Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Prime + Artax

tischkanteVS

4 minutes ago, Ultimate_Vault_Hunter said:

Did you take off Carrier's attack mod? I did that once. Carrier will not attack without it.

THIS.

Sentinels need their exact mod responsible for attack to... attack.

I can use whatever sentinel weapon on any sentinel.

9 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Hard to know considering the Artax is considered to be like an Mk1 weapon and not intended to be used ever again once you get something like Carrier.

Nah, you can use Atrax freely.

2 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

THIS.

Sentinels need their exact mod responsible for attack to... attack.

I can use whatever sentinel weapon on any sentinel.

I am ready for an Artax Prime though. The way i set it up is more like a Gammacore.

Edited by Ultimate_Vault_Hunter

11 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Hard to know considering the Artax is considered to be like an Mk1 weapon and not intended to be used ever again once you get something like Carrier.

I see a lot of people (I'm one of them) using Artax in sorties for cold procs. If you use Condition Overload, it's an extra 60% damage on your melee weapon, plus a little free CC. It can also make finding enemies easier sometimes, lol.

2 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

You can use Mk1s freely too, doesn't mean they intend you to use them beyond the early levels of the game. Steve flat out said this is a Tutorial Sentinel and weapon that aren't meant to be used at higher levels because it's specifically designed to not perform on the same level as other sentinels and Rivens are specifically not available for it to bring Artax up to snuff (The few that are out there are a result of a bug).

2 hours ago, Calvyr said:

I see a lot of people (I'm one of them) using Artax in sorties for cold procs. If you use Condition Overload, it's an extra 60% damage on your melee weapon, plus a little free CC. It can also make finding enemies easier sometimes, lol.

Creative use of something isn't the same as official endorsement. There's a number of things people do in the game that aren't officially sanctioned but they've said they don't see much benefit in preventing them officially either.

Edited by Ceryk

2 hours ago, Ceryk said:

You can use Mk1s freely too, doesn't mean they intend you to use them beyond the early levels of the game. Steve flat out said this is a Tutorial Sentinel and weapon that aren't meant to be used at higher levels because it's specifically designed to not perform on the same level as other sentinels and Rivens are specifically not available for it to bring Artax up to snuff (The few that are out there are a result of a bug).

Wait wait wait... you want to tell me that I can't use whatever I want because it wont kill enemies? But, but... I use Atrax for its utility... not for its almost ZERO damage even on the beginning. I got every sentinel's weapons build for utility... 

2 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

Wait wait wait... you want to tell me that I can't use whatever I want because it wont kill enemies? But, but... I use Atrax for its utility... not for its almost ZERO damage even on the beginning. I got every sentinel's weapons build for utility... 

I totally agree with THeMoonN85; I think we are confusing 2 different things:

TAXON = This is the sentinel.

ARTAX = This is a weapon

Even when the ARTAX has the lowest base damage of all Sentinel weapons, if you consider its utility it can go with you really deep into the Star Chart. It has a 100% proc on cold, which synergies amazingly well with Condition Overload and Healing Return;

Furthermore, the cold proc slowdown enemies, which is really useful in many scenarios particularly when in highly crowed missions like Mot; 

Finally, in my own experience, the fact that this weapon doesn't deal puncture, impact or slash damage, makes the Sentinel (whichever using it, not only the TAXON) less attractive for enemies, as soon as you equip a "strong" weapon (i.e. a weapon dealing damage like the Deth Machine Rifle for example) the Sentinel will become a floating bullseye for that level 40 heavy gunner (or whoever).

As a side note, the fact that you really have to Mod (for increasing accuracy for example) the ARTAX, makes it not as friendly and one would though, so I would hardly consider it "potty training" for Tennos.

I would place the ARTAX in the same page with the STINGER (DJINN's signature/default weapon) and the VULKLOK (DIRIGA's signature/default weapon) easily. 

Edited by RubenRosas

5 hours ago, Ceryk said:

The Artax is my favorite sentinel weapon. Freezing enemies is very useful. 

5 hours ago, tischkanteVS said:

Hai,

Artax is not Shooting at all when its Equipped on Carrier

Intended or bug?

The ARTAX has an inherent low accuracy, and since it takes Riffle Mods, accuracy can't be improved at the moment... Furthermore, the ARTAX has a limited range of 30m so keep that in mind...

3 hours ago, THeMooN85 said:

You are literally quoting the part where I say you can use Mk1s (or equivalent in this case) all you want even if you are meant to replace them with something more powerful... and then ask something sarcastic like that? Really?

Edited by Ceryk

12 hours ago, Ceryk said:

You are literally quoting the part where I say you can use Mk1s (or equivalent in this case) all you want even if you are meant to replace them with something more powerful... and then ask something sarcastic like that? Really?

I don't know, I played earlier this year with a guy playing pre buff Oberon and an MK1 Braton on ODS, he was pretty beastly.

Edited by Ultimate_Vault_Hunter

Hmm, weird... I love the Artax! Especially, with Condition Overload on my Silva and Aegis Prime with Oberon Prime. It wrecks! 

I've felt as though equipping other Sentinel weapons on Carrier Prime has the effect of not showing the shots from said weapons. 

It will also not show up sometimes on regular Carrier. This is with the Striker mod installed. I'm pretty sure it is a bug.