Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't kill raptor

(XBOX)Venus Mourning

Question

Hi!

I'm on xbox1, Mastery rank 5, and I usually do everything on solo. I'm stuck at Europa unable to go to Saturn and beyond because I cannot defeat the raptor. 

Warframe wise I have an Excal, Rhino, Equinox (bought) and Frost/prime. 

Primary weapon wise I have the Boltor which I used a Orokin Catalyst on and a Latron. I've read damage guides, so I somewhat understand them. I've only used the Boltor with Magnetic, but it's weak. I can get screenshots tomorrow but I think it said Magnetic damage was only 53 or so, corrosive came out around the same number. I've powered up both elemental mods to 75%-90% (?) but Serration is at 60%. 

I've been using Rhino and while staying alive isn't too hard, I guess I'm just not doing enough damage. I've blown up one and gotten halfway through the other one before using up all of my revives, and it takes longer than any fight I've done before. The other issue is I run out of ammo so quickly because I'm not doing enough damage. 

I tried Public matches today and it went as well as I figured it would. First squad was me and 2 others. One guy sat outside of spawn running in circles the entire time, the person helping me didn't get the charge after killing the raptor. They left 10 minutes into retrying, understandably. Second try me plus one. Did pretty good, missed the change again. I had no ammo and after a while on the second attempt I quit. So I'd prefer to NOT to do this in public matches if at all possible.

Suggestions I've seen are to use Nova, which is not possible for obvious reasons. Get split chamber, can't do that without killing the boss. Another person recommended the HEk, but wouldn't the range be to short for the Raptor? I think that's my issue with the Boltor, half of the shots are missed because they're so slow. 

Also having issues with several pieces of equipment needs nano spores, which I can't get because I can't pass europa. I've been trying to get them through Maroo's derelict hunt but have yet to succeed at that, I'm going to watch videos on the tiles and try again. 

Sorry it's so long, but the game's loosing all of the fun for me because I've been doing the same missions over and over for weeks. I've been doing alerts, my mods are much better (lvl 20 enemies go down with 2-3 hits) and I've been farming for better equipment but I'm at a standstill. 

I'll get screenshots of whatever you need, mods I own/ current loadouts ect ect ect. I just really want to pass thing thing and never come back to it so I can start working *towards* something instead of sitting on a boss node!

Thank you in advance!

22 answers to this question

Hey, just here to give a few tips on killing Raptor! I'm not on the same platform so I can't physically help you. 

Basically, here's a pic of a Raptor

latest?cb=20160820205019

I believe he's only vulnerable to damage on the grey bit on his torso and wings (the underside), the rest of him should be immune to damage. 

His shields take more from magnetic damage, but his Alloy Armor and Robotics will take extra damage from Radiation (electric + heat) , which is what I would advise. Magnetic damage actually deals reduced damage to Alloy Armor so...yeah, not the best choice. 

Anyways, when a Raptor spawns, you'll see him fly out from a Gravity Conveyor. It's the protruding mole-hole covered with a light blue holo-mesh that you can't fall through. When a raptor dies, he'll drop a yellow item: A power cell. You need to pick it up and drop it in down the Grav-Conveyor: Even though you can't fall through the mesh, the power core can. By the way, you need to be quick: it's rigged to blow in about 10 seconds after spawning, so you need to drop it in quickly. To drop it in, simply press the button to swap to your primary weapon (when primary weapon is active, you cannot hold items and hence you'll drop it) Repeat this until all 3 grav-conveyors are blown, and you should be done!

But you probably already know that.

Now, onto Warframes. I would advise Trinity, because she has powerful sustain, but it's gonna be a bit useless if she dies in one shot from a Raptor's onslaught. Her parts from from the Ceres boss, unlocked from completing Mars. On Phobos, Mag is also an option because of Bullet Attractor...but I'm not sure if works on Raptor to make sure all your shots hit home. On Mars, the boss drops Frost parts. I think Frost would be my go-to because of his Snow Globe which can block out missiles, and also I think his 1st ability can slow Raptor down, making shots easier to hit.

Edit: I tested and frost's slow on raptor has a reduced duration, so it's not that good. On the other hand, mag's bullet attractor works 100% and all your Hek bullets will fly straight into his feeble &#!. It works really well, actually. Raptor can't actually fly high enough to make your Hek's falloff damage significant.

As for weapons, I would actually recommend the Hek. It's hitscan, and more accurate thatn you think. It's damage is also very impressive, especially when combined with the Steel Meridian Augment. If you're afraid of damage falloff, you can always bullet-jump up to the raptor and put a shot or two into him before dropping. If you can afford it, I would recommend the Sybaris, available from the Tenno lab in a dojo. It's a very good long ranged rifle, and has a very good crit chance. It's become a favorite amongst many Tenno because of its high accuracy as well, meaning it's easy to score hits on enemies at a distance. However, it requires a forma to build, I'm not sure if you have any lying around...

That's all from me for now, feel free to clarify any doubts you have!

Edited by Dylki

7 minutes ago, Dylki said:

Hey, just here to give a few tips on killing Raptor! I'm not on the same platform so I can't physically help you. 

Basically, here's a pic of a Raptor

latest?cb=20160820205019

I believe he's only vulnerable to damage on the grey bit on his torso and wings (the underside), the rest of him should be immune to damage. 

His shields take more from magnetic damage, but his Alloy Armor and Robotics will take extra damage from Radiation (electric + heat) , which is what I would advise. Magnetic damage actually deals reduced damage to Alloy Armor so...yeah, not the best choice. 

Anyways, when a Raptor spawns, you'll see him fly out from a Gravity Conveyor. It's the protruding mole-hole covered with a light blue holo-mesh that you can't fall through. When a raptor dies, he'll drop a yellow item: A power cell. You need to pick it up and drop it in down the Grav-Conveyor: Even though you can't fall through the mesh, the power core can. By the way, you need to be quick: it's rigged to blow in about 10 seconds after spawning, so you need to drop it in quickly. To drop it in, simply press the button to swap to your primary weapon (when primary weapon is active, you cannot hold items and hence you'll drop it) Repeat this until all 3 grav-conveyors are blown, and you should be done!

But you probably already know that.

Now, onto Warframes. I would advise Trinity, because she has powerful sustain, but it's gonna be a bit useless if she dies in one shot from a Raptor's onslaught. Her parts from from the Ceres boss, unlocked from completing Mars. On Phobos, Mag is also an option because of Bullet Attractor...but I'm not sure if works on Raptor to make sure all your shots hit home. On Mars, the boss drops Frost parts. I think Frost would be my go-to because of his Snow Globe which can block out missiles, and also I think his 1st ability can slow Raptor down, making shots easier to hit.

As for weapons, I would actually recommend the Hek. It's hitscan, and more accurate thatn you think. It's damage is also very impressive, especially when combined with the Steel Meridian Augment. If you're afraid of damage falloff, you can always bullet-jump up to the raptor and put a shot or two into him before dropping. If you can afford it, I would recommend the Sybaris, available from the Tenno lab in a dojo. It's a very good long ranged rifle, and has a very good crit chance. It's become a favorite amongst many Tenno because of its high accuracy as well, meaning it's easy to score hits on enemies at a distance. However, it requires a forma to build, I'm not sure if you have any lying around...

That's all from me for now, feel free to clarify any doubts you have!

Thank you! I'll lvl up Frost some more then bring him. I'll see if the clan I'm in has the sybaris, if not I'll make the Hek. I do have a Forma blueprint left. 

I've got this written down so I'll at-least try radiation tomorrow to see what happens. 

I'm not sure if you'd know, but if I scanned them with the synthesis scanner, could I fight it in the Simulacrum? I don't have nearly enough standing but curious if that'd be an option. 

Ah, you can scan them, but you cannot spawn bosses in the Simulacrum :satisfied: 

By the way, when you are advanced enough, the Raptor boss fight is a great place to farm Neural Sensors and Split Chamber. Each raptor will drop rewards, and they will keep spawning until you've destroyed all 3 grav-conveyors. This means that as long as you keep killing them without blowing up the mole-holes, you can keep getting those mods and resources!

Also, Frost is pretty good, but strongest against him I would say Mag. :satisfied: Hope this helps!

Edited by Dylki

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Venus Mourning said:

Hi!

I'm on xbox1, Mastery rank 5, and I usually do everything on solo. I'm stuck at Europa unable to go to Saturn and beyond because I cannot defeat the raptor. 

Warframe wise I have an Excal, Rhino, Equinox (bought) and Frost/prime. 

Primary weapon wise I have the Boltor which I used a Orokin Catalyst on and a Latron. I've read damage guides, so I somewhat understand them. I've only used the Boltor with Magnetic, but it's weak. I can get screenshots tomorrow but I think it said Magnetic damage was only 53 or so, corrosive came out around the same number. I've powered up both elemental mods to 75%-90% (?) but Serration is at 60%. 

I've been using Rhino and while staying alive isn't too hard, I guess I'm just not doing enough damage. I've blown up one and gotten halfway through the other one before using up all of my revives, and it takes longer than any fight I've done before. The other issue is I run out of ammo so quickly because I'm not doing enough damage. 

I tried Public matches today and it went as well as I figured it would. First squad was me and 2 others. One guy sat outside of spawn running in circles the entire time, the person helping me didn't get the charge after killing the raptor. They left 10 minutes into retrying, understandably. Second try me plus one. Did pretty good, missed the change again. I had no ammo and after a while on the second attempt I quit. So I'd prefer to NOT to do this in public matches if at all possible.

Suggestions I've seen are to use Nova, which is not possible for obvious reasons. Get split chamber, can't do that without killing the boss. Another person recommended the HEk, but wouldn't the range be to short for the Raptor? I think that's my issue with the Boltor, half of the shots are missed because they're so slow. 

Also having issues with several pieces of equipment needs nano spores, which I can't get because I can't pass europa. I've been trying to get them through Maroo's derelict hunt but have yet to succeed at that, I'm going to watch videos on the tiles and try again. 

Sorry it's so long, but the game's loosing all of the fun for me because I've been doing the same missions over and over for weeks. I've been doing alerts, my mods are much better (lvl 20 enemies go down with 2-3 hits) and I've been farming for better equipment but I'm at a standstill. 

I'll get screenshots of whatever you need, mods I own/ current loadouts ect ect ect. I just really want to pass thing thing and never come back to it so I can start working *towards* something instead of sitting on a boss node!

Thank you in advance!

Get slow nova, and Aklex prime

With those 2 you will kill it in no time

This is how i solo it

9 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

Get slow nova, and Aklex prime

With those 2 you will kill it in no time

This is how i solo it

Mate, I don't think our buddy even has access to either of those. Especially since you can't get Nova without beating Raptor first!

That, and the Aklex Prime has a req of MR8.

lol... people like to anyhow suggest ideas as opposed to what the OP has.

Let's go with the stuffs you have...

Try to get serration as high as possible... rhino's iron skin, more armor + health(vitality), try to get energy siphon the aura if possible. Try to craft some ammo pizza and energy pizza. Next will be the tactic to fight them.

Iron Skin is your major. Cast it and speed run to the boss ignoring the mobs, saving ammo. Always try to get the raptor near or above the chute, so it is easier to save time to pick up and drop the bomb.

You will notice there is a shack or small single-level building at the back of the map, not those at both sides, use it to hide n peek-shoot.

You need to concentrate on shooting the raptors continuously so that their shield don't regenerate and caused more ammo waste, that is why your iron skin has to be strong. Keep an eye on it and recast as soon as when it is depleted.

First raptor, try to stay near below it as his bombardment are mostly always spread outwards. Stay at the beginning half of the room as you want to bomb either the 1st or middle chute.

Second raptor, use the shack at the back  to take cover as applicable. Aim to bomb the chute nearest to the shack.

Third raptor, draw it towards the remaining chute and use it to take cover from his laser. Once killed, you can save time to bomb the last chute.

It is doable, you need to get used to the sequence and pattern to kill them. 

I did it last time like that but with Mag and soma.

