Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception Lingo? How to solo?

GamerWiz

Question

Recently I have been trying to get Axi relics and the highest chance for them seems to be in Tier 3 interceptions such as Berehynia (Bere), and Xini. When I go on the recruiting chat and people host those missions, I see phrase like "DPS", "EV trin", and "slowva". What do those mean? I have a loki prime, so which one would i be (I know there is four positions). Also, is it possible to solo them so I don't have to go through the hassle of recruiting? 

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, GamerWiz said:

How do I do it solo then?

Easy way to Solo interceptions : Frost with Chilling Globe Augment specced for decent (150-180ish) range.  Put a globe up at each point as you capture them and make sure the globe encompasses the two consoles enemies can use to capture the points.  Watch the [A] {B} [C] [D] icons and, when they are flashing, the enemy is capturing the point.  Go there and stop them.

Ta-da.

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

DPS is any frame that does damage, eg Excal. EV Trin is a Trinity specced for Energy Vampire, which refills everyone's energy. Slowva is a Nova with high power strength, so that her Molecular Prime slows enemies down (with negative power strength, it speeds them up).

To solo Interception, I usually bring a bow or some other long-range weapon and find an open interception map, where if you're at one point  you can see all the other points. I cap all four points, stand at one point, and snipe any enemy that gets to a terminal. Everything else that isn't directly attacking you, you can ignore.

I honestly wouldn't worry about finding a specific role on a team. Unless you're planning on staying for 30+ waves, which nobody does anymore, there's really no reason to put together a team. Just find an interception node and click 'wait for players'. If nobody shows up after 30 seconds, find another interception node and try that one. 

Edited by motorfirebox

1 minute ago, motorfirebox said:

DPS is any frame that does damage, eg Excal. EV Trin is a Trinity specced for Energy Vampire, which refills everyone's energy. Slowva is a Nova with high power strength, so that her Molecular Prime slows enemies down (with negative power strength, it speeds them up).

Isn't there a fourth one?

Edited by GamerWiz

The way you solo interceptions is by moving quickly and prioritizing enemies that are hacking consoles to re-take points. Certain frames, like Oberon, have powers that can actually stop enemies from hacking points. This is important because not every CC ability actually stops enemies who are in the process.

Generally I would recommend capping a point that's easy to defend first. While the enemies are going there to re-take it, snipe a few if you can see them and cap as many other points as you can. Save the hardest one to defend for last. Once you have at least three points capped you can make the choice to either let that be good enough or re-take the fourth point. Dance between each point and take out priority targets and CC the groups as much as possible. If you can kill them all quickly enough just do that, instead.

Sometimes a solo interception consists of literally just running from re-capped point to re-capped point. It's tedious, but it's doable.

22 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

not the combo i normally see. ev trin and a dps yes, but slowva is a no. the most used combo for speed running bere waves for relics, is ev trin, lockdown banshee(aka soundquake w/ aug) , and buff rhino to shoot the dmg up to extremes.

21 minutes ago, GamerWiz said:

Isn't there a fourth one?

yes, the leech that doesnt really get to do anything but look for good pickups since everything dies at spawn

12 minutes ago, GamerWiz said:

19 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

The way you solo interceptions is by moving quickly and prioritizing enemies that are hacking consoles to re-take points. Certain frames, like Oberon, have powers that can actually stop enemies from hacking points. This is important because not every CC ability actually stops enemies who are in the process.

Generally I would recommend capping a point that's easy to defend first. While the enemies are going there to re-take it, snipe a few if you can see them and cap as many other points as you can. Save the hardest one to defend for last. Once you have at least three points capped you can make the choice to either let that be good enough or re-take the fourth point. Dance between each point and take out priority targets and CC the groups as much as possible. If you can kill them all quickly enough just do that, instead.

Sometimes a solo interception consists of literally just running from re-capped point to re-capped point. It's tedious, but it's doable.

Gotta read, man.

17 minutes ago, TychusMechanicus said:

If the team is for drops only you can bring your Loki with Irradiated Disarm for CC as fourth. Basically you'll prevent normal captures and faster progress between rounds.

But yeah: dismiss meta junkies. Real pros can do all missions with any frame ;)

What is CC?

Solo interceptions are a pain in the butt especially for new players. It's doable but not really enjoyable experience. Especially if you don't want or can't (because you don't have them yet) run frames like mentioned slow nova or do some other more "creative" things. Enemies will always re-capture points and while it's not awfully difficult to move around and capture them back it's like... really tedious. There's no real reasons to run them solo if you just want relics - unless of course you hate people that much lol. Bere and Xini are large maps so it's even more tedious compared to some smaller ones. Be wary that usually people don't farm relics there tho, they farm focus. So they can often leave after two waves or even 1. The easiest way for solo players to farm relics is probably excavation missions - just wait till first relic drops, then extract and repeat. Almost any frame can do the job of holding for 3-5 extractors to finish.

Other alternatives are:

Equinox using Maim - Maim would CC enemies and prevent them from capturing a node to give you time to kill them.  Works well with small Interception Map.

Ember using World of Fire - similar to Equinox's Maim, World of Fire can CC enemies and prevent them from capturing a node to give you time to kill them.

Limbo using Banish/Stasis or Cataclysm/Stasis

Vauban using Bastille/Repelling Bastille

Some tips:

1. Use a CC weapon like Sonicor or a weapon with 100% blast status to immediately CC enemies capturing a node.

2. For bigger maps, use a Sniper rifle to snipe enemies capturing nodes from afar.

3. It is easier if you have high DPS weapons to kill enemies within an enemy node so you can dispatch them immediately and capture the node.

For sorties solo interception, I would usually bring Loki Irradiating Disarm and just keep the enemies fighting each other.  Sometimes, I would use a Spectre (or two) to guard one node while I take care of the others.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, GamerWiz said:

First make sure you are able to kill enemies easy n not keep dying. Then just go capture point by point. They will be recaptured by enemy since you're solo but don't worry about that, just continue to capture. The important thing in interception is your percentage must be higher than enemy's, so it's not even important if lose 1 capture point as long as your percentage reached 100% before the enemy.  

Keep in mind that what matters isn't keeping your progress bar ahead of the enemy's, but reaching 100% before their's hits 100%. It sounds like a weird distinction, but I think it's an important one. I've done a few Solo Interceptions, and in several of them, the enemy was ahead of me up until 65-75%. However, around that point, I caught up and started to pull ahead. If I'd abandoned the mission because I wasn't ahead of the enemy, I'd have missed the win.

As for how I did these, I personally used Ember with World on Fire and just kept moving from point to point. Lots of Range and some Strength meant that enemies tended to be dead by the time I got to each point. However, I've only used Ember up to Level 30 missions, and only for a single round of Interception. I know Ember has a point where she becomes less effective as enemy Armor values rise, but I have no idea where that point is. This means that you may not be able to use Ember at the levels you need to be at to get the Relics you're looking for, so be aware of that when planning to use her. Hopefully it's fine, and she'll do what you need, but don't be surprised if she doesn't.