Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[June 27th] Website/Sign in issues

This just goes to show how badly the program handles login issues. 

This is the same issue that pops up when you try and log in during a hotfix. Instead of saying 'we are hotfixing, come back in 5 minutes', it says 'login failed. check your info', intimating that the problem is on the user's end.

Same here, instead of saying 'server is uncontactable', it gives the same PEBKAC error. Please correct this to make it clearer to the players that the problem is on the server-side.

Edited by Shibboleth

1 minute ago, fr4gb4ll said:

now that he rubbed their nose onto it again, who knows what will happen ^.^

ya know, reading (and thinking) isn't a strong ability in human nature - maybe it's focus ability which people either can't use yet or discarded for zenurik or naramon ;)

so true

14 minutes ago, Percy said:

They are working on it. Give it time.

I am having a problem since the hotfix update, that is I can't log back into the game and play , so I tried to log in the website in opera and then tried internet explorer on the PC my game resides on, and I get an "an error occurred while processing your request reference, #etc etc

but I can log in on my iPad :/ but takes ages to log in on Mac with Safari

Vortexed within 

1 minute ago, fr4gb4ll said:

ya know, reading (and thinking) isn't a strong ability in human nature - maybe it's focus ability which people either can't use yet or discarded for zenurik or naramon ;)

I know this wasn't in response to me, but i'm still going to briefly comment on your reply to that other guy.

In the forums, players often have to swarm a topic post in order to get any attention from someone who can solve the problem. Tons of bugs are reported in the forums and go unnoticed every day.  And especially with such a serious issue as the inability to access the game, or possibility of a ban, (with thousands of hours of playtime and lots of money invested into accounts) and that even with all of those concerns, it is somehow unreasonable for people to be a little upset i think is a bit silly. :]

2 minutes ago, Dendurron said:

I know this wasn't in response to me, but i'm still going to briefly comment on your reply to that other guy.

In the forums, players often have to swarm a topic post in order to get any attention from someone who can solve the problem. Tons of bugs are reported in the forums and go unnoticed every day.  And especially with such a serious issue as the inability to access the game, or possibility of a ban, (with thousands of hours of playtime and lots of money invested into accounts) and that even with all of those concerns, it is somehow unreasonable for people to be a little upset i think is a bit silly. :]

but you got to think...is it easier for DE to look through a few post with a bunch of lines about the same thing or is it easier for them to just go through and open 3,000 different threads all about the same thing

Just now, Magicfingers said:

but you got to think...is it easier for DE to look through a few post with a bunch of lines about the same thing or is it easier for them to just go through and open 3,000 different threads all about the same thing

I think you're wrongly assuming that all bug posts are about the same thing. Very often they are completely unique with the exception of times like this. The little attention that most get makes people paranoid. Expect all issues like this with this order of magnitude to have a similar community response.

1 minute ago, Dendurron said:

I think you're wrongly assuming that all bug posts are about the same thing. Very often they are completely unique with the exception of times like this. The little attention that most get makes people paranoid. Expect all issues like this with this order of magnitude to have a similar community response.

but this {and many, many more threads} are about login issues....nothing else

Edited by Magicfingers