The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Duels are underrated

firephoenixearl

Ok, so as a veteran of dueling I can say for a fact that Melee Only Dojo Duels are way too underrated. Melee Only Dojo Duel is probably 1 of the best branches of warframe (yes even better than pve or conclave). It;s the way to test ur skill and enjoy yourself. I intend to prove why so with the next points.

1. It is the best way to pvp in warframe (and as life has proven time and time again, pvp far surpasses pve in terms of enjoyment). It beats conclave because in conclave u basicaly can't do ANYTHING AT ALL, u have only 1 nikana prime, only 1 scindo prime, only 1 galatine prime, only 1 okina etc, u can't rly mod them in anyway to change their playstyle, while in Dojo Duels personaly I have around 9 different builds just for Dragon Nikana, that is why dueling beats conclave (not the only reason but the most important one imo)

2. It is the gamemode that requires the most skill to play, don't even try to argue against that one, it doesn't matter what u try to throw against it that IS true.

And while i know a lot of u are gonna be like "Duels are lame, they are just 1 hit kill" "They are no skill at all, just spam melee", those are the sentences i hear most of the time, and both of them are wrong. In duels the only ppl that can be 1 hitted are newcomers (to dueling not warframe), they get 1 hitted by mid tier duels and above mostly, don't blame duels cus u can't make a build outside of ability play and about the spam stuff....yeah....combo spam is 1 of the worst strategies in there, u can try it against me if u don't belive me.

So yeah all in all duels need more people to look at them, they have insane potential but they have just been forgotten.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Ubern00ber88 said:

My problem with dojo duels is not only how the hosting is handled with it now but the fact that shield/health mods are applied in a wonky fashion now (if at all).

They are applied but the hp and shield are "nerfed?", let's call it a nerf for now, (they actualy aren't random nerfs but eh). The hosting rn is also pretty good if u ask me. If u want u can join me rn in duels. We can talk more there

1 minute ago, Hypernaut1 said:

i wish there was more incentive to do it...even if it was just a title or badge that a player could hold

Well it all starts with a lil bit of fun, the more ppl play, the more DE will look at it (not that it is not looking rn), so yeah, nothing is impossible.

9 minutes ago, firephoenixearl said:

They are applied but the hp and shield are "nerfed?", let's call it a nerf for now, (they actualy aren't random nerfs but eh). The hosting rn is also pretty good if u ask me. If u want u can join me rn in duels. We can talk more there

Its not that the hosting is bad per se, just that you go to a separate "instance" now instead of just staying at the dojo.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)Ubern00ber88 said:

Its not that the hosting is bad per se, just that you go to a separate "instance" now instead of just staying at the dojo.

Well that is better, that helps players that are part of a bigger clan, clan that has like 20 ppl just standing at the trading room, increasing the lag.

41 minutes ago, firephoenixearl said:

Ok, so as a veteran of dueling I can say for a fact that Melee Only Dojo Duels are way too underrated. Melee Only Dojo Duel is probably 1 of the best branches of warframe (yes even better than pve or conclave). It;s the way to test ur skill and enjoy yourself. I intend to prove why so with the next points.

1. It is the best way to pvp in warframe (and as life has proven time and time again, pvp far surpasses pve in terms of enjoyment). It beats conclave because in conclave u basicaly can't do ANYTHING AT ALL, u have only 1 nikana prime, only 1 scindo prime, only 1 galatine prime, only 1 okina etc, u can't rly mod them in anyway to change their playstyle, while in Dojo Duels personaly I have around 9 different builds just for Dragon Nikana, that is why dueling beats conclave (not the only reason but the most important one imo)

2. It is the gamemode that requires the most skill to play, don't even try to argue against that one, it doesn't matter what u try to throw against it that IS true.

And while i know a lot of u are gonna be like "Duels are lame, they are just 1 hit kill" "They are no skill at all, just spam melee", those are the sentences i hear most of the time, and both of them are wrong. In duels the only ppl that can be 1 hitted are newcomers (to dueling not warframe), they get 1 hitted by mid tier duels and above mostly, don't blame duels cus u can't make a build outside of ability play and about the spam stuff....yeah....combo spam is 1 of the worst strategies in there, u can try it against me if u don't belive me.

So yeah all in all duels need more people to look at them, they have insane potential but they have just been forgotten.

If DE were smart, they would introduce an in-game dueling component that combined aspects of Trade and Dojo Duels and a special, customizable arena.

They could easily put a tax in to boost the economy.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

If DE were smart, they would introduce an in-game dueling component that combined aspects of Trade and Dojo Duels and a special, customizable arena.

They could easily put a tax in to boost the economy.

DE are care about duels way more than most ppl think and putting in a tax for dueling is not a good idea, it's just sad (no offense), why should there be a tax for fun?

