Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good solo warframes 2017

(XBOX)Dale Gribble VI

Question

For normal stuff up to level 50 or so, just use Ember and World on Fire.

Otherwise it's invisible frame (Loki or Ivara or Ash, Octavia if you like teabagging constantly), or something with damage avoidance.  Rhino, Inaros or Chroma are the traditional tanks, Nezha has an ability similar to Iron Skin, Wukong is basically immortal, Zephyr can negate bullets, Mesa is 95% as good as Zephyr but also packs a huge offensive punch.  There are a lot of "tanky" frames and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone.

Dia dhuit,

I don't know why people always recommend cheese frames, saying to "just spam ability XY for desired effect", because they're literally just for that purpose... it gets old quite fast and it doesn't allow for much personalization.

As I think that what I have to say now is generally applicable to the game (no matter the platform), let me tell you some things about 4 of the frames I've used so far and how good they hold up, up to level 50-60 in solo (<--- mainly solo player here), as a contrast to the regularly recommended cheese frames and their often sole purpose of spamming mostly one single ability.

Inaros:
Inaros is great for when you don't want to worry about health all that much. At level 30 and with a not even maxed Vitality mod + Vigor, you get almost 5000 health points. His amor value modded with Armored Agility and Steel Fiber boosts it quite a bit as well. Now, he is good for survival, extermination and capture, but not so much for (mobile) defense, spy and interception, because he lacks the typical spammable CC ability. Apart from his sandstorm ability, he doesn't offer anything for crowd control. He's basically your typical tank that just doesn't give two potatoes on who he's up against. His first ability opens up enemies to finishers, which replenish your health by a certain percentage, which is quite handy as well. He is very good in terms of survivability.

Limbo:
Now here's the solo frame par excellence. Not only can you blast a rift bubble damaging every enemy in it on cast and on end (+ every second while they're inside of it), regenerating your energy points (pair it with Energy Syphon for basically unlimited energy), preventing damage to you and objectives from outside of it, but you can also effectively turn invincible whenever you want, by simply dodging into the rift. There is no time limit as to how long you can stay in the rift either, so that means, that you can jump into the rift and pick single enemies to the rift, and kill them one by one, should you ever feel outnumbered or getting pestered by faction kill squads.

I have an absolute blast playing with Limbo, because you can either put himself and allies out of harms way or banish enemies who will then be unable to do any damage to you or anything else. Limbo is kind of tricky to get, lots of flying around with the archwing, but he's definitely worth the hassle. I can only recommend to at least try him :)

Valkyr:
I know what you're thinking: "Valkyr?!" - well, yes. If modding her health and armor to the highest possible value and then applying Streamline, Continuity and Intensify to the mix, you have yourself a similiar setup to Inaros. Her health is far from even getting close to Inaros', but she makes up for it with an insane amount of armor (mine's over 1200 already, and I'm not even done :P ) and with a set of abilities that'll make your enemies cry in fear. First off: Forget about Ripline and Paralyze, they're both pretty much useless, when you're up in higher tiers. Her Warcry though, is basically a buff that'll make you super fast and increases your amor by 92% (with mods) ON TOP of the already over 1200 you can have, if you mod her like me. Combined with a fast and hard hitting melee weapon, you'll shred through the enemy like a laser slurps through steel.

I strongly recommend getting the "Eternal War" mod for her, as this will increase the Warcry effect for 2 seconds for each melee kill. In higher tier survival missions, this is possibly the most important thing to have, when running Valkyr, as you'll basically never run out of the buff. Pair that with Hysteria and start painting the walls red with the gibs of the enemy.

So now, Hysteria. Hysteria is what she's basically known for, making you invincible for as long as it lasts and regenerating you health for each enemy killed while Hysteria is active. A very small downside to Hysteria is, that you'll receive 30% of the total damage you have received during Hysteria. If you're fast enough though, and have killed enough enemies to nullify this effect (which is not really hard), you'll have no downsides at all.

