Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.1.4

[DE]Rebecca

Can all the people hating this update just be honest here?

The reason you hate the aura update is that. ^

Misery loves company and all that.

The aura update wasn't even out a WEEK. This BETA. When you see the entire community in an out cry that the aura system taking away points was BAD idea.. That is your clue to wait it out.

Also you never know when there will be new mods that are EXPENSIVE on the mod cap.

It is as much the reason as everything that is related to it. I feel cheated because the change completely screwed over the balance.

But even if I didn't feel that, I'd still say that the power creep is bad.

Also saying that it is beta is abolutely pointless here when what I am doing is giving constructive feedback on how I think this change could be improved. That is the point of it being a beta, so that feedback such as mine can be taken into consideration.

Also WRITING words in CAPITAL letters doesn't PROVE anything so shut up and stop blindly defending DE when there is nothing to defend them from. It is called constructive criticism you jerk.

Also I have all right to feel cheated when I bought some of that forma for plat since I also had to help build a dojo.

Edited by Liandra

In my concept a rank 0 Aura mod would give 10 additional capacity points when slotted in a matching polarity and no additional cap when slotted in a mismatched polarity. This way you can slot every aura at no cost, while also granting a bonus for matching polarity. A mismatched rank 0 aura would equal the effect that we had pre-U9, giving the base Aura effect without impacting mod capacity. Matching polarity however would give you a boost, which can be helpful to unpotatoed frames and new players. Maybe every Warframe should maybe start out with one matching rank 0 aura mod to help new players get into the game.

I think a simpler fix would be to restore aura costs, and simply give one additional mod capacity per five ranks in a frame, or something similar.

nope, I still needed 14 mod points to max out Redirection, Steel Fibre and Vitality. All other mods were maxed. So no, some of us were not able to max out everything even with all slots polarized. Not all frames are like this, and suppose depends on what mods you want on.

Anyone with more than one extra polarization can max out everything they are likely to slot in a catalyzed frame, and then some.

I have somewhere between 90 and 100 points of mods on my Excal, with capacity to spare.

In my experience, with all other things being equal, players will often shun options which benefit the group in favor of options which benefit themselves. The only reliable solution to this is to make cooperative options more attractive than selfish ones.

That's the thing I like most about the new aura system. It makes even a selfish player want an aura mod as fast as possible, and even makes them want to upgrade it as quickly as possible.

Under the old system, many players would see aura mods as the lowest possible priority, or even a waste of space and time.

I don't really agree with this assessment.

It's still a wash. Newer players/lower ranked frames especially are slotting whatever gives them the most points irrespective of it's actual utility to the group. If their sniper scavenger is the one that gives them the biggest capacity boost, they slot it, even if no one is using a sniper rifle.

You are the boss, dear DE, but I am not sure adding more fuel to gear++ race with this AURA giving points thing is a good idea. Difference between fresh and geared players is crazy as is already (~x15 for weapon damage potential if I've done math right).

Yeah, if anything this issue is exacerbated, not mitigated, by the change in aura systems.

New players don't have many auras, and probably don't have many maxed out. I have all of them and they have all been ranked up at least once.

I am actually thoroughly annoyed right now. Since hotfix 9.1.2/9.1.3, I have had crash issues where Warframe would crash every 5 minutes. This becomes more annoying when DURING these issues, there are alerts for the alternate Nova helm, AND a Forma blueprint. I can't play to get either of these, I don't have enough money to buy them, and all I really want to do is play Warframe again. I want to use Nova, I want to play with my friends, and my clan. I know I am not the only one with these issues, but I also know that there are plenty that are NOT being affected. Please fix the crashing so I, and many others, can play a great game again.

You love your instant gratification, don't you? Working for benefits must be soooo stupid. Let's just give everyone infinite capacity right away. That would be nice for new players, right? Who needs progression anyway?

And those people who invested into the game? Yeah, screw those guys. Their problem.

Honestly, just die.

All of the melodrama.  You're wasting time, not "working for benefits".

Have to say I love the new aura mechanics, in particular with how they work with low level frames.  As an example, my Nyx just finished building this morning and so, after slapping on a max Energy Siphon, I had 14 points to play with on an unranked frame. 

This is enough energy to allow a player to fit in all of their abilities, allowing them to grow used to the quirks of their new frame sooner.  It has the additional benefit of eliminating those painful first few missions where your frame can't do any of its fancy ninja tricks.

On the whole, I think this was the right decision to make and Warframe is a better game because of it.

Please, thunderbolt is a very rare if not the most rare and exclusive mod to get, please buff it. Don't make elemental mods affect the explosion, but rather have the AOE explosion damage on top of the initial damage. That way the AoE isn't overpowered and it doesnt replace a 2-3k crit  with a lousy 250 fire damage. Cause right now unless there are packs of 50 monsters at a time, thunderbolt just lowers your DPS on a modded bow by alot, really annoying.

