Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tips?

(PSN)headlessBuni

Question

• I'm just curious to see if there may be a easier way to farm void traces. Like is there a certain type of mission that is better for void traces or should I just run a few with a booster on? I constantly need to crack relics that are somewhat useful just so I can make the one I want radiant.

• Just finish building Nekros Prime. I played with Nekros before but did a really really basic build like just to survive and rank him up. Any tips on building him up?

19 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, (PS4)headlessBunneh said:

is there a certain type of mission that is better for void traces

The min / max amount is always the same, plus RNG gonna RNG.

FWIW, Capture or (Lith / Meso, at least) Exterminate is generally pretty fast.

Although, endless Fissures do reward a refined bonus Relic at 25 Waves / 5 Rounds etc.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)headlessBunneh said:

Just finish building Nekros Prime. I played with Nekros before but did a really really basic build like just to survive and rank him up. Any tips on building him up?

Despoil + Equilibrium = infinite Energy :D

Shield Of Shadows and / or Health Conversion (also Vitality / Primed Vigor) helps you stay alive

Stretch I find is nice for Despoil / SOS links (also Creeping Terrify CC, lol triple Augment build)

Power Strength helps with SOS (and Terrify) but isn't something I personally like to over-indulge in
(Creeping Terrify FTW, lets me deal with heavies better than face-tanking)

Duration affects how fast your Shadows melt and thus how often you need to recast them,
so Primed Continuity at the very least is a good idea

Zenurik Focus can be a big help in keeping up your Shadows during a "downtime" when no Health Orbs are around

Edited by NinjaZeku

You don't have to use a relic, if you don't want to.
You still get the traces from a fissure-mission, even if no relic is equip.(You just have to collect the 10 reactant) If you use a relic, you get one bonus-traces for each ally picking the item from your relic. But 3 traces aren't worth the relic...

Edited by WhiteMarker

Void trace drops are completely random, only giving a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 43 (if all 3 teammates also choose your reward). However, you do not need to have a relic equipped in order to get traces, but if you're running with other people, it's recommended just in case they get a random Rare part from an intact relic. The best way to farm traces is by running missions that you can do really quickly. I've found that Exterminate can be really good if you have an Ember or Equinox since they can usually do it in 3 minutes.

Tank Nekros usually requires 4 mods: Health Conversion, R9 or R10 Equilibrium, Despoil, and Shield of Shadows. After those 4, you'll have Vitality and Primed Continuity. Your last 2 slots can either be Primed Flow, Stretch, or Intensify. Exilus Slot can be anything, really; Cunning Drift, Power Drift, Enemy Sense, etc.

Alternatively, Tank Nekros can be done by maximizing the benefits of Shield of Shadows, which will give 90% Damage Reduction at 214% Power Strength. This can be done with a maxed Blind Rage and a Power Drift.

The best way to farm traces, as far as my personal experience goes, is to run either shorter fissure missions (exterminate, capture) or endless fissure missions (Survival, Defense, Interception) in public, and equipping either relics you have a large amount of, relics you don't want, or relics that have a common part you want.

26 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

The min / max amount is always the same, plus RNG gonna RNG.

FWIW, Capture or (Lith / Meso, at least) Exterminate is generally pretty fast.

Although, endless Fissures do reward a refined bonus Relic at 25 Waves / 5 Rounds etc.

Despoil + Equilibrium = infinite Energy :D

Shield Of Shadows and / or Health Conversion (also Vitality / Primed Vigor) helps you stay alive

Stretch I find is nice for Despoil / SOS links (also Creeping Terrify CC, lol triple Augment build)

Power Strength helps with SOS (and Terrify) but isn't something I personally like to over-indulge in
(Creeping Terrify FTW, lets me deal with heavies better than face-tanking)

Duration affects how fast your Shadows melt and thus how often you need to recast them,
so Primed Continuity at the very least is a good idea

Zenurik Focus can be a big help in keeping up your Shadows during a "downtime" when no Health Orbs are around

Ah, so void trace farming is tedious no matter what haha. Thanks.

I'll try my build of Nekro Prime with these tips in mind. I'm trying to get better with my frame builds. This helps a bunch :)

Thanks

40 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

You don't have to use a relic, if you don't want to.
You still get the traces from a fissure-mission, even if no relic is equip.(You just have to collect the 10 reactant) If you use a relic, you get one bonus-traces for each ally picking the item from your relic. But 3 traces aren't worth the relic...

I actually didn't know that I didn't have to have a relic to collect them! > n < That's knowledge I wish I had before I use some of my Meso relics lol

Thank you! :)

37 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

Void trace drops are completely random, only giving a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 43 (if all 3 teammates also choose your reward). However, you do not need to have a relic equipped in order to get traces, but if you're running with other people, it's recommended just in case they get a random Rare part from an intact relic. The best way to farm traces is by running missions that you can do really quickly. I've found that Exterminate can be really good if you have an Ember or Equinox since they can usually do it in 3 minutes.

Tank Nekros usually requires 4 mods: Health Conversion, R9 or R10 Equilibrium, Despoil, and Shield of Shadows. After those 4, you'll have Vitality and Primed Continuity. Your last 2 slots can either be Primed Flow, Stretch, or Intensify. Exilus Slot can be anything, really; Cunning Drift, Power Drift, Enemy Sense, etc.

Alternatively, Tank Nekros can be done by maximizing the benefits of Shield of Shadows, which will give 90% Damage Reduction at 214% Power Strength. This can be done with a maxed Blind Rage and a Power Drift.

