Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(QoL suggestion) People selecting Extract with one second left

I believe this would be the correct forum for this; if not, my bad, I didn't see any other sub-forum that this would be better suited in.

I see quite a few people do this and, while I am usually able to handle stuff alone, or with less people, this is extremely obnoxious; people sitting on Battle just to flip to Extract at the very last second purely to troll. I would recommend implementing some measure to prevent this, which I think would be a simple and elegant solution; if somebody chooses to Battle then within 3 (Maybe 2) seconds of the selection ending they should be locked in to it. This would NOT affect people who have not yet chosen or who have picked Extract. Basically, this would give people a chance to decide (And actually react) whether or not they want to keep going with less people (Possibly solo) or extract.

Granted, there have not been a lot of people doing it, but I have had a few groups the last week where all 3 other people did this at the very last second, leaving me solo. It's very bad form and feel like it should be addressed in some way. I feel like the 3 seconds would be ample time to not only decide but to react if people do this. Not only that but you will still have 12 seconds to decide if you actually want to keep going or leave, which should be enough time to decide.

Thoughts?

19 hours ago, VladdyLulz said:

I believe this would be the correct forum for this; if not, my bad, I didn't see any other sub-forum that this would be better suited in.

I see quite a few people do this and, while I am usually able to handle stuff alone, or with less people, this is extremely obnoxious; people sitting on Battle just to flip to Extract at the very last second purely to troll. I would recommend implementing some measure to prevent this, which I think would be a simple and elegant solution; if somebody chooses to Battle then within 3 (Maybe 2) seconds of the selection ending they should be locked in to it. This would NOT affect people who have not yet chosen or who have picked Extract. Basically, this would give people a chance to decide (And actually react) whether or not they want to keep going with less people (Possibly solo) or extract.

Granted, there have not been a lot of people doing it, but I have had a few groups the last week where all 3 other people did this at the very last second, leaving me solo. It's very bad form and feel like it should be addressed in some way. I feel like the 3 seconds would be ample time to not only decide but to react if people do this. Not only that but you will still have 12 seconds to decide if you actually want to keep going or leave, which should be enough time to decide.

Thoughts?

I agree, this is extremely obnoxious.

I would love to see a change to correct this.

On 05/06/2017 at 11:09 PM, VladdyLulz said:

This wouldn't change anything. If your choice is locked 3 second before timer's end, trolls will extract 3.5 second before timer's end and you won't be able to react.

What you need is an increase in the timer each someone extracts, so you have time to react to this new information. Something like this:

1/ when someone extract while the timer is at 5 seconds or less, the timer is reset to 5 seconds.

2/ it is not possible to click "continue" during the last 5 seconds. This prevents two trolls from preventing the timer to reach 0 by alternatively clicking "extract" and "continue".

Or, the following idea (it sounds more complicated, actually it is exactly the same except easier to understand in-game) : there's a first 15-second timer, like right now. When this timer ends, a second 5-seconds timer starts for people who have chosen "continue"; the only possibility during this second timer is to extract (or "not do anything and keep your former choice). This second timer allows them to see the remaining team, and decide if they actually want to continue with that team. Each time someone clicks on "extract" during this second timer, the timer is reset to 5 seconds. Note: skip the second timer when the whole team decided to stay.

On 06/06/2017 at 7:09 AM, VladdyLulz said:

Thoughts?

No offense, but I always expect the fact that someone might do this - for the record, have not had it happen in over a year now - and I simply accept it.

If the entire team jumps, I'll run it alone. If I fail, so be it. I placed myself in a random situation, I need to be able to accept a random result.

As far as a suggestion for a fix?

If you pick "Extract" it MUST mean you want to extract, and NOT "I'm just trying to see what everyone else will do when I pick this", so if you pick "Extract", you can't see other people's options anymore, and can't change your mind, so you can't select "Continue" anymore. Add to that a reset timer of 5 seconds so that if at ANY time anyone picks "Extract", then the others get an extended timer. All of this stops people resetting timer by clicking "in/out" over and over, and just messing with people.

On 6/5/2017 at 5:09 PM, VladdyLulz said:

Thoughts?

Doesn't solve ANYTHING. It just make trolls pay attention to the timer. They will just jump from "battle" to "exit" just before the timer; hits "3" instead of zero. What is the difference. They move and you are "locked in". What is the difference between being locked in at zero and locked in at 3 seconds?

Edited by Shockwave-