Consider this!

Have to say I love the new aura mechanics, in particular with how they work with low level frames.  As an example, my Nyx just finished building this morning and so, after slapping on a max Energy Siphon, I had 14 points to play with on an unranked frame. 

This is enough energy to allow a player to fit in all of their abilities, allowing them to grow used to the quirks of their new frame sooner.  It has the additional benefit of eliminating those painful first few missions where your frame can't do any of its fancy ninja tricks.

On the whole, I think this was the right decision to make and Warframe is a better game because of it.

Don't most MMORPGs work the other way (yeah I know WF isn't an MMORPG)? You don't start off with all your skills. Instead you usually only begin with your weapons and one skill. Only as you level up do you get skill points and/or unlock skills. Personally, I preffered the progression the way it was.

Edited by CitizenV

Thanks for your response.I'm not sure about the semantic argument 'it does breaks builds'. There is a big difference between 'capacity slack /I should fuse more' and 'I can't equip the same stuff anymore'. Yes, this adds headroom in the same way a level cap increase would. But if you're arguing for 7 vs. 14, - its just degrees and becomes arbitrary how much headroom is enough (could be wrong, I expect you're looking at a specific build's slack).Nightmare, new Mods, and the possibility of fusing some high drain mods can soak up the difference for min/maxers. I get where you're coming from and it is the reason there has always been two constraints: cost/slot.Your arguments are totally valid though, I'm just trying to convince you I haven't painted myself into a corner... yet. :S

This was already possible in the past with Forma'ing a couple of times. It only changes it such that we need fewer forma now and thus fewer locked polarities, thus more options, less annoyance.

All in all it is mainly DE being nice and cutting the cost of a few formas, possible at the cost of ONE forma if the aura polarity is not to your liking.

There is a distinct problem with making the game too easy. How do you progress? I loved the old system before artifacts were switched to mods because it gave you a feeling of accomplishment to get a frame closer and closer to "perfect". I loved the fact that auras cost mod slots. I complained at first but then realized, the only reason I was complaining is because I wasn't the God I used to be. I had to maybe...max out only certain mods and work to forma my frame again to afford the extra slots for an aura. Now it is just like...OK so now I have to wait for the devs to make high end frames mean something again.

One thing that I do not like is the addition of more useless mods. Grineer/Infested/Corpus specific bonus damage? K...so I can waste another slot on my weapon to add a useless amount of damage. (30%) What is the point? We have limited mod space. We can't just waste it on mods that don't do anything remotely beneficial compared to others. It is like Warm Coat. OK we can throw that on a mod space at the expense of what? Flow? No thanks. I'd rather have 300% more energy than waste a spot on the chance I might have an ice level. Even then...say it is an ice level, you can keep what? 15% of your shields compared to 300% more energy? Come on. This is just silly. The real solution is to add space. If they gave us extra capacity is more space too much to ask?

Atm im hating vampire mode... or its my crappy luck getting bad rng getting almost zero mobs when heading towards objective and dying due that.

And depending on luck, vampire mode makes nightmare mode actually easier than normal mode.

Thanks for your response.

I'm not sure about the semantic argument 'it does breaks builds'. There is a big difference between 'capacity slack /I should fuse more' and 'I can't equip the same stuff anymore'. Yes, this adds headroom in the same way a level cap increase would. But if you're arguing for 7 vs. 14, - its just degrees and becomes arbitrary how much headroom is enough (could be wrong, I expect you're looking at a specific build's slack).

Nightmare, new Mods, and the possibility of fusing some high drain mods can soak up the difference for min/maxers. I get where you're coming from and it is the reason there has always been two constraints: cost/slot.

Your arguments are totally valid though, I'm just trying to convince you I haven't painted myself into a corner... yet. :S

I personally love the new way the auras work. With the increased difficulty of everything else, extra cost for auras was making things a bit too hairy. I think I've died more since update 9 than I have the entire time up until update 9 combined, so the extra capacity for the difficult missions is nice, and even on the not so difficult missions, its nice to have left over capacity to play with the more utility mods (20 capacity for master thief and thiefs wit when farming is non-trivial).

Not super upset about the increased difficulty or anything, but please keep things so that its still possible to solo most of the stuff. I love playing friends, but its not always possible due to vastly different schedules, so I worry about warframe going the way of some other games I've played in the past and increasing difficultly to appease the people who seem to think wanting more challenge for themselves means difficultly should be increased for everyone making it impossible to solo or play a lot of the content with less than full groups.

Also, please make the party information thing (who's in the group, what they have equipped) visible in private and invite only as well as online. Just because its all friends or invitees doesn't mean I don't like being able to see who's in the lobby or what we all have equipped =)