Yeah, I got the no relic thing lol I learned something new today. Thanks :)

Also, a Tank Nekros sounds fun. I'll have to look and see what mods I have. I'm pretty sure I have all the mods you've mentioned. If I don't have certain ones though, are there some that can be substituted?

16 minutes ago, (Xbox One)NoSkinsNoSkills said:

The best way to farm traces, as far as my personal experience goes, is to run either shorter fissure missions (exterminate, capture) or endless fissure missions (Survival, Defense, Interception) in public, and equipping either relics you have a large amount of, relics you don't want, or relics that have a common part you want.

Thanks. When I run through missions today, I'll be sure to try the shorter missions a bit more.  

3 minutes ago, (PS4)headlessBunneh said:

Yeah, I got the no relic thing lol I learned something new today. Thanks :)

Also, a Tank Nekros sounds fun. I'll have to look and see what mods I have. I'm pretty sure I have all the mods you've mentioned. If I don't have certain ones though, are there some that can be substituted?

A Tank Nekros pretty much needs the 4 mods I mentioned at the start, but if you don't have Health Conversion, you're probably better off doing a CC Nekros with Creeping Terrify. A Creeping Terrify build is fairly low maintenance, the only problem with it is that Terrify has a really low base range, but it's good CC and has a decent Armor debuff.

If you don't have Primed Continuity or Flow, then the regular versions of these mods are fine, you'll probably just have a harder time sustaining your energy unless you have the Zenurik Passive.

3 minutes ago, Xionyde134 said:

A Tank Nekros pretty much needs the 4 mods I mentioned at the start, but if you don't have Health Conversion, you're probably better off doing a CC Nekros with Creeping Terrify. A Creeping Terrify build is fairly low maintenance, the only problem with it is that Terrify has a really low base range, but it's good CC and has a decent Armor debuff.

If you don't have Primed Continuity or Flow, then the regular versions of these mods are fine, you'll probably just have a harder time sustaining your energy unless you have the Zenurik Passive.

Okay. I see, I'll check my mod list when I get on my game later on. Thanks :)

29 minutes ago, (PS4)headlessBunneh said:

I actually didn't know that I didn't have to have a relic to collect them!

Yep that's a thing you can do, however, doing so outside of Solo play
not only means, as @Xionyde134 mentioned, missing out on possible Prime goodness,
it's also (at least IMO) bad form to deprive the other players of a fourth reward choice.

If you're low on cabbages Relics, try (4 Round) Interceptions, you'll be swimming in the things in no time.

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Yep that's a thing you can do, however, doing so outside of Solo play
not only means, as @Xionyde134 mentioned, missing out on possible Prime goodness,
it's also (at least IMO) bad form to deprive the other players of a fourth reward choice.

If you're low on cabbages Relics, try (4 Round) Interceptions, you'll be swimming in the things in no time.

Oh! Sweet, okay. I need mostly Mesos now so I'll be doing that.

I got a nice to-do list when I get on. awesome.

Farming traces is not hard, but a nuisance.

Either do quick missions without relics, or plan single long endless mission. Each relic opened give 25% boost to affinity, drop chance, drop amount respectively. Each 4 relics give one upgraded relic in addition to other bonuses, and it can be used right away.

In both cases always bring Smeeta Kavat with you. Smeeta gives random buffs, one of them is 120s of doubled drop and affinity. If you collect at least one reactant in that time window, amount of traces rewarded by 10th reactant will be doubled.

Edited by RobWasHere

I stopped bothering with void traces completely. Most of the time my RNG is so bad that I get better drops from intact relics than radiant ones. I just enhance a few when I feel like it. Most of the time void traces gets collected passively.

19 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Farming traces is not hard, but a nuisance.

Either do quick missions without relics, or plan single long endless mission. Each relic opened give 25% boost to affinity, drop chance, drop amount respectively. Each 4 relics give one upgraded relic in addition to other bonuses, and it can be used right away.

In both cases always bring Smeeta Kavat with you. Smeeta gives random buffs, one of them is 120s of doubled drop and affinity. If you collect at least one reactant in that time window, amount of traces rewarded by 10th reactant will be doubled.

I'm actually working on getting a Smeeta Kavat. So I'll keep that in mind while I'm leveling it up. Thanks for that tip.

11 hours ago, Kusungphak said:

I stopped bothering with void traces completely. Most of the time my RNG is so bad that I get better drops from intact relics than radiant ones. I just enhance a few when I feel like it. Most of the time void traces gets collected passively.

Yeah, I tried that yesterday and I kept getting random players with me saying that wanted to go for a while in survival or defense to collect traces like that then would only stay like 10minutes or waves. I took one or two intact relics with me and got rarer items then my radiant relics. I literally gave up haha.

On 6/12/2017 at 8:13 AM, (PS4)headlessBunneh said:

I'm just curious to see if there may be a easier way to farm void traces. Like is there a certain type of mission that is better for void traces or should I just run a few with a booster on? I constantly need to crack relics that are somewhat useful just so I can make the one I want radiant.

Any endless fissure mission is good for trace farming. You don't have to equip a relic at all. Just make sure you collect 10 reactant each rotation. Naturally, using a booster would double the amount you get.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/89351987400324892/2D719792E22C3B7D7ED87F17C8828E63CF9E1C68/

get growing power and energy conversion proc use your ulti. as long as you keep desecrating and picking up health orb to get 450 armor, {health conversion} you are pretty much immortal

Edited by Fulgie
I have hidden messages, not blank comments.