Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Before another "dooms day thread" before there is another "no end game" so this game sucks thread, before another "meta complaint" pops up, please read.

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

I want to start out saying I am not trying to discourage anyone from expressing their constructive opinions. That's what the forums are for and although probably valid concerns, I would like to offer some perspective. 

°Zelda 1986

°Final Fantasy 1987

°Street Fighter 1987

°Metal Gear 1987

°Elder Scrolls 1994

°Devil May Cry 2001

°Warframe 2013 (only 4 years old)

I don't know the average age of your average forum poster, However I do know we live in the age where everything has to happen now.  Please understand, great games take time. Warframe is still vary much in its infancy and is largely a vary good game. The next elder scrolls will take 8 years to develop. So although your constructive opinions are valid, please keep this in mind before u post a "meta complaint" or another "dooms day thread" or another "no end game" topic. 

Thank you for your time. Thoughts are always welcome. 

Edited by (XB1)FCastle74

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

great games take time.

this is true. take a look at Rockstar Games; it takes years and years for them to put out a single release, but when it does, it breaks records, it pushes boundaries, and even the harshest critics can't give it enough praise. Rockstar releases send ripples throughout the gaming industry and even into the non-gaming world: let's face it, even your non-gaming mother or grandma knows what Grand theft Auto is, and they can't look at any other open world game without asking " oh, is that Grand Theft Auto you're playing, dear?"

you can't rush art. I'd rather DE take their time to get things right than release things half-baked.

12 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Ain't going to stop people from posting stupid threads.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

this is true. take a look at Rockstar Games; it takes years and years for them to put out a single release, but when it does, it breaks records, it pushes boundaries, and even the harshest critics can't give it enough praise. Rockstar releases send ripples throughout the gaming industry and even into the non-gaming world: let's face it, even your non-gaming mother or grandma knows what Grand theft Auto is, and they can't look at any other open world game without asking " oh, is that Grand Theft Auto you're playing, dear?"

you can't rush art. I'd rather DE take their time to get things right than release things half-baked.

Barried in off topic. Damitt 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

this is true. take a look at Rockstar Games; it takes years and years for them to put out a single release, but when it does, it breaks records, it pushes boundaries, and even the harshest critics can't give it enough praise. Rockstar releases send ripples throughout the gaming industry and even into the non-gaming world*

*for the most part. While Rockstar had resounding success with the GTA series and RDR, it had some lukewarm [not bad, but not incredibly great either] releases such as L.A Noir, Bully, Manhunter and in my opinion even Max Payne 3. 

As for the OP. One day we`ll have to open our eyes and realize that people will never be happy with anything and no matter the quality of the object in question, there will always be at least one person that complains about something.  Telling people to be patient doesn't solve anything, everyone has a different threshold for such things.

People know that games take a long while to craft, but at the same time, especially in a game like Warframe, having to wait years for new things is not really something that everyone can partake in fully optimism. 

DE have their own fault as well, considering how little content besides guns and cosmetics we got lately. 

Edited by aligatorno

4 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

*for the most part. While Rockstar had resounding success with the GTA series and RDR, it had some lukewarm [not bad, but not incredibly great either] releases such as L.A Noir, Bully, Manhunter and in my opinion even Max Payne 3. 

true. I think we can attribute that to "Flagship Syndrome" though, meaning it's not what Rockstar are best known for, so people were sceptical about it. you can guarantee that if Rockstar only made GTA and Red Dead games, every release would be a hit.

Great games take time.

But they also take great direction, great dedication, great management, etc; Just because you give someone time doesn't mean they would know what to do with the time.

If you give Peter Molyneux fifty years to develop his perfect Fable game doesn't mean that game would be any good. I  could point to Duke Nukem and tell you that I took 12 years to develop a Mediocre game.

Yet, you could give some college students a year to make a game, and they could probably make some sort of cult classic.

You show me a list of games that have sequels that range from being good to being really bad. Those sequels could have fallen to the traps of mismanagement or poor direction, like how the latest Street Fighter has cause an uproar in the community due to the sort of dumbing down of its mechanics.

If you say Warframe is at its infancy stage of game development, then that is the vital time for Warframe to get guidance.If you just let an infant roam around without any help, then that infant might get an injury. If you don't teach an infant what is right from what is wrong, then this infant might grow up to make all the wrong decisions.

On 11.6.2017 at 0:19 AM, (Xbox One)FCastle74 said:

°Warframe 2013 (only 4 years old)

I don't know the average age of your average forum poster, However I do know we live in the age where everything has to happen now.  Please understand, great games take time. Warframe is still vary much in its infancy and is largely a vary good game. The next elder scrolls will take 8 years to develop.

Warframe is 4 years old since it went live and players could play it. You forgot about all the development time before it went live. That's development time as well. And that time is more important than the time when it is live already, cause then you have to polish things up and make additions to the game. Before you should have an idea how the game should be and what things you want in your game and what not (Basics). For Warframe those basics would be:

• Warframes as playable characters
  • Weapons (Primary, Secondary, Melee)
  • Sci Fi environment
  • Modding
  • Customizations
  • Playing with other players
  • Getting Loot

So no Warframe is not just 4 years old, the game is much older than that.

I feel like it was repeated year after year, despite nothing really improving. Here's a problem, the game is 4 years old, but I can't say that it significantly improved in those 4 years. More content? Sure. More varied boss fights and more enemies? Sure. Better game overall? No, not really. In fact, in some areas like balance, the game has become worse than it used to be 4 years ago. And we don't have concrete evidence that they are actually working on those issues.