Frost:
No matter what you're looking for, Frost has it all. I'd actually call him a jack of all trades, to be honest. 3 of his abilities are pure crowd control and have an area of effect. Need to secure a (mobile) defense objective? Snow globe is your friend. It'll slow down incoming enemies and blocks projectiles. Use the ability multiple times on the same spot to "stack" the globe, which will make it even more resistant to incoming damage. Getting rushed by a horde of enemies? Ice wave will shred them, sometimes even freeze them. Getting surrounded? Avalanche is your go-to ability. It'll immediately stall every enemy's movement and deal a sufficient amount of damage shortly after.

While most of his abilities rather work as a "stop the enemy" than "kill the enemy" on higher levels (lvl 35+), and you're left with some killing to do after casting them, he's still pretty much a very good allround-frame. My Frost currently has a little over 700 health and a little over 1000 shields.

So, all in all, equipped with the right weapons, all of the above described frames can be untouchable (Blast Proc Sonicor FTW :D )

NOTE:

Here just a simple note as to what a lot of people recommend to you: No matter what you'll ask, you'll be told that frame A can to ability XY better than the frame you currently have. So basically, you'll get recommended a different frame for whatever purpose you've set your mind on. Mostly, it'll be Loki, Nova, Banshee and so on, who are mostly used for a single purpose (Loki exclusively for invisibility, for example).

Read some of the more thorough recommendations and try it out for yourself. Don't let anyone force their cheese-gameplay on you, because it can ruin the fun quite fast.

Remember to have fun! :)

Edited by Ferah_Frithu

Survival:   Ivara, Octavia, Ash, Chroma, Nidus, Inaros, Nekros, Mesa, Wukong, Oberon, Trinity, Rhino

Defense:   Nyx, Oberon, Frost, Nidus, Limbo (When no Nullies), Nova

Excavation:   Nova, Nyx, Frost

Spy/Sab:   Loki

Exterminate:   Mirage, Rhino, Chroma, Mesa, Ember

Interception:   Nyx, Rhino

Edited by Xzorn

On 6/16/2017 at 0:47 PM, (Xbox One)SovietRegicide said:

Hey everyone i need some help choosing a frame for solo play i haven't played warframe in a long time. Not at all on console. I've seen a few threads like this but they're all old and outdated.

Any frame with the Naramon focus school. Nidus, Inaros and obviously Ivara.

I have mostly went solo in this game for almost two years.  Yes, you can solo with almost any frame.  There are a few that excel at it.  Ivara is probably the best out of those for solo play.  Even without using Prowl, her kit facilitates solo play.  Dashwire, Noise Arrow, Sleep, Cloak Arrow, Navigator, and high powered Artemis Bow for bosses, etc.  No other frame allows you to control the battlefield like this.  If you have patience, then you won't even need to use Prowl depending on the mission.

Ferah_Frithu above tried to recommend "non-cheese" frames but still gave frames that still have to spam abilities "cheese as some call it".  His end note did offer some good advice.

There's a reason Ivara is in the top solo frames list.  :D

Edited by DatDarkOne
added sentence

Ok, I am basically a brand new player. I also play on PC, not Xbox, so results may vary. But for me, I have found that, as a new player, Rhino has been the best for solo play, especially with the energy regeneration aura mod I have equipped. I use the skin ability, and can handle almost all trouble without ever drawing a single point of damage.

Frost, on the other hand, is best for any kind of defense mission I have found.

My most used frame for solo missions is Loki:

1. He moves fast and can stay invisible for a long time which grants melee weapons 8x damage.  With the right weapon build stealth melee can even kill sortie level enemies.

2. His decoy and/or irradiating disarm augment are also very useful for keeping the enemies away from defense or mobile defense targets.

3. Loki is also my go to frame for solo spy missions because of his ability to teleport through laser sensors.

4. Loki is also great for solo assassination missions since the bosses can't hurt Loki if they can't see him.  Loki can even use the bosses' minions to fight the boss for him using Irradiating Disarm.

