Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros sand shadows

Fallen_Echo

Eh, making duration scale with Duration, how boring :P

Just because, why not try something different?
Give Sand Shadows a minimum duration ... say, 10 seconds,
then add a duration equal to the level of your Devour victim, that might scale nicely :D

Either way, I'd definitely like this part of Inaros' kit to be more than a largely ignored gimmick,
so any improvement is welcome in my book.

Speaking of, if Devour could deal a teensy tiny bit of % damage
so you wouldn't nibble for hours on level 100+ enemies, that'd be swell.

14 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Eh, making duration scale with Duration, how boring :P

Just because, why not try something different?
Give Sand Shadows a minimum duration ... say, 10 seconds,
then add a duration equal to the level of your Devour victim, that might scale nicely :D

Either way, I'd definitely like this part of Inaros' kit to be more than a largely ignored gimmick,
so any improvement is welcome in my book.

Speaking of, if Devour could deal a teensy tiny bit of % damage
so you wouldn't nibble for hours on level 100+ enemies, that'd be swell.

That sounds good too, duration scaling with level and lets say 1% max health damage scaling?

I wouldn't mind a minimum duration being added but they do technically scale in duration based off how long they take to turn into a sand shadow. 

Although I will say I haven't really had an issue with the current mechanic unlike the fact that sarcophagus is completely pointless at higher levels...

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

I wouldn't mind a minimum duration being added but they do technically scale in duration based off how long they take to turn into a sand shadow. 

Although I will say I haven't really had an issue with the current mechanic unlike the fact that sarcophagus is completely pointless at higher levels...

In high levels when it actually takes time to absorb someone, but on those high levels i dont want to stand still and wait for them to murder me because i decided to suck the life out of a random grunt.

Sacrophagagus could use an augement or something what lets us deal scaling damage, i wouldnt mind if when we die we would be turned into immortal sand ghosts dealing -75% damage.

3 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

In high levels when it actually takes time to absorb someone, but on those high levels i dont want to stand still and wait for them to murder me because i decided to suck the life out of a random grunt.

Sacrophagagus could use an augement or something what lets us deal scaling damage, i wouldnt mind if when we die we would be turned into immortal sand ghosts dealing -75% damage.

you're immune to damage when turning them into a sand shadow (and allies when using it for health)... or at least I was last time I did it

Edited by LSG501

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

you're immune to damage when turning them into a sand shadow (and allies when using it for health)... or at least I was last time I did it

Till you finish it, then you are placed in a 1,5-2sec animation where they murder you. I tried it many times in sorties, if just one mob wanders close to you they stay there and when the skill finishes they will attack you.

4 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Till you finish it, then you are placed in a 1,5-2sec animation where they murder you. I tried it many times in sorties, if just one mob wanders close to you they stay there and when the skill finishes they will attack you.

then you have a seriously poor build of inaros.... if you can't take the hits for the short animation at the end then you need to look at your build because I can literally stand around for a LOT longer (ie during reviving another player) taking damage without any issues in inaros on sorties...

Edited by LSG501

22 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Im poting here my request to make the sand shadows duration based and make them scale with power duration.

Having a shadow what is active for 3 second is nothing what one could call useful, might aswell remove it.

Actually i suggest a "Nekros shadows treatment" would be perfect

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

then you have a seriously poor build of inaros.... if you can't take the hits for the short animation at the end then you need to look at your build because I can literally stand around for a LOT longer (ie during reviving another player) taking damage without any issues in inaros on sorties...

The problem is not with the build, but with the enemy. Thanks to the hivemind programming i have seen it plenty times that they literally swarm at me when i absorb health from a sturdier mob. The infested is not a problem, the grineer can deal some damage, the corpus just murders you.

57 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

The problem is not with the build, but with the enemy. Thanks to the hivemind programming i have seen it plenty times that they literally swarm at me when i absorb health from a sturdier mob. The infested is not a problem, the grineer can deal some damage, the corpus just murders you.

I've never had an issue.....admittedly the corpus tech with the broken supra can be a small pain (the scarab armour augment helps) just kill it before finishing making the sand shadow

On 6/18/2017 at 10:11 AM, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Actually i suggest a "Nekros shadows treatment" would be perfect

Meaning health decay? Because that would be awful. Health decay is essentially the same as duration, but it gets worse as the counter counts down closer to zero, so it ends up being an objectively worse version of duration. 

I think just letting Sand Shadows come out of enemies killed while under the effects of Devour, while having longer, scaling duration would make the ability worthwhile in of itself.