Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Awesome update when it comes but as a Founder, not as happy as I could be.

SolarDwagon

4 minutes ago, Xiusa said:

Those same files label Oberon as "Paladin" and Mesa as "Cowgirl" yet those are not their names in-game. Things change and/or are not accurate in the final product

you know about "that" problem right? the screenshots? the profile screenshots? it showed "Excalibur Umbra", not "Excalibur Umbra Prime"
it's a controversial problemm, really controversial

Just now, Z3GR4M said:

I think it would be fair, you guys get an excal p lite, founders get the best part of umbra, the scarf.

*gets angry at the lack of recognition*

*ahem*

What I meant is, the way the scarf might be built to be working around the Umbra mesh and all... It might be an Auxiliary for Umbra, but it's not a Syandana. In fact in file distribution it is part of Umbra. In no way we'll get that for normal Prime (not that I'd use it anyways).

As a Grandmaster, and an adult who doesn't care about exclusivity - this doesn't bother me. It looks sufficiently unique in its own way, with the cloth added and whatnot... In fact, I WANT IT. And I want others to enjoy it as well.

Just now, Levirei said:

you know about "that" problem right? the screenshots? the profile screenshots? it showed "Excalibur Umbra", not "Excalibur Umbra Prime"
it's a controversial problemm, really controversial

I'm referring to the string files and such. Even then, things get put into the game with names that aren't entirely final either. Makes no real difference in the end though since it's just a different name even though it's 100% identical

Oh great. Another Founder who thinks he can still demand special treatment. I thought we'd moved past this.

Excal Umbra was never a "mistake" that would be confined to China, we were always going to get him. Excal Umbra looks totally different to Excal Prime. 

Exclusivity is an utterly anti-consumer practice by nature, so I'm glad everyone is getting the chance to grab this frame.

1 minute ago, Xiusa said:

I'm referring to the string files and such. Even then, things get put into the game with names that aren't entirely final either. Makes no real difference in the end though since it's just a different name even though it's 100% identical

In this case they already said "Umbra Prime" would be for China and we'd get same model but labeled as "Umbra" only. @(Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako, our Umbra curator, can lead you to sources of what I say I think :P

8 minutes ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Oh great. Another Founder who thinks he can still demand special treatment. I thought we'd moved past this.

Excal Umbra was never a "mistake" that would be confined to China, we were always going to get him. Excal Umbra looks totally different to Excal Prime. 

Exclusivity is an utterly anti-consumer practice by nature, so I'm glad everyone is getting the chance to grab this frame.

1 minute ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Why?  It's not Excal Prime so you'll still have the whole "I'm a founder look what I have that you don't" thing so many founder's seem so smitten by.

Look at the helm and bodywork. Look at Excal Prime. They're very, very similar.
Like I've clarified in my first post. I am all for Umbra. What I'm not for is Umbra being simply a Prime reskin when they specifically said that they would not rerelease Excal Prime. While technically correct, I still don't think it's acting in good faith.

2 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Again, though, it isn't Excal Prime.  It's a different Frame.  Excal Prime is still exclusive to Founder's so you get to keep your exclusive Frame while everyone else has a chance to get something comparable.

You are, quite literally, complaining about something that won't actually negatively impact you in the slightest but will, in fact, be beneficial to a majority of the user base of the game all on the basis of "mah exclusives!"  

Edited by (PS4)horridhal

Just now, SolarDwagon said:

You're right. Umbra does look like Excal Prime, except Umbra looks better.

But on a more serious note, Umbra is most likely going to be different in some way from Excal/Excal Prime. Just give some time for it to come out before drawing your own conclusions before you even know what's fully coming.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Why?  It's not Excal Prime so you'll still have the whole "I'm a founder look what I have that you don't" thing so many founder's seem so smitten by.

nah most founders just think its a matter that should not come up anymore. Prime was said to be exclusive, he still is, done. Its just that those same people actually see no need to be vocal about these things.

41 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

But... Um(totallynotPrimeweswear)bra is rather a kick in the nuts to those Founders who bought "exclusives". If the helmet wasn't so blatantly Prime it might be less so but... you painted Excal Prime (that thing you swore you would never rerelease) black and said it was something new. That's not really acting in good faith.

I need to make something clear. I'm not anti Umbra. I'm anti Umbra being Excal Prime repainted with a tiny cosmetic change.

Elitist mindset 

Just now, Airwolfen said:

most founders

Nowhere in my post were these words uttered.

That said, as I stated, many founders do get off on the whole "neener neener look what I have that you don't" nonsense.  That's evident from the fact that there even was a debate over the subject and, ultimately, access was limited.

1 minute ago, (PS4)horridhal said:

Nowhere in my post were these words uttered.

That said, as I stated, many founders do get off on the whole "neener neener look what I have that you don't" nonsense.  That's evident from the fact that there even was a debate over the subject and, ultimately, access was limited.