5. I also use him for Kuva missions (regular or flood) as the enemies and Kuva Guardians really just ignore him.

6. I also use Loki for Syndicate and Focus XP farming.  It is easy to get stealth kills with Loki.  Stealth kills can give as much as 10x more XP than regular kills.

While his health and armor are really low, enemies usually can't hit him when he stays invisible for a long time.  With Energy Siphon (or Zenurik Focus), it is possible to mod Loki to stay invisible "permanently" -- that you will always have enough energy regained to recast invisibility over and over again.

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

I mostly play solo, and would recommend Loki, Ivara, Nezha, Inaros, Nidus, or Mesa, but they are all very different and it depends on what playstyle you prefer. I've also heard that Limbo is even better for solo after his rework than he was before, but for some reason I can't wrap my head around how he plays now so I can only say what I've heard.

If I absolutely had to recommend only one, I'd probably say Ivara, but only if you are using her Infiltrate augment.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

My most used frame for solo missions is Loki:

1. He moves fast and can stay invisible for a long time which grants melee weapons 8x damage.  With the right weapon build stealth melee can even kill sortie level enemies.

2. His decoy and/or irradiating disarm augment are also very useful for keeping the enemies away from defense or mobile defense targets.

3. Loki is also my go to frame for solo spy missions because of his ability to teleport through laser sensors.

4. Loki is also great for solo assassination missions since the bosses can't hurt Loki if they can't see him.  Loki can even use the bosses' minions to fight the boss for him using Irradiating Disarm.

5. I also use him for Kuva missions (regular or flood) as the enemies and Kuva Guardians really just ignore him.

6. I also use Loki for Syndicate and Focus XP farming.  It is easy to get stealth kills with Loki.  Stealth kills can give as much as 10x more XP than regular kills.

While his health and armor are really low, enemies usually can't hit him when he stays invisible for a long time.  With Energy Siphon (or Zenurik Focus), it is possible to mod Loki to stay invisible "permanently" -- that you will always have enough energy regained to recast invisibility over and over again.

You can also get Ash's smokescreen up to ~20 seconds (I currently have it at 18.7 seconds).  I have become more loyal to him over Loki for that reason - plus, I like his offensive capabilities better for my solo play.

Edited by Lanieu

1 hour ago, Lanieu said:

You can also get Ash's smokescreen up to ~20 seconds (I currently have it at 18.7 seconds).  I have become more loyal to him over Loki for that reason - plus, I like his offensive capabilities better for my solo play.

Ash is my second most used solo warframe.  His Seeking Shuriken can strip armor, his Fatal Teleport can one-hit kill most high-level enemies and his Smoke Shadow augment can keep Rescue targets as well as sortie defense targets away from harm (by staying invisible).

The reasons why I use Loki more than Ash are probably due to his Teleport ability (for spy missions) and Irradiating Disarm ability for crowd control that can handle even high-level enemies.

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Feox_PH said:

Ash is my second most used solo warframe.  His Seeking Shuriken can strip armor, his Fatal Teleport can one-hit kill most high-level enemies and his Smoke Shadow augment can keep Rescue targets as well as sortie defense targets away from harm (by staying invisible).

The reasons why I use Loki more than Ash are probably due to his Teleport ability (for spy missions) and Irradiating Disarm ability for crowd control that can handle even high-level enemies.

Yep, both capable for such play - just depends on personal preference and/or situation.

On 6/17/2017 at 7:28 PM, Ferah_Frithu said:

...you can jump into the rift and pick single enemies to the rift, and kill them one by one, should you ever feel outnumbered or getting pestered by faction kill squads.

Just a nit to pick here...

This is no longer true after the Limbo rework.  While in the rift, you cannot banish enemies (or anyone) into the rift.  In order to send anyone to the rift, Limbo must be in the material plane.  So, you can't bring enemies safely to your plane, you can only send them to the opposite plane.  Additionally, banish is now an AoE, so aiming at that one enemy you want to banish might result in getting more than you bargained for.

It's much better to use Stasis first, then Cataclysm for bringing enemies to the rift.  That can be done from the rift plane and keeps them from being able to harm you, since they will be frozen in place.