Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Prime Looks Less "Buff" Than Normal Oberon

After buying Oberon Prime and trying to customize him myself, I noticed that he looks kinda less buff than the normal Oberon, especially the shoulders. The shoulder armors looks out of place on his Prime skin compared to on his normal skin, as seen here:

Prime

20170703222213_1.jpg

Normal

20170703222225_1.jpg

I don't suppose there's a way that there can be any consideration done in tweaking his shoulders? Last I recall, the normal Oberon did hit the gym and got buffer arms than he initially did.

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Regular Oberon has built in shoulder pads that his decorations go on top of while Oberon Prime doesn't have them, for some reason.

The arms, themselves, are just as thin as they always were.

Perhaps do the same for Oberon Prime as well? :>

His Prime skin would rock better with bigger biceps~

3 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

Regular Oberon has built in shoulder pads that his decorations go on top of while Oberon Prime doesn't have them, for some reason.

yea Oberon Prime doesn't have that druidic shoulders , that is why his shoulders look less buff than his regular counter-part.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Joshhwwaaaaaa said:

Oberon Prime was a missed opportunity in terms of design for sure (IMO) however, the Feyarch Skin is still one of the best Deluxe Skins in the game. 

gKqNY.gif

Yeah! you're right!  This clears up everything!

I do prefer his normal pauldrons, its a shame his Prime variant doesn't have the decoration on top of his armored shoulder pads but perhaps its to tie their aesthetic together. You know, while I think DE answered before that Oberon just doesn't 'do arm day' perhaps he could have a miscellaneous slot to give him bracers or other arm armor?

3 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Take a closer look, is all I'll ask.

Then ask yourself, what would happen if the pieces were glued differently.

Spoiler

They would deform. Best solution possible for rigging is the one they used.

Just now, NightmareT12 said:

Take a closer look, is all I'll ask.

Then ask yourself, what would happen if the pieces were glued differently.

Reveal hidden contents

They would deform. Best solution possible for rigging is the one they used.

You're acting like they couldn't have just redesigned his shoulders before shipping him. Not a single implication was made for them to just port them over from the base Oberon model, but I'll thank you for the assumption.

24 minutes ago, Chipputer said:

You're acting like they couldn't have just redesigned his shoulders before shipping him. Not a single implication was made for them to just port them over from the base Oberon model, but I'll thank you for the assumption.

I don't think you understood anything. The pads are there, they are a part of the shoulder armor itself. Had they left the pads meshed in the main body, the rest would clip badly because the pads would stretch during any animations, while the rest wouldn't. If they had, say, put the whole thing as the same mesh (even if different geometry), like the Warframes were before the armor was a thing, then the circular areas would deform during any animation such as blocking.

I've seen and reported enough of these models and textures each day during the last almost 4 years so as to know exactly when an issue would arise when doing certain things. Hence, the direction they took was the best one.

Now, if you expect them to change it, don't hold your breath. It's unusual for them to change a mesh afterwards, and even more so taking into account that they might have already explored the ideas of what I expressed above.

Bonus clip:

The way these ones came out like they are is because of the above, most likely.

EDIT: Sounds actually harsher than it should, so sorry if it gives that impression.

EDIT 2: For a more graphic comparision:

Spoiler

Warframe2337.jpg

Warframe2338.jpg

Edited by NightmareT12

• 2 weeks later...

Oberon is one of the tallest, but also the most un-macho given how big he is.

Still has some kind of beer belly, and if you see his Prime variant his torso is just HUGE compared to his old one.

Sometimes he looks cute but most of the time I just don't see... ugh. That's just me.

• 3 years later...
On 2017-07-12 at 4:42 PM, Lorienzo said:

Oberon is one of the tallest, but also the most un-macho given how big he is.

Still has some kind of beer belly, and if you see his Prime variant his torso is just HUGE compared to his old one.

Sometimes he looks cute but most of the time I just don't see... ugh. That's just me.

Yeah he gives off a druid vibe coz of his defult color scheme and his 2nd skill , there are usually two types of druids : buff big tall druid with a pelt , or short more wizard like druid . and oberon is the first one but he's arms are still too thin , he looks kinda like a witch .