Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox: Can Mend Match Maim?

(PSN)LoisGordils

Let's face it, Mend sucks and the description is incredibly misleading. I would fix it by actually making it do what the ability suggests. 

"Mend & Maim
In Night Form, allies are healed with each nearby enemy killed. In Day Form, nearby enemies are bled and then subjected to a wave of slashing force." -Official Ingame Description

Mend now restores HP per second based on the amount of points stored (0.5%). So, if Equinox has 10,000 points, allies within range recover 50 (correct my math if wrong) HP per second and so forth. Discharging Mend converts a part of remaining points into shields and energy divided evenly among your squad

OR

All enemies have 75% of their HP and Shields evenly distributed among allies as health and shields every time one dies

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

Why would Mend recover energy? Seems reasonable for the HP/s, though a better fitting idea is essentially granting a low level life strike for all weapons to all allies within range while Mend is active, with a large pulse of healing when it ends. It's a bit of a stretch for shields, maybe as part of an augment. Energy recovery feels like it's not even remotely tied to the theme of Mend.

I think mend works the way it does to differentiate itself from Trinity's Blessing and Oberon's Renewal.
Maybe there we be less dislike for it if the healing from mend could be put towards reviving downed teammates.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

Why would Mend recover energy? Seems reasonable for the HP/s, though a better fitting idea is essentially granting a low level life strike for all weapons to all allies within range while Mend is active, with a large pulse of healing when it ends. It's a bit of a stretch for shields, maybe as part of an augment. Energy recovery feels like it's not even remotely tied to the theme of Mend.

Trinity can't be the only energy sink forever

1 hour ago, Keiiken said:

I think mend works the way it does to differentiate itself from Trinity's Blessing and Oberon's Renewal.
Maybe there we be less dislike for it if the healing from mend could be put towards reviving downed teammates.

That's why it should be on equal grounds with them

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I like this. I could imagine it building up to a crazy regen rate. It would step on Oberons toes a little, but I think it fits her theme and gives the player a reason to build up mend beyond a few thousand.

Yes. However, Mend has to first build up the damage, has no armor buff (which is amazing on Oberon) and is limited by range. Whereas Renewal grants instant, powerful healing, massive armor buff and allies don't need to be in range once affected 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Wait so you want Equinox, to be as good on both healing and Energy support as Trinity. But at the same time provide crowd control and damage as well?

That make no sense at all.

Why would anyone play Trinity if Equinox can do everything she can, but could also do more stuff.

Being a hybrid does have to come at a cost, or else there would be no reason to play specialized frames.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Trinity can't be the only energy sink forever

Harrow is coming as an energy generating frame.
Having Equinox do heals and energy is too similar to Trinity.

Nobody is saying that Mend shouldn't be on equal grounds with Bless and Renewal just shouldn't be too similar. Your proposal would have mend be weak when used for short periods and completely eclipse Renewal once you build up damage, unless its capped.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Yes. However, Mend has to first build up the damage, has no armor buff (which is amazing on Oberon) and is limited by range. Whereas Renewal grants instant, powerful healing, massive armor buff and allies don't need to be in range once affected 

This is true. I would like these changes. 

It just doesn't feel right that there is no passive effect with mend