Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why banshee , limbo should be nerfed hard

cheneryx

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

You can also try to defy mechanics if you desire to. You can try playing chroma around A++ Cc, generally play rage builds around overshield spamming frames, bring short ranged stuff to levels that fall on aoe, try status builds/frames with a spamming avalance frost, screw stat requirents, generally mime the petulant child but you shouldn't be frickin suprised when you suck at the missions then. All the examples OP missed make a excellent point, which is that you may hit walls at any time playing random, with nearly every setup you may encounter. Not just around banshee or limbo.

It tells something about the game when you have to make more affort to play around your teammates than to counter enemy mobs.

1 hour ago, Prany said:

It tells something about the game when you have to make more affort to play around your teammates than to counter enemy mobs.

Yep, especially compared to propper mmorpgs, where roles like tank, healer, support, single and aoe dd's got relevance beyond simple convinience while you're beein nothing but a irrelevant gear. But hey, that's not what warframe is, here you make an actuall impact on the battlefield all by yourself. Here you have 4 spots that may synergize or not at all due to the sheer mass of content and unique mechanics. Debatable if that's bad or really frickin good, specially with how successfull they are with that reciepe.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Sound Quake banshees are pretty much only seen in defense XP farms, and they usually can't keep their ult up for more than a round before requring an energy refill. While I'll admit it kinda sucks not seeing anything spawn and then having the "wave cleared" message appear, I don't feel it's a huge issue unless it's sustained by let's say a trinity. Maybe DE could make sure that the interaction with energy restoring frames is lessened, and maybe ensure that max range sound quake does not lock down enemies out of sight/range. as I do feel that the range might be the biggest issue, as it can lockdown whole maps and make sure enemies don't even move out from their spawn points. That said, it's still a pretty niche build an I don't see it used enough to find it really annoying.

Limbo is pretty annoying if you get a max range asshat that basically locks down a whole room and makes all your firearms useless. I had a couple of Akkad games where I was leveling a single gun and had no melee weapons on... So I was pretty much borked. The visuals are kinda terrible, plus his whole banish mechanic always irked me , and still does. There's someting utterly frustrating when you see a whole team actually unable to kill enemies because some limbo decided to be funny. Old limbo was annoying , but nobody was using him... But new limbo is annoying and you see alot of people using him because he's new and he's a better frame than before.

Ember is also pretty annoying with her world on fire. Yes, it doesn't scale well in very lategame, but it's still extremely OP and broken, killing enemies with zero effort while on the move. People used to complain about Ash's bladestorm, but it was limited to 18 enemies, took a long time to kill said enemies and forced ash to stand static for like 15 seconds each cast.... Meanwhile Ember is free to basically run the whole map watching every enemies dying around her and vacuuming neatly packed energy balls and mods while everyone else attempts to shoot enemies before they spontaneously burst in fire.

That said I'm mostly against nerfs in this game... I feel like lately everything I enjoy gets nerfed to hell, so while these three combinations are not something I use, I would rather them not destroy yet another bunch of cool builds.

This thread had its chance, even though it started more like a raging rant (which is against the Rule 2 of the Guidelines), but I see many unconstructive, sometimes aggressive & poor replies.

Opinions have been given, and sometimes we have to dig into the mud to find the bad and the ugly of the game.

But I'd like to remind to everyone that the goal of the Feedbacks is to improve the situation of the game. To combine our ideas for a better ending. For that, we do not need to crush other people for their different opinions/ways of playing.

Also, we often forget it: communication ingame is key to solve many annoying/frustrating situations. Talk to your squadmate in a respectful way, and explain them why their gameplay is frustrating for you. Avoid the trap of raging/insulting them. If they do not cooperate, just let them know it's such a shame that you couldn't have a nice teamplay and a friendly encounter, and leave the squad as soon as you can.

As for the warframes themselves, if you see issues that promotes negative attitude from the players, just raise it in a constructive way on the forums, with simple suggestions of tweaks to improve the situation.

Going to the extremes won't solve anything.

Be your best. Let them shine. Win together.

Stasis.

On 6/2/2017 at 8:45 AM, (PS4)decogold said:

No it's not, it still fits into the "troll" category. I've had a glance at your rhetoric, doesn't really help your general consensus but i'll dismiss it. 

Back to the main point, it still fits into the same group. If you think otherwise, then we need to have a rethink on what a "troll" frame is... because merely categorising Limbo into this group without considering what troll frames are renders the point mute.

If the goal is to kill things (which pretty much every mission is) then killing things faster than you is not what anyone would consider "trolling" you. They are just doing more damage faster than you. Many frames can do that (Mesa and Saryn can out kill an ember EASILY on defense missions, and low level missions a ignis will kill as fast as any ember).

Do you conisder a fast frame like Loki with Rush, running with an ignis on a low level exterminate trolling? I don't - yet he would kill everything before you got there.

Limbo is trolling becuase he is actually preventing you from killing things (not killing them before you can). Same with say a nyx befriending (or nidus linking) the last enemy in a defense wave. Trolling is doing something other than "normal" game play. Someone killing more or faster than you is not trolling. They are doing exactly what the game requires of them.

On 6/1/2017 at 4:14 AM, cheneryx said:

i like to accualy play warframe and not stand around watching paint dry because someone thinks its cool to dominate the board with sound quake leaving nothing to do .

Soundquake is Banshee's weakest Ability as is really only good for low level missions or stun locking enemies. If you have a problem with it? Go into heavier level missions.

image.jpg

This is you in a nutshell. 

"Ember is also pretty annoying with her world on fire. Yes, it doesn't scale well in very lategame, but it's still extremely OP and broken, killing enemies with zero effort while on the move"

Ember can be extremely squishy in high level content op in low level missions anything. Is "op"in   low level missions there ment for newer players so any build is good in low level missions it takes little effort in low level missions in the first place limbo, Ember  and saryn are no different then any other frame they all Wil drop at the high levels I see no sense in nerfing them for performing well in low level missions  as everything can perform well in low level missions

I honestly fail to see how one can feel the urge to nerf a frame like banshee. Perhaps actually playing banshee for a while would make OP feel differently ? Limbo can arguably be a little frustrating if you have him in a random group but a nerf  is uncalled for. There are plenty of other frames that do trolling better than limbo's cata or bashee quake.

And to those who feel that 'nuke' frames are killstealing and ruining their game, perhaps try higher level content and you will find that the damage from many of those frames wears off real fast...

Some players ought to think twice before screaming NERF on these forums. Ash along with a few other frames and weapons are next to useless now. Not to mention the amount of precious time and forma lost after a favorite item gets hammered for no real reason in a PvE Hordeshooter.......

Of course Warframe is team-based! I mean hell they already Nerfed so many warframes to prove that it is valkyr hysteria stays in it forever doesn't need new ones help, Ash Bladestorm can blade storm 4 days doesn't need no one's help, Trinity  bless does not  need  no one's help, you want to use tonkor go ahead kill the boss it also kill you, you want to use your Telus boltus to kill everything no I don't think you'll kill anything with that slide attack.