58 minutes ago, firephoenixearl said:

In the moment that you have to create a post to "defend" a game mode (a mode that care to less people than even raids)  , its more likely because de the game mode it's crap . Same thing happen when you have to defend the "skill" level of that game mode (absolute no mode or thing in warframe requiere skill ...)

Edited by Yagamilight123

3 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

In the moment that you have to create a post to "defend" a game mode (a mode that care to less people than even raids)  , its more likely because de the game mode it's crap . Same thing happen when you have to defend the "skill" level of that game mode (absolute no mode or thing in warframe requiere skill ...)

Why don't u give it a shot then? U haven't tried to fight actual players thats why u talk like that, try to duel REAL players and say the same thing then. I'm up for the challenge anytime.

1 hour ago, firephoenixearl said:

...as life has proven time and time again, pvp far surpasses pve in terms of enjoyment...

1000% opinion.  I, for one, can't stand pvp in any game.  Never have, and I doubt I ever will.  I play games to relax and get away from life's stresses.  There's enough "pvp" in real life...I don't need it in a game.

Just now, Tizodd said:

1000% opinion.  I, for one, can't stand pvp in any game.  Never have, and I doubt I ever will.  I play games to relax and get away from life's stresses.  There's enough "pvp" in real life...I don't need it in a game.

Well it's "mass" oppinion, stuff like CS is legendary compared to stuff like....DMC or God Of War.

9 minutes ago, firephoenixearl said:

Well it's "mass" oppinion, stuff like CS is legendary compared to stuff like....DMC or God Of War.

Your logic is flawed.

PVP shooters like Counter Strike last longer because the game's content isn't what gets people to play.  As long as other people are playing, CS will never run out of "content".

Games like Devil May Cry or God of War can be beat.  They depend on actual content from developers to keep people playing.

So yeah...pvp games may have better longevity as long as others are playing, but that's not the same as enjoyment.

edit: The point I'm making, is that pvp and pve are different...neither is definitively better.  Some prefer pve; some prefer pvp; some prefer a little of both.  To make the blanket statement of "pvp far surpasses pve in terms of enjoyment" is wrong because not everyone shares that opinion.

Edited by Tizodd

1 hour ago, Yagamilight123 said:

absolute no mode or thing in warframe requiere skill ...

Um... Dragons of Teshin, anyone?

As for pvp, I would take conclave over dojo duels anytime. Just a personal preference ofc.

1 hour ago, Haxa6 said:

Um... Dragons of Teshin, anyone?

As for pvp, I would take conclave over dojo duels anytime. Just a personal preference ofc.

Don't want to mess with your preference but i STRONGLY urge u to try dueling good people, u'll understand that duels has much more to offer than what meets the eye. A friend of mine left dueling for some time, and went back to pve and conclave saying he wouldn't rejoin dueling again but hey, who knew that 1 month later he came back cus he was bored of them. I have tried everything warframe has to offer by now and dueling is by far my favourite thing. Years of experience aren't enough to fully understand dojo, because everything is so hidden thats why many players are thrown off, u need to figure out everything by yourselfe. Oh btw here is something for you https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalyn451/videos/all . He's a friend of mine, a REALLY good dueler, his videos can show u what dueling can be like at high levels.

Edited by firephoenixearl

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)YouBitePi11ows said:

Pft... duels are a complete waste of time, yes it's my opinion and yours was oblivious in the OP. 

Its basicly masturbation with no payoff. 

Well you are having fun and improving in a game, what kind of payoff do u need more?

Don't want to mess with your preference but i STRONGLY urge u to try dueling good people, u'll understand that duels has much more to offer than what meets the eye

What? Leaping around trying not to get one shot by PVE modded gear? 

Oh btw here is something for you https://www.twitch.tv/adrenalyn451/videos/all . He's a friend of mine, a REALLY good dueler, his videos can show u what dueling can be like at high levels.

Oh. So it looks like you use unmodded Nikana only. Why not just play Conclave? It's already balanced around equality.

Years of experience aren't enough to fully understand dojo, because everything is so hidden thats why many players are thrown off, u need to figure out everything by yourselfe.

Ooooh, how mysterious and condescending! You've convinced me!

6 minutes ago, Duavey said:

Oh. So it looks like you use unmodded Nikana only. Why not just play Conclave? It's already balanced around equality.

It's not unmodded dummy, he procced cold, both the weapons and warframes are fully modded.

6 minutes ago, Duavey said:

What? Leaping around trying not to get one shot by PVE modded gear? 

PVE is the builds casuals use, they are the weakest possible builds in duels, but u haven't tested them so ofc u'd talk blindly

38 minutes ago, (Xbox One)YouBitePi11ows said:

What improvement? All it is, all it ever has been is a massive ego stroke. There is nothing else to be gained by doing duels.

Ou belive me u improve a WHOLE lot more in Melee Duels than in anything else, because it requires stuff pve doesn't like timing, knowing hit boxes, baiting, dodging etc, while all pve needs is press abilities and spam melee with naramon the rest of the game, stuff that just doesn't work in duels.