I was in no way trying to attack your statement. just assuring you that most of us are chill about these things. :clem:

34 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

But... Um(totallynotPrimeweswear)bra is rather a kick in the nuts to those Founders who bought "exclusives". If the helmet wasn't so blatantly Prime it might be less so but... you painted Excal Prime (that thing you swore you would never rerelease) black and said it was something new. That's not really acting in good faith.

I need to make something clear. I'm not anti Umbra. I'm anti Umbra being Excal Prime repainted with a tiny cosmetic change.

Umbra Excal is not Excal Prime... Nitpicking like that makes you sound like an elitist jerk.  "But right now the helmet looks very similar in style to Excalibur Prime's main helmet" .... I mean its gold? Other than that no real similarities....  and the bodywork is quite similar outside the prime hooks. I mean... its Excal? Of course the bodywork is similar its still Excaliber?!?!? Excalibur and Excal Prime share similar bodies too... and Prime Hooks? They are just hooks... dont just label stuff prime because it is gold.Excalibur Umbra Prime is the Chinese version. Pretty sure this is just Excaliber Umbra. 

Maybe it's because I'm a console tenno and never had the chance for a founders pack, but I think this is exactly what the community needs. Excal prime can stay exclusive don't give a crap about your mastery fodder that you keep locked away in your orbiter. 

Give us umbra as is

40 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

As a founder, i don't understand this moaning, and to cut to the chase, whatever Umbra is or is not, founders will end up with Excal Umbra & Excal Prime, so the exclusive factor will still be there, and basically i'm just lucky to have been in the 'right place at  the right time' to be a founder & have something special. Founders that moan about exclusivity need to show more respect & act like responsible community founding members, let's just be content with the 'extra shineys' we have, it's a virtual game world, please don't breed contempt, it really doesn't add to the fun!

Typical, the "he looks the same" as Prime. What were you expecting? Almost all the primes (except a few) look "similar" to their base frames, Umbra does not and should not change this fact. It is a different frame but it is based on Excalibur, hence it will look similar. 

This "I am a founder so it shouldn't look similar" is utter elitest-nonsense. Try playing on the platform where we don't even have Excalibur Prime. You are clutching at straws, be happy that you even have Excalibur Prime.

23 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

They're very, very similar.
Like I've clarified in my first post. I am all for Umbra. 

Firstly, no they are not. Umbra has a different body shape and details. They both share an Excalibur theme funnily enough though.

Secondly you are very clearly not for Umbra at all since you refer to him as a mistake and a kick in the teeth. Desperately trying to say he's a repainted Excal P also doesn't give off the impression of someone who is for Umbra.

We saw many threads like these come up when Umbra was first seen. I know it may be hard for you to accept, but Umbra is coming and he will be avalaible for everyone. Just because he looks better than the Prime, doesn't give you the right to feel "betrayed". You still have your exclusive Excalibur. Suck it up and stop being so petty.

Edited by TheGodofWiFi

55 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

there is a megathread were we gathered all our knowledge of this topic , thanks to users involve din megathread (v1 -v3) 

here is a link if you want to review it 

but ill drop a summation for general briefing 

while back stararmor -aka chinaframe- got a founders guy called excalibur umbra prime 

due to discovering this many had outrage/anger ..salt and then it was discussed that this frame model/type was to be the first in a new warframe line called umbras , side grades to primes is so far what weve gathered , its not simply a skin, and has its own lore and place within the game separate from excal prime and vanilla excalibur , meaning they are different , and presumably have different stats 

Spoiler

Per [DE]Danielle:

Hey Tenno, 

Although we appreciate the intrigue we have shared all available plans for Excalibur Umbra at this time on the Forums and in Devstreams #58#61#64, and #65. Simply put, we do not want to release Umbra as a reskin. Instead, we are focused on giving it systemic depth and integrating it as a unique component to the game. 

We will continue to update you here on the Forums and in the devstreams as we work to develop Umbra's overall concept. 

Thank you ^.^

so its not that Excalibur Prime is  returning.

Umbra Excalibur Prime has different stats from the global builds Excalibur Prime, and is limited to the Chinese version of Warframe which for all intents and purposes is an entirely different game.

Excalibur Umbra itself is going to be a direct upgrade to the standard Excalibur warframe that will be available to all tenno new and old on the global. 

both umbra and prime frames are entirely separate entities for user use 

umbras model has many changes when compared to the Excalibur prime, not just the helmet and scarf , their are many small detail changes also on the model

as for powers we assume it to be the same as an excalibur but hopefully umbras have their own " umbra passive  " or at least "mechanic" that separates them from other types to bring squad dynamics 

if you have questions or require images or comparisons im happy to provide them, but all material are available in megathread and your convenience