Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to fix Raids, namely LOR

MartianGHunter

Hi there, Martian here, bringing you another Raid discussion. This time how to fix Raids namely LOR and Nightmare.

TL; DR: This is my opinion and up for discussion but let’s all respect each other hey, if I show you respect, I expect the same from you.

Now on to the topic at hand!

Issues

My issues with LOR are quality of life rather than the Raid itself. It is quite clear, this Raid was designed with old Warframe tactical shooter in mind: meaning designed to have few enemies that are difficult as you go through the puzzle but this is no longer the case. The mob density is too high for the style of puzzle that are in LOR and I want to go through my view of how the devs can fix or tweak it to make it more PUG friendly but keep difficulty the same.

Stage 1 fixes

The puzzle in stage is really good for a raid. It’s clever and requires you to think and pre – plan but its execution is the main issue. These are the fixes:

1.    The first issue is that charging mechanic of the bomb – this is really clever use energy to charge the bomb which weakens your ability to use your powers but the fact that you auto drop the bomb doesn’t really incentivise teamwork but rather bringing meta frames and spamming certain abilities. The fix is very simple when first player uses all their energy to fill let’s say 25% of the bomb armed then you won’t auto drop the bomb but it stops arming.  You can’t receive energy whether from EV or pizzas but you have to move it on to the next player who arms it to next level and after 4 players have carried the bomb it becomes fully armed. This actually makes sense and incentives players to communicate.

2.    Second issue spawn rates – Now this isn’t really an issue of number but type of units and how they interact with you. The stage should be step one and at this stage Vay Hek doesn’t see you as a threat but rather as a pest. My fix is that it should mostly be cannon fodder enemies that can be dispatched with easy showing that this stage 1 it’s tricky but not really a challenge.

This covers quality of life changes to stage 1 let me know what you think.

Stage 2 issues

This where my main gripes with this Raid are. Most the Raid is well designed but this stage has too many issues which has forced the community to have to cheese the living crap out of the Raid. It’s absolutely ridiculous how much CC happens at this stage of the Raid so this how I would go about fixing it and making it so that the Raid is more accessible frame wise without the need to cheese the living daylights out of it. These are the issues and the fixes:

1.    Issues one the button mechanic – Now I understand the devs original idea it makes sense heck it’s absolutely brilliant but in reality in modern Warframe this has probably has to be the laziest attempt at artificial difficulty because once you stand on the right button the number harpoon ladies that spawn and grapple you off the pads is ridiculous and outright lazy Raid design. It’s like saying let’s make Raid difficult by making it frustrating not because you got puzzle wrong but you got grappled from across the room (over exaggeration but you get my point). My fix once you stand on the right pad you locked in place (nothing can pull you off and your movement is restricted to 360 degree rotation), you will removed and instantly downed if your teammate stands on wrong pad in sequence. The difficulty now gets added in this way once on a pad all your Warframe powers are disabled so you rotate and shoot down enemies but you can’t spam your abilities as well you are now unable to receive energy in any form whilst you’re on the pad but whilst you’re on the pad you take reduced damage so as to prevent one shots from bombards and the likes. This incentives hacking and going on the pads quickly as possible without necessarily the ability to cheese the room.

2.    Enemy spawn rates – at this stage we still a lot of cannon fodder but now Vay Hek realises what a threat you are so a few heavy gunners and bombards and Napalms are added into the mix.  

3.    The hijack portion of this stage works well enough no issues here other than better indication of when the payload has passed the point at which the pad you’re standing on affects the rails. Otherwise good Raid design for this portion.

This covers quality of life for stage 2 let me know what you think.

Now stage 3 is actually a well done final boss stage requiring you to use Raptor mechanic to weaken Vay Hek before you take him down as well as standing on pads to open up the doors to the furnaces. Its brilliant in my opinion. The thing I would change is that now we on final showdown Vay Hek is on edge of defeat he needs all his heavy hitters so no more cannon fodder units at this stage only heavy units but not like 30 heavy gunners and bombards at a time obviously but a good mix of 10 or so at a time in final attempt to stop us from assassinating there leader.

So these are my opinions of how to fix LOR let me know what you think.

And FYI: I have played Raids but I have university student so I do not have time to play Raids every day and due to issues I have addressed playing with PUGs without discord is a nightmare. So I have mentioned this fixes so as to make it PUG friendly but not take away the difficulty of the Raid thank you for you time.  

Edited by MartianGHunter
Spelling lol

7 minutes ago, MartianGHunter said:

The first issue is that charging mechanic of the bomb – this is really clever use energy to charge the bomb which weakens your ability to use your powers but the fact that you auto drop the bomb doesn’t really incentivise teamwork but rather bringing meta frames and spamming certain abilities.

Yeah, I always found it amusing they they conceived this rather ingenious mechanic that involves using our own energy to charge the bomb yet its easily bypassed using EV Trin or pizzas to avoid actually using said mechanic, yet this is where 90% of newbie raids fail.  Don't Run, Don't Jump, Don't Use Powers, for like 10 seconds.  Oops, lost the battery.  Start Over.

3 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Yeah, I always found it amusing they they conceived this rather ingenious mechanic that involves using our own energy to charge the bomb yet its easily bypassed using EV Trin or pizzas to avoid actually using said mechanic, yet this is where 90% of newbie raids fail.  Don't Run, Don't Jump, Don't Use Powers, for like 10 seconds.  Oops, lost the battery.  Start Over.

This man gets it.

When I first played Raid back when I started on PS4 we failed on comms because we kept dropping the bomb cause we didn't cheese it and bring EV. 

19 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Don't Run, Don't Jump, Don't Use Powers, for like 10 seconds.  Oops, lost the battery.  Start Over.

Oh man... My first LoR was a Nightmare one, a dare between us alliance mates when they knew I didn't have LoR experience then. This is practically what happened.

1 hour ago, MartianGHunter said:

the number harpoon ladies that spawn and grapple you off the pads is ridiculous and outright lazy Raid design.

Equip your melee and block.

I've never seen many Scorpions spawn when I've done LoR. What's always spawning, for us, are Bombards and Napalms.

37 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Equip your melee and block.

I've never seen many Scorpions spawn when I've done LoR. What's always spawning, for us, are Bombards and Napalms.

I know when I played LOR I did do that it's a tactic you can use I know not my first rodeo but I am lookin to fix the whole raid experience for all people of all levels of experience whether it's first time raiders or veterans. 

Would actually like feedback on my suggestions whether they are good or bad and if they are bad why and how you would fix the raid from your experience with it. 

Hope not coming off as being rude