Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Good AoE DPS warframe

TDIDiamond

Question

Hello everyone, im looking for a power efficent, area of effect dps frame. Prefferably not ember because i hate the press 4 to win mindset. For sortie level enemies. Would be appreaciated if you can post a build along side the frame you are mentioning, Focus is primarily grineer. Any opinions would be gladly appreaciated!

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

i got 2 randomly .... gas build showed biggest damage spikes on heavy armored 130s

dealt like a few hundred the 6k then few hundred then 6k 

i'm sure i'm gonna find tons of them after i get the first one from someone

edit: gas count as 2 elements (gas and toxin) or only toxin will be present on enemies?

Edited by Fiftycentis

18 hours ago, Fiftycentis said:

i'm sure i'm gonna find tons of them after i get the first one from someone

edit: gas count as 2 elements (gas and toxin) or only toxin will be present on enemies?

gas deals a gas damage then multiple toxic procs, so if you hit with gas you can in effect get 2 elements at the same time due to aoes constant barrage of them 

On 20.6.2017 at 9:13 PM, TenGaugeBoson said:

Frost

175% efficiency 250% range spam avalanche

Please don't. Avalance disables status.

My recommendations are Mesa (reset from time to time - among the highest damage option)

Saryn (aoe dots that spread)

Excal (EB build. Not aoe per se but it works just fine with the punch trough.)

Nidus (Same but pulls enemys together. Big wind up.)

Oberon (his ground plus Reckoning under heavy fire on a rage/high strength build gives suprisingly good results while offering tankiness and Cc too. Performs best in higher levels tho.)

Nezha (Just run around the field with his first ability. Use the augument for burst damage on deactivation.)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Technically, my suggestion isn't a "DPS" frame, but Saryn/Saryn Prime WITH a suitable toxin/gas status weapon.

Optimally, for best effect you want to go with maximum range, with positive duration and strength. I personally bolster duration over strength, but inverting the order would bolster her damage for more immediate results. The key is to apply toxin or gas to a target first, then apply her Spores to that target, then pop the spores. This specific order of casting has the spores carry the toxin proc to all enemies in Spore's spread range (with 250% range, 40m radius), and then it's simply a matter of popping spores on the victims of the spread to keep reapplying spores carrying that toxin proc back to all enemies in range. It can get into pretty crazy DOTs all across your screen, with the added bonus of every Spore victim is also suffering a Viral proc, halving their health.

I personally don't need positive efficiency, with sufficient enemy density I can keep a single Spore cast active for 10+ minutes.

My personal build is:

AURA: Corrosive Projection/Energy Siphon

EXILUS: Cunning Drift

Overextended, Stretch, Power Drift/Constitution, Primed Continuity, Blind Rage, Regenerative Molt, Vitality, Steel Fiber

Edited by (PS4)WhiteWolfMoon

People need to stop talking about this.
I'm literally seeing a rise in the number of Mesas and Equinox I run into in pub games. :(

I'm really worried they'll nerf my two frames once people start playing them more and DE takes note. :(

Note how most people are either saying zenistar or a press 4 to win frame? With the expectation of octiva speakers? Those are pretty much your options. Unless you want to take into account Nidus which i don't think anyone has brought up also the guy above me stated slova, that press 4 to win would help the team aswell.  I'd suggest either one of two things. Slova/Amprex Combo or Nidus.

On June 20, 2017 at 3:11 PM, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Limbo.

giphy.gif

Lol, such an inflammatory response.

OP, try Volt Prime with Capacitance and Range on his 4.  Volt enhances all weapons with his powers in multiple ways so has some similarities to Ember but is more fun and engaging...though Ember at high levels has augments that make her a CC monster if you mod right.

One Tenno's opinion.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

The skill-based AoE frames have been covered already, here some ideas for weapon-based AoE frames. They're forma-intense, though.

Mirage with Ignis Wraith (with Sinister Reach and Firestorm):
Hits harder and further than Ember but you have to "aim". Often it's kill em before you see em. Enemy Radar's helpful here. Always fun to outdamage an Ember on Exterminate runs :satisfied:. To cite D.va: "Is this EZ-Mode?!"

Yes, it is.

Harrow and Scourge (with Terminal Velocity and Speedtrigger):
Constant AoE spam with Scourge and Penance. Downside: you only can damage targets that ain't blocked off by wall. Still it's great fun as it takes a bit more skill. Doing the ballet (keeping up Penance and Thurible Buff and sometimes Covenant) is a very satisfying gaming experience.