Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have a Warframe with 0 Powers?

Asuraph

Just now, Asuraph said:

Fair point... But, think Naruto vs Rock Lee

wrong guy to use that one on, I don't watch Naruto.

a frame with no powers would be so incredibly pointless... play literally any third-person shooter that doesn't have magic in it and you'll get what you want. Warframes are magical space ninjas, and that's how they're gonna stay.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

wrong guy to use that one on, I don't watch Naruto.

a frame with no powers would be so incredibly pointless... play literally any third-person shooter that doesn't have magic in it and you'll get what you want. Warframes are magical space ninjas, and that's how they're gonna stay.

But in a world of magical space ninja's there stood one ninja/ And his power was the fact that he had no power.

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

that's just.... dumb. really, really dumb. I think I'll pick having magical powers over not having magical powers any day of the week.

That's fair, I will go my way, you can go yours. Thanks for stopping by^^

2 hours ago, Momo93 said:

Sooo....basically Operator Mode and doing nothing? If you enjoy that...

More like operator mode, with 100 armor and energy, mods take effect as normal, weapons and companions usable, operator accessible may or may not be accessible. Depending on how lore takes to it.

Actually, its not that uncommon. Its the street fighter equivalent of Dan, or Hercule from Dragon ball.

You would be creating the worst warframe for the sake of it being the worse. It would be for those who want to challange themselves ridiculously.

It would be a terrible choice for group play however.

10 hours ago, Asuraph said:

Rock Lee uses powers FYI. You don't think his Gate Openings are natural, do you? In terms of Warframe, that would be a channeled ability. 

Edited by aligatorno

1 hour ago, aligatorno said:

Rock Lee uses powers FYI. You don't think his Gate Openings are natural, do you? In terms of Warframe, that would be a channeled ability. 

I think he's thinking more Rock Lee Vs Gaara in the Chunin Exam.  Sure he had something special about him even then, but he wasn't nearly as super-powered as everyone else at that point.  The best thing about him was how fast he could move due to absurd unrealistic results from an (imo) unrealistic training regimen.  I mean as long as the frame in mind was optional and nobody was FORCED to use it... then why would it matter?

13 hours ago, Asuraph said:

Bad comparison. Rock Lee's taijutsus are his "magic powers".

Better comparison would be Naruto vs the useless pawn ninjas who could only punch or throw blades.

19 hours ago, RainzoneG said:

Bad comparison. Rock Lee's taijutsus are his "magic powers".

Better comparison would be Naruto vs the useless pawn ninjas who could only punch or throw blades.

I meant that in order to make it lore friendly, you could give it an insane passive and some stat boosts. But I still like my idea of baseframe better

On 7/2/2017 at 10:53 PM, TheGodofWiFi said:

This is one of the strangest posts I've ever seen. If you don't want to use your powers, just don't use them...

What next, a gun that doesn't fire? A melee weapon that breaks every time you use it?

The gun is a melee weapon, the melee weapon is a grenade?

On 7/2/2017 at 10:53 PM, TheGodofWiFi said:

This is one of the strangest posts I've ever seen. If you don't want to use your powers, just don't use them...

What next, a gun that doesn't fire? A melee weapon that breaks every time you use it?

Lets get a melee weapon that explode on contact and kills everyone around it including the user. if your survive the grenade fist you get a damage boost to make sure you die the next time and a gun thats just a spear that fires nerf equivalent bullets so your forced to only throw to do any damage.

Edited by nerfal

Just now, nerfal said:

Lets get a melee weapon that explode on contact and kills everyone around it including the user. and a gun thats just a spear that fires nerf equivalent bullets so your forced to only throw to do any damage.

What if you made a secondary that did  nothing but kill you when you fired it?

We need a focus abilities in each tree that gives a boost upon self kill that gives a boost to your teammates for the duration of the mission  and stacks for mission but cost a revive upon each use so you have a one life run.

On 7/2/2017 at 3:06 PM, Praxxor said:

I want a warframe with just powers and no HP or bullS#&$ like that. You just immediately die when you spawn.

Oh, so a minimum Power Strength Banshee with no Power Duration or Efficiency?

Easy.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog