Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We really need an option to mute the Queens. And Lotus. And Perrin. And everything that's not game sound.

DoomFruit

One thing that really bugs me about the game's sound is how I hear the same dialogue again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and...

Yes, I know that you'll grind the grineer-into-miniature-overhyphenated-dumplings when I jump through one of the red and black hoops clouds. Yes, I know that they're going to execute the prisoner if someone tall, yellow and clutching a sniper rifle touches a console. Yes, I know that I'm bad for your business. I DON'T CARE.

Can we please get an option to either not play and show all dialogue which we've heard 5 times already, or if that would involve too many back-end changes, an option to disable all in-game dialogue completely (and if so, possibly a reminder upon starting a quest that one may wish to disable said option if it's active). I really don't need to hear some spoiled thousand year old brat throw a tantrum when I destroy my eight hundredth floating four-limbed vacuum.

It is a part of the game but I am agree with you some of these phrases are annoying when you hear it all the time. When Lotus says you must hurry or there is a prisoner in a cell find him etc are annoying and once in the begin of the mission is enough if she says. Another problem is there is not enough variety in the cutscenes and the characters line are low and needs much more sentences.

5 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

There is. You can mute transmissions in options. More specifically there is a dedicated transmission volume slider in the Audio tab of the options menu.

But it doesn't stop the window popping up for useless transmissions, and it mutes the ones that might be useful.

58 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

But it doesn't stop the window popping up for useless transmissions, and it mutes the ones that might be useful.

OP seemed to be asking for audio specific changes. That being said I can see the merits in being able to block transmissions entirely. Although that too would also remove potentially useful ones.

2 hours ago, StinkyPygmy said:

OP seemed to be asking for audio specific changes. That being said I can see the merits in being able to block transmissions entirely. Although that too would also remove potentially useful ones.

That's a risk that I'm willing to take. And yes, I did mean it in terms of blocking both the audio and the annoying talking head overlay.

Completely open communications are something that seriously pisses me off in both interactive and non-interactive entertainment. Why the hell would you let the enemy talk to you over radio during the middle of a battle. Even worse, why would you let them play video to you? How did they get the encoding, frequency(ies), encryption keys and whatever else for the (presumably?) scrambled communications that you're using?

• 3 weeks later...

To add my own opinion:

I agree that there is way too much speech, especially from Lotus. When I am helping someone farming a frame, for example Rhino, Lotus will keep speaking for the entire mission.
And when there is a synthesis target in addition, she won't let Simaris get to speak his emergency sentence (do not damage it further [he will say it even if you didn't reveal it via the scanner yet, thus warning you that you are about to kill precious standing]). This has lead many times to me being frustrated because the target got killed. And yes, scanning a target is fine for me personally, since if done right, it takes about 15 seconds time.

But back to topic:
I personally wish for a button to mute "unnecessary" speech, be it info about the boss, about that the data will be destroyed on spy missions or whatever.
But stop: I do not wish for muting her completely. When she mentions that I have to kill a boss or do extract data once at the beginning of the mission then that is fine.

But:
Why not add an info into the loading screen and ESC-menu? Press Tab/ESC and see the mission type, faction, mission name and planet in addition to the other info you see?
This would render her reminding speeches more towards my previously mentioned "unnecessary" speeches, allowing experienced players (or players that are fed up by her speeches) to quite completely mute the Lotus, except for cases like someone alerted the prison wardens and the execution timer for the hostage started.