This game which the same with others, we need to use tactics to take down boss as our equipment are still not strong at the beginning. But later when you are higher in MR and have better gear... boss fights are nothing(unless it is sortie 3 which some might have problems with some bosses)

Edited by kyori

To be fair I DO have the Aklex blueprint, login reward i'm assuming? 

But thanks for the advice so far, Atleast I know what I'll be farming for, I'll work on getting Mag and enough credit to up serration more, the next level is 61k credits. Bought the Sybaris, so the Forma is building then I can make that. 

I'll rework Rhino, he has 700+ shields but that doesn't help much when the second one(?) strips them so fast. I'll bump up the armor mod and look for a good iron skin build. I have max Physique, and I'll start looking for energy Siphon. Is that only dropped by alerts? 

Worse comes to worse I'll ask in recruiting/clan chat, but tbh I want to be able to get through this without being carried so I can make sure I'm actually playing the game "right", there was an earlier boss I couldn't touch and it was because I knew nothing about this damage system, so Iv'e been trying to use this as it's own learning experience. 

So get Mag/rework rhino, put Radiation and up Serration on Latron/Sybaris/Hek, get Energy Siphon, Learn the attack patterns. 

Going underneath the bombs seems like a good idea, i'll start trying that. 

@(Xbox One)Venus Mourning

Hey, If you have a clan, see if they have an ignis. Proc that sucka for radiation and damage, and bring a few small ammo restores just in case. Iron skin up when needed, and take the raptor down.

In all seriousness though, ammo restores and radiation procs are the most helpful. I cannot emphasize it enough. 

If another primary weapon is out of the question, just grab 4 people. sit in dedicated chat, whatever. you just need four guns.

This was the hardest boss for me (apart from stalker)  when first fought it. First issue was to actually kill raptor. That was solved with sobek...stil have it, but I don't use it that much now. Then the bombs' fuse time, short as finnish summer (local joke). But yeah, once you get hang of it, It's doable boss. Ask in recruit.

IT HAS BEEN DEFEATED. 

Boltor, Radiation damage, upped ammo capacity, upped crit chance, 5 small ammo restores,  rhino and many sacrificed corpus crewmen later its done. Solo, I didn't even get a specter because I ran out :p

Getting a strategy for killing them was one of the most important things, used first raptor to kill middle hole because I couldn't really hide inside anything to avoid the rockets, second raptor killed first hole and last raptor killed last hole so I could sit inside and shoot after the lasers ended.

After adding radiation damage to the boltor their health dropped MUCH quicker than it ever has. Dos the confusion effect work on them? I swear there were several times they started going after the soldiers rather than me. 

THANK YOU! Every little thing helped, before I started the thread I'd die after 30 minutes on the first one and after using all of the advice I had all 3 down in that timespan.

The restores were one of the biggest reasons I lived, I didn't know those were a thing tbh.

One thing for certain is that I won't be getting Nova for atleast 3 months, I never want to see those things again. I'll buy her before I got back in there within the next month.  

11 hours ago, (Xbox One)Venus Mourning said:

After adding radiation damage to the boltor their health dropped MUCH quicker than it ever has. Dos the confusion effect work on them? I swear there were several times they started going after the soldiers rather than me. 

I don't know if raptor can be affected by procs (bosses are weird as some can and some can't) but radiation does an extra 75% against raptor as an alloy armor enemy.

You are basically at a point in the game where such simple element changes really matter and you will probably need different loadouts for different enemy types. Continue studying the damage types and how they interplay with each faction. Pretty soon you will claim your place as a Pokemon mast...I mean, Tenno of all trades.

15 hours ago, (Xbox One)Venus Mourning said:

Yes, it does work.  Not only will it cause the Raptors to attack corpus units, but it will cause the corpus units to fire back at the Raptor and help you deal damage.

On 7/4/2017 at 2:43 PM, (Xbox One)Venus Mourning said:

One thing for certain is that I won't be getting Nova for atleast 3 months, I never want to see those things again. I'll buy her before I got back in there within the next month.  

I still need to obtain a couple pieces for her and have no problem running that mission. If you want to collect her parts to get it done with, add me and hit me up (GT: OmniDevil). I'm down to farm that boss with ya.