Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a meta weapon?

(PSN)Omnivex

3 hours ago, AzureTerra said:

Not everything is about Status or Crit

lol yeah sure, lets not BS ppl here, status and crit are the 2 things that determine whether or not a weapon is endgame viable there really isn't any point arguing that. 

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, Silvus-Sol said:

Critical Delay Daikyu is pretty strong these days. You should give it a try.

I had to give you an upvote just for saying that.  :D

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:09 PM, Radagosh said:

atterax - can't wait for the "pls nerf atterax DE threats"

15 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Atterax is the closest thing to a meta weapon now. Melee Rivens might change that soon.

The Atterax was recently mentioned in a video about power creep.  The short version was how can there be power creep when you have weapons like the Atterax that have been in the game for so long.  :D  

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:35 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

"Top tier" is usually a combination of weapons, frame powers, and maxxed out mods. 

^ I can't help but to agree with.  I use a combo like that myself.  Ivara+Rakta Cernos+Rakta Ballistica+ Rakta Dark Dagger= Prowl all day.  hehe

5 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

... I use a combo like that myself.  Ivara+Rakta Cernos+Rakta Ballistica+ Rakta Dark Dagger= Prowl all day.  hehe

That sounds funny alright. But wouldn't it be a pain for stealth-runs with the proc exploding every few seconds?

Most of the ideaology of "meta" weapons were shattered by the tonkor/simulor nerf as well as the introduction of rivens, and now it's mostly whatever gun you have the best riven for. For example, my AkLex Prime are absolutely the strongest and most content-clearing guns i have, with the riven they're able to two-shot pretty much any enemy, are stronger than any of my sniper rifles and have 16 bullets in the mag. Other than guns, the meta is having a good melee weapon like the Atterax with maiming strike or Galatine prime.

3 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

That sounds funny alright. But wouldn't it be a pain for stealth-runs with the proc exploding every few seconds?

The procs don't alert enemies anymore.  That was changed a long time ago.  Like either when Nidus came out or maybe before that.  

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

The procs don't alert enemies anymore.  That was changed a long time ago.  Like either when Nidus came out or maybe before that.  

Yeah, it doesn't. But I found it to be slight pain when they woke up from my sleep arrow or move more erratically due to being "alerted". Furthermore, kills by the procs reset the stealth multiplier, which is my biggest affinity leveling.

4 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Yeah, it doesn't. But I found it to be slight pain when they woke up from my sleep arrow or move more erratically due to being "alerted". Furthermore, kills by the procs reset the stealth multiplier, which is my biggest affinity leveling.

Ummm, wouldn't you be using the weapon that you're leveling for the stealth kills.  In that case the proc wouldn't be an issue.  Unless you are referring to getting affinity for focus.    

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Ummm, wouldn't you be using the weapon that you're leveling for the stealth kills.  In that case the proc wouldn't be an issue.  Unless you are referring to getting affinity for focus.    

Yeah, I am getting some affinity for focus. I put a lens in my bow and Rakta dagger, so I'm using both. I can bypass the proc from Gleaming Blight by not actively equipping the dagger, but it's going to be hard to do that with the bow, which is one of the reason I didn't take the Rakta Cernos, despite people saying how useful it is. Well, it's a matter of personal preference, I suppose.