Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Over-the-Head 3rd Person Camera perspective option please?

I mean, I rather Warframe provide me a 1st person perspective, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

However, I was wondering if we can have an extra camera perspective for "Over-the-Head" -- You know the old mid-2000 3rd person shooter games had this option. Such as SOCOM, Max Payne, and Freedom Fighters. 

I just think it would give the player a better prefieral vision when it comes to checking around corners and dodging around. 

Think about it, when your Warframe dodges around, sometimes their big fat head is covering your crosshair. I have no idea how this over-the-shoulder camera perspective became popular among 3rd person shooters other than to make it feel cinematic. It offers no sort of advantage whatsoever. 

If this over-the-head camera perspective does get put into the game. Give another option to the player if they want to switch to the Over-The-Shoulder perspective when they ADS. 

Thanks

Edited by Matoro1992

Okay, you need to do a little research on the term "Third Person", and how the "Over the Shoulder Camera" works. I'm not going to explain it here, that would take too long.

I don't even think I can begin explaining why this wouldn't work unless you had a grasp on this concept to begin with.

All I can say is, It wouldn't work, it wouldn't be beneficial, and with the type of game Warframe is, would drastically change its pace and gameplay.

19 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ALG Minuscule36 said:

Okay, you need to do a little research on the term "Third Person", and how the "Over the Shoulder Camera" works. I'm not going to explain it here, that would take too long.

I don't even think I can begin explaining why this wouldn't work unless you had a grasp on this concept to begin with.

All I can say is, It wouldn't work, it wouldn't be beneficial, and with the type of game Warframe is, would drastically change its pace and gameplay.

I don't know... Max Payne 1 and Unreal Championship (original Xbox) had an over--the head perspective and they were a action-driven 3rd person game that worked well imo. 

3rd person games that has over the shoulder such as resident evil 4 gave that perspective to make it cinematic. However, Warframe (even though cinematic) is fast paced and maybe the player would want the over-the-head perspective for more field of view.

I'm just saying an extra option for players who want it. 

Edited by Matoro1992

10 minutes ago, Matoro1992 said:

Offering camera views as options isn't exactly an easy task for the developers.  Not really against it or anything but just don't expect it to be a popular idea or to happen anytime within the next year.

3 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Offering camera views as options isn't exactly an easy task for the developers.  Not really against it or anything but just don't expect it to be a popular idea or to happen anytime within the next year.

Oh...I didn't know it would be hard to implement. Well, can't judge DE since I'm not a dev. 

I brought this up, because I just hate fiddling with the left and right "over the shoulder" camera perspectives during combat. 

2 minutes ago, Matoro1992 said:

Oh...I didn't know it would be hard to implement. Well, can't judge DE since I'm not a dev.

Well it took them basically forever to give us new archwing controls, then another age and a day to return the original controls as an option.  Based on that alone I'm guessing it'd be a while before they completely alter an aspect of the game that has been exactly the same for its inception.

Again, it would be interesting to see a new perspective though.  I just sincerely doubt there'd be enough community support to elicit such a change, or that the developers would suddenly decide its a good idea.

I'd suggest sticking with one side or the other and try really hard to get used to it.  Only time I ever switch camera sides is in uranus spy missions where I need to see where to shoot without getting sucked into a turbine.

38 minutes ago, Matoro1992 said:

I don't know... Max Payne 1 and Unreal Championship (original Xbox) had an over--the head perspective and they were a action-driven 3rd person game that worked well imo. 

3rd person games that has over the shoulder such as resident evil 4 gave that perspective to make it cinematic. However, Warframe (even though cinematic) is fast paced and maybe the player would want the over-the-head perspective for more field of view.

Coming from a Max Payne player(story gets me every time), the pace of Warframe is completely different from Max Payne. In Warframe, the enemies swarm you and you're constantly flipping around and casting abilities. The only time you would need to check corners is in Spy missions. Max Payne is tactical and you've gotta plan your executions very precisely. It's also very easy to get kills with that slo-mo cam. You're also not swarmed by enemies. If Warframe did get the 3rd person view you're talking about, it'd be even more difficult to see or kill anything, considering there's a lot of objects in tilesets. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

If Warframe did get the 3rd person view you're talking about, it'd be even more difficult to see or kill anything, considering there's a lot of objects in tilesets. 

I find that hard to visualize, how it would be more difficult to see anything if you have a 180 fov. Another over-the head perspective that had this too was Battlefront 2. You can dodge and jet pack around, very fast paced that kind of requires the over-head perspective. 

I guess I'm the minority here. :/

Edited by Matoro1992

Just now, Matoro1992 said:

I find that hard to visualize, how it would be more difficult to see anything if you have a 180 fov. Another over-the head perspective that had this too was Battlefront 2. You can dodge and jet pack around, very fast paced that kind of requires the over-head perspective. 

Battlefront 2 doesn't have back flips or jumps that put you across rooms. And this is more targeted to abilities that you need to aim with like Exalted Blade or Ripline(although that with Peacemaker sounds amazing).

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring this topic up again. But I'm having issues with the over-the-shoulder camera view. For example when your Warframe shoots strafing mid-air, they cover your crosshair with their big fat head. It blocks my view especially during intense fire fights in PvP and PvE. Is anyone else having that same problem?

• 2 months later...

I want to bring/bump this up again as this bugs me to no end. No one finds it an issue where you're trying to aim something and your character is blocking your target with their head when strafe shooting??? (See pic to see what I mean) This is one of the reasons I think over-the-head view would be beneficial in certain instances like this.

And if Over-the-head view can't be implemented. Can something be adjusted animation or character placement wise when it comes to strafe-shooting?
vlcsnap_2017_10_23_16h54m40s791.png

Edited by Matoro1992

6 hours ago, Matoro1992 said:

I want to bring/bump this up again as this bugs me to no end. No one finds it an issue where you're trying to aim something and your character is blocking your target with their head when strafe shooting??? (See pic to see what I mean) This is one of the reasons I think over-the-head view would be beneficial in certain instances like this.

And if Over-the-head view can't be implemented. Can something be adjusted animation or character placement wise when it comes to strafe-shooting?
vlcsnap_2017_10_23_16h54m40s791.png

Try playing Chroma with his dynasty skin :sadcry:

But I completely agree, the warframe blocking the reticle is a big issue for me as well.