The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scourge and Endura: A new style of weapon?

Both the scourge and the endura are marketed as tenno weapons. However, when I look at these weapons, I don't see them being of tenno design.

Tigris is a tenno weapon. Boltor is a tenno weapon. Sybaris is a tenno weapon.

Many of these tenno weapons have a similar thread to their designs, which is a combination of wood and polished metal that is reminiscent of fine guns and gunsmiths from the past. In short, they're the kind of guns real-life people today might have on display.

Tenno melee weapons are also in the niche of what might be considered 'masterwork' weapons today; the nikanas represent the famous katana, the tipedo and the tonbo represent older polearms used in some martial arts, etc.

The scourge and the endura, however, take a different thread. The endura's diversion is quite obvious; its twin rapier blades are tipped in suspiciously organic looking claws. The hilt also has small, leaf-shaped bits that aren't rigidly attatched to the weapon; they will move about slightly as if being carried by a breeze. At first I thought it was an infested weapon, but it doesn't have the same look that the existing infested weapons do either; dual ichor and mios to name two are nasty, malicious looking things that seem to have been carved out of meat, fat and bone.

The scourge is different as well: when you fire it, the two 'limbs' of its head will flare out, as if releasing a held charge. Additionally, its reload animation seems a bit exotic. two pieces of the head of the gun will flare out, and then the entire spear(or maybe just the head of the spear? I haven't slow-mo'ed it in captura yet) is spun around, ejecting the old mags in the process. Tactical Potato commented that it looks sentient, but I'm not sure.

I've come to the conclusion that these new weapons are not forged by tenno gunsmiths, as most of the current tenno guns are, but rather use the same technology that warframes use. It's almost certain that warframes use a strain of the infested in order to function, and the second dream shows us that warframes are capable of acting on their own accord. This explains the organic nature of endura, and also explains what and why the scourge's limbs bend and snap back similarly to a bow's limbs: the gun is at least partially automated by a controlled strain of the infested virus; the same strain that keeps our warframes functioning.

What do you guys think about the origins of endura and scourge?

Tenno weapons seem to have two major art style.

Most of them look like traditional weapon with wood and metal decorations. But some of them have organic looking. Such as Glaive, Kestral, Cernos, and Daikyu.

Edited by yles9056