school passive which can actually scale warframe armor based on enemies armor to level the playing field. So if you are against a level 500 enemy. Your armor scales to their level and you can actually take them head on. 

Current formula according to wiki is 

Current Armor = Base Armor × ( 1 + ( Current Level − Base Level )1.75 × 0.005 )

The same formula need not apply as that would make us almost invulnerable. 

Issues : Has a potential to be very OP if not done correctly so suggestion to have a high activation period. Say 300-400 secs. That way it wont kick in for the first 5 min waves of a survival. This can be a very specific build for long endurance runs if you want to go up against a level 1000 enemy. 

Just a suggestion. Would love to know if I am completely wrong or this may actually cause more harm than good.  :smile:

Edited by Kusungphak

I can onyl roll my eyes at this, did anyone ever think aobut that the scaling of enemys is that borken because they simply not want people to stay hours in misisons?

It not gives better reward not even does it help in any way, only makes it harder for no good rewards.

They scale so becasue tehy want to force palyers out if it gets to hard, simply this way is better withotu having to abort the misison automaticly on people, of course they can stay longer but some overdoe it and its ridiclious by now.

Everything that works till around 100-150 is ok i say, no need to push somoens ego more with them fighting level 200 and above and staying 5 hours in a surival as example.

17 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Everything that works till around 100-150 is ok i say, no need to push somoens ego more with them fighting level 200 and above and staying 5 hours in a surival as example.

Warframe is a lot of things and we all have a different ways of how we play the game. If someone wants to play a 5 hour survival is that so bad ? That's a very dedicated player to be honest who actually is trying to push the limit of the game. 

Maybe the cooldown of 5 mins is bad. I wouldn't mind if it activated at say 10 mins. Needed 5 million focus points to reach that level. Then farming focus to the max has a point. How if I am an energy hungry frame I can just level Void pulse mastery and Energy Overflow and I am done for the whole school.

1 hour ago, Kusungphak said:

Just a suggestion. Would love to know if I am completely wrong or this may actually cause more harm than good.  

Not a wholly terrible idea no, but it would need a lot more in it than just activate and done.  We have a new Focus system coming, so its difficult to make suggestions as we do so for the current one.  My thoughts specific to this idea is it would require multiple activatations to increase the bonus over time.  Perhaps even require it to absorb x amount of damage or have you deal y amount of damage prior to activating or even both.

Something that literally levels the playing field, making you unrealistically stronger as well is pretty much the same as reducing the levels of the enemies.  The entire point (or so I believe) to even have scaling enemies is to increase the challenge, and barring that because of insane CC and avoidance skills (invis) to promote the ideal of strategy.

Without a superior enemy, we are just mindlessly walking through, we need that bit of danger to make it worthwhile.  Now its pretty obvious the scaling we have now is pretty ridiculous, so I'd prefer that be handled first and foremost before introducing abilities (focus) to combat the scaling in any way.

Before any of this happens we also need to have normal starchart missions that START at level 100 that are not special events or sorties.  Like I know I can handle level 200 enemies in a survival and it is immense fun to do so whether I succeed or not. It is the getting to that point without falling asleep that is the real problem.

Armor itself doesn't really do much in the hands of players.

Even Chroma gets put down pretty easy on MOT because of how damage modifiers double dip and negate armor. It works better for enemies because they have quite literally millions of armor after a point. All this would really do is move the bar up a little until the exact same problem occurs again because the enemy damage is still scaling exponentially.

It's not as bad as some of the ideas in Unaru right now though but I think if we simply addressed Enemy damage scaling then we could have less numbers effects and more fun / flavor effects.

13 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

The entire point (or so I believe) to even have scaling enemies is to increase the challenge, and barring that because of insane CC and avoidance skills (invis) to promote the ideal of strategy.

Fair point. Like I said it was just a suggestion as I cant seem to find any use for most focus skills. A heavy gunner comes with an armour of 25k and EHP of 14 million at level 200 if my calculation is correct. 

