Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void: Containers behind walls

(PSN)drpunk-yo

Question

There's a specific area that's really really annoying me and I'd love to know how to get to the containers. I'll do my best to describe the particular area...

It starts with stairs and when you get to the top of the stairs there's a gate. You step on a pressure pad and it opens the gate. Beyond the gate are two iced walkways with two death orbs in between the walkways. At either end of the walkways are rooms that have containers behind the walls. The containers are too far away to be destroyed with an explosive weapon. Lasers sometimes activate in front of the wall I'm talking about.

I've spent far too long looking around for ways to get there. It's really doing my head in. I know that they'll contain rubbish but I can't help that nagging feeling that that's where the Rage mod is hiding.

What's the trick? Have I described the area well enough?

P.S. I know I could probably watch youtube vids but I can't really watch vids at the moment what with being at wo... err... being in the library.:highfive:

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

11 answers to this question

If I'm thinking of the same room as you, you have to get to the other end of the room as fast as possible once you open the gate. Once you hit the pressure plate, the gate opens, but the lasers/orbs also activate, and there is a wall that slowly comes down over the room with the crates etc at the other end.

Basically, if you open the gate and then gun it to the other end (generally I just bullet jump over the ice), then you can get under the wall mechanism. There's another pressure plate in that loot room which stops the wall and pulls it back up so you can escape. 

If you can get me a print screen because i'm not sure if its the right one.

If yeah its actualy a large circular pressure plat taht opens the gate at the end and there is also lockers in it. 

funny thing you can never do both hidden rooms at the same time ( one will always still be locked ) sec ill get you a video ^.^ 

is it the one at 6:49?

Yeah old video for the win ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

7 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

There's a specific area that's really really annoying me and I'd love to know how to get to the containers. I'll do my best to describe the particular area...

It starts with stairs and when you get to the top of the stairs there's a gate. You step on a pressure pad and it opens the gate. Beyond the gate are two iced walkways with two death orbs in between the walkways. At either end of the walkways are rooms that have containers behind the walls. The containers are too far away to be destroyed with an explosive weapon. Lasers sometimes activate in front of the wall I'm talking about.

I've spent far too long looking around for ways to get there. It's really doing my head in. I know that they'll contain rubbish but I can't help that nagging feeling that that's where the Rage mod is hiding.

What's the trick? Have I described the area well enough?

P.S. I know I could probably watch youtube vids but I can't really watch vids at the moment what with being at wo... err... being in the library.:highfive:

I know that map part what you are saying but I don't know how to get there. There should be a secret way to go there or a panel to step but I tried to get inside by trying to go to the outside where that great hall have. Under nothing up nothing and mostly there is no way there. I tried also go under the walkway and I guess somewhere there are some panel which opens the two secret rooms.

6 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

If you can get me a print screen because i'm not sure if its the right one.

If yeah its actualy a large circular pressure plat taht opens the gate at the end and there is also lockers in it. 

funny thing you can never do both hidden rooms at the same time ( one will always still be locked ) sec ill get you a video ^.^ 

is it the one at 6:31 ?

Not the side ones in your video its in the beginning of this hallway. There is back a dead end looking part of this great room where behind have another room.

Edited by Sziklamester

4 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

If I'm thinking of the same room as you, you have to get to the other end of the room as fast as possible once you open the gate. Once you hit the pressure plate, the gate opens, but the lasers/orbs also activate, and there is a wall that slowly comes down over the room with the crates etc at the other end.

Basically, if you open the gate and then gun it to the other end (generally I just bullet jump over the ice), then you can get under the wall mechanism. There's another pressure plate in that loot room which stops the wall and pulls it back up so you can escape. 

Ahhhhhhhh, so it's a timed thing.

No wonder I've never got anywhere with it cos I spend all my time at the first wall. Shooting it. Swearing at it.

Sweet. Thank you very much.

Take note that at random, that gate can spawn already opened with the floor  switch not working. So in this case there is no way to get behind the wall since it is already closed. 

On the opposite side of the hall (where you start) there is a similar wall with containers behind it too. This one you will never be able to reach. They designed it this way because this particular tile set can be approached from either side due to the randomization of map generation, and IF the floor panel is active and the gate is closed, you are given the chance to do the speed run to reach one of the secret rooms.

The void is filled with many such unreachable secret compartment rooms that may/may not open when stepping on switches that may/may not work. This is annoying when there are syndicate medallions and rare containers behind them.

57 minutes ago, MystMan said:

The void is filled with many such unreachable secret compartment rooms that may/may not open when stepping on switches that may/may not work. This is annoying when there are syndicate medallions and rare containers behind them.

and that's the reason i hate sindacates missions on the void, i always hope to not find those rooms or i'll probably miss some medallion

i think that they should fix this in some way that allows medallions (and crates) to spawn only in the reachable ones