Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trying to survive with Harrow

Kronxito

Question

Today's 3rd sortie I tried it with harrow with no deaths but I always die once haha.

200% strength

156% duration

130% efficiency

100% range

Also primed vigor+vitality

I think I need some help because I like this frame but, for me, its getting tough playing with him.

10 answers to this question

What is your current build? Might be helpful for those helping you, so they can suggest things based on your play/modding style. 

The stats only tell me so much, it would be a lot of work to extrapolate most of your full build from that. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

32 minutes ago, DP_KRoM said:

I think I need some help because I like this frame but, for me, its getting tough playing with him.

Best advice I can give you is get a bit more play time under you before trying sortie level enemies.  Get to know the flow of the abilities and how they interact with each other until playing him feels smooth and second nature.

Survive on Mot in the void for 20 minutes without any problems a few times and you might have better luck.

Unless you've done all that already in which case disregard all I've said.  I just usually try to get a feel for a frame first before testing my reflexes in high level gameplay.

Like with Limbo, I can barely survive with him on Sedna, there's no way I'd take him to Sortie 3 missions.

You need to elaborate more on your play style with harrow as well as add the weapons you use. For example did you use thurible at all in the middle of combat? Do you make it a habit to never stop bullet jumping? Are you tanking the enemy using 1 hoping that you regen shields fast enough? Are you tanking the enemy using 2 hoping that your life steal keeps up? 

My personal style for harrow is using thurible under cover/bullet jumping to build 10-20 energy per kill, then cast 4, 2, then spam 1 till penance runs out and repeat. This way I dont die from penance and have a head start on Condemn to shut down the enemy and regain shields. As far as positioning, I monitor the map to make sure im not being flanked otherwise I'd get downed anyway. Sheilds are useless in sorties when youre under heavy fire(shield gate would change that though) and harrows armor is not good enough for steel fiber/vitality/rage. 

https://goo.gl/zCy8ww this is somewhere along the lines of my build although ive been swapping natural talent/streamline/stretch on and off. 

I dont mod for range because I only ever pub or solo. This means that people either stick to me when they want energy and i grope them accordingly or they dont care and have their energy under control. Basically, I dont want to waste a few mod slots to shove energy down their thoats.  

As far as weapons are concerned somaP/akstilletoP does an awesome job at delivering surprise crits. Lets face it intentionally criting is as successful as shot gunning them in the chest. 

Edited by babywrath
Forgot Condemn needed some range. 3rd paragraph

59 minutes ago, DP_KRoM said:

Today's 3rd sortie I tried it with harrow with no deaths but I always die once haha.

200% strength

156% duration

130% efficiency

100% range

Also primed vigor+vitality

Drop the P Vigor and Vitality and put on Redirection, that will give 3500 with over shields.

You need to increase range to max out Condemn castings

8 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

Drop the P Vigor and Vitality and put on Redirection, that will give 3500 with over shields.

You need to increase range to max out Condemn castings

But why? Shields are not affected by Armor and penance has a cap on duration, you know? Also, Harrow has a life steal ability, so why not make use of that? 

Just now, bluepheonix13 said:

But why? Shields are not affected by Armor and penance has a cap on duration, you know? Also, Harrow has a life steal ability, so why not make use of that? 

I agree with this man here. IMO vitality does well enough to delay death from slash/toxin whilst shields increase level of enemies before shield becomes obsolete. Then again the extra shields will give good enough duration for penance without needing to spam condemn first. Saves up on energy i suppose. 

If want to survival then concentrate on his power 1. Max out its properties to give you more overshiekds.

Use his 3 based on situation because if in eximus mission where all your energy are drained, this power is utterly useless  

Harrow's power can't kil by themselves so you'll need good weapons. 

Well... Harrow has about 5,280 eHP with Vitality + Primed Vigor + Max Overshields. It doesn't take much to drop that,

Esp when his only CC ability is a frontal wave with travel time that doesn't go up stairs and gets obstructed by just about everything.

Harrow has amazing recovery but certain enemies like Napalms or Techs are going to kill him regardless so his only hope is to CC them.

There's nothing esp wrong with your build. I use a 282% Duration and a 235% Range build myself. I don't find Power Strength all that rewarding on him. It will increase Fire Rate and Reload Speeds but the other stats like Energy Gain, Shield Gain, Life Steal can be improved to some degree by using either Range or Duration.

I think Harrow was made with shield gating in mind or he is a test subject for it. Something. I dunno.