I am waiting for shield gating and changes to focus schools as mentioned in devstream. Everything ripped apart is what I think they mentioned. Hope they don't rip apart what is actually is useful like energy overflow. 

13 minutes ago, Kusungphak said:

Hope they don't rip apart what is actually is useful like energy overflow. 

Hopefully they only nerf the value of that. Hopefully Shadow Step gets fully ripped apart.

52 minutes ago, Naftal said:

Hopefully they only nerf the value of that. Hopefully Shadow Step gets fully ripped apart.

So that melee 2.0 can get thrown out the window? Would be interesting to see how they deal with it. It's barely useful with a highly tanky frame, and the most useful with a form of stealth. 

Maybe it'll show them that their rework was insufficient and they'll make a better melee 3.0. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

So that melee 2.0 can get thrown out the window? Would be interesting to see how they deal with it. It's barely useful with a highly tanky frame, and the most useful with a form of stealth. 

Maybe it'll show them that their rework was insufficient and they'll make a better melee 3.0. 

Excuse me what? Melee never needed shadowstep. NEVER.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)theelix said:

It's just enemy damage scaling.

Like 90% of the other problems in this game It can all be traced back to enemy exponential damage output.

2 hours ago, Kusungphak said:

Warframe is a lot of things and we all have a different ways of how we play the game. If someone wants to play a 5 hour survival is that so bad ? That's a very dedicated player to be honest who actually is trying to push the limit of the game. 

Maybe the cooldown of 5 mins is bad. I wouldn't mind if it activated at say 10 mins. Needed 5 million focus points to reach that level. Then farming focus to the max has a point. How if I am an energy hungry frame I can just level Void pulse mastery and Energy Overflow and I am done for the whole school.

Yes they can do it as people shown it but that is there own thing then, but that not means they can demand dumb scaling to make it easeir for them also, no everyone can paly that long and people are happy if they can play peacefully maybe a hour a day due work and be doen with, without feeling its to easy due to high scaling of powers and weapons.

They can paly how they want and if tehy cheese torugh or find ways to abuse and exploit a system liek this, its there own problem, but DE also lets them partly, but again demanding that level 300 and god knows what should be the standard is ridiclious sorry.

People have lifes and sometiems want to play without needing such ego displaying of others, posing with it on Youtube or so, its there own thing as said but forgive me if this gives kinda the expression they have no lifes at all and peopel might not simply want others ot see the whole Warframe community beeing this way.

23 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Yes they can do it as people shown it but that is there own thing then, but that not means they can demand dumb scaling to make it easeir for them also, no everyone can paly that long and people are happy if they can play peacefully maybe a hour a day due work and be doen with, without feeling its to easy due to high scaling of powers and weapons.

They can paly how they want and if tehy cheese torugh or find ways to abuse and exploit a system liek this, its there own problem, but DE also lets them partly, but again demanding that level 300 and god knows what should be the standard is ridiclious sorry.

People have lifes and sometiems want to play without needing such ego displaying of others, posing with it on Youtube or so, its there own thing as said but forgive me if this gives kinda the expression they have no lifes at all and peopel might not simply want others ot see the whole Warframe community beeing this way.

That's why I wanted to know the counter arguments to this. If this kind of scaling is completely ridiculous then its a fair point and should not be implemented.

But I still don't get what you have against players posting videos of achievements on Youtube. It doesn't harm anyone. People have lives I understand but why would you be bothered by someone posting a 5 hour solo mot survival. I am pretty sure there is no ego displaying in a video. Its a achievement they share it simple. Warframe videos are limited viewership barely crossing 100k views at max. I barely heard about this game few months before. Youtube videos actually bring in more new players and actually helps in growing warframe hence all this twitch linking and Youtube streams. 

I am not not a kid and have been gaming for years with a full time job. I rather enjoy watching nice videos and streams. Gaming is accepted as a normal activity now and there is no taboo of gaming a lot. Atleast not for me. If someone rolls their eyes for me playing a single dota match for 2 hours straight then that's their problem not mine.