Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave isn't funny, it is unbalanced and rage inducing

Ariel19_98

13 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

3) Mods

This part sucks! As if it wasn't enough to nerf the weapons and Warframes to the minimum of power, we can't even use our mods. And the mods we receive only make it easier to kill you! I got a mod that said that it would give me +1/s every second. What did I got? NOTHING! NO REGEN, AND SHIELDS RELOADING 50% SLOWER! It doesn't work, it simply doesn't work!

Turn off Recruit Conditioning. Having it on disables Gold Conclave mods.

Hey now. Teshin doesn't deserve your S#&$. warframe isn't a comedy. Conclave isn't supposed to be funny. Also. It's called balance. Would be kinda BS if you've got constant full heal and god mode + one shot sliding slash attack to fight against.

Edited by maj.death

6 minutes ago, maj.death said:

Hey now. Teshin doesn't deserve your S#&$. warframe isn't a comedy. Conclave isn't supposed to be funny. Also. It's called balance. Would be kinda BS if you've got constant full heal and god mode + one shot sliding slash attack to fight against.

There is fun in being rewarded. You are not rewarded in this game mode. A lucky guy hits you with a Bo, you lose. An enemy thousands of miles away hirs you once, you are dead. You build Warframes to be deadly and resistant, but here, they are mere pupets. There is no balance as you said

Edited by Ariel19_98
I wanted

I think the best thing for Conclave would be a tier system. Where Warframe keeps track of players KDR or something and matchmakes people with similar tiers instead of pairing absolute noobs up with pros who only care about farming us. I really want the Captura scenes from Conclave, but I cant get them because I cant win matches and complete the challenges for the extra standing...

13 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

There is fun in being rewarded. You are not rewarded in this game mode. A lucky guy hits you with a Bo, you lose. An enemy thousands of miles away hirs you once, you are dead. You build Warframes to be deadly and resistant, but here, they are mere pupets. There is no balance as you said

and you can do the same to the other person. One lucky hit with your Mk1-Paris, the enemy is down. A few consecutive hit with your skana, the opponent is on the ground. Remember this: In Conclave the things that happen to you can happen to the enemy as well.

I'd like to start off by showing everyone that the OP has only played approximately 5-6 matches of Conclave, less than an hour of playtime.

a9ac5dbc0b.png

Now that we see the statistics show the OP has basically no credibility whatsoever, let's go on to the actual content of the post and explore all the strategies the OP uses to turn zero credibility into negative credibility.

40 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

The weapons in this game mode are either too weak or too OP. A shotgun can't deal a miserable amount of damage, but those throwing knives that should be weak are waaay to over powered.

Nonsense.
Shotguns deal incredible damage... at close range.
Obviously you're not gonna win a snipe-off with your Strun.

Also, projectile weapons generally have slightly superior DPS to make up for the difficulty of landing projectile hits.

All warframs suck in this game mode. My valkyr wasn't even a shadow of itself, my Oberon can't heal himself without running out of energy, but a frost can surely kill you with one skill, because you got the shield and health of a corpus crewman on level 1!

Well, obviously.
Are you mad that you can't perma-Hysteria your way across the battlefield?
This is PvP we're talking about here.
Press-4-to-win Warframe powers are okay in PvE because the AI isn't gonna complain, but such powers would be terrible for a competitive environment.

Not forgetting the fact that the frames are as slow as a turtle!

This is gross exaggeration.
If you're unsatisfied with your frame's movement, then play a faster build.

And your powers deal absolutely no damage!

Really? Because earlier you said: "but a frost can surely kill you with one skill, because you got the shield and health of a corpus crewman on level 1!"
Try to reconcile those statements for me.

And the skill comes off even WITHOUT A TARGET!

Yes. Here in Conclave, we like to call that "skillful aiming requirement".
So you can't just spam 1 everywhere until you happen to hit.

This part sucks! As if it wasn't enough to nerf the weapons and Warframes to the minimum of power, we can't even use our mods.

Lmao

Obviously you can't use PvE mods. That would be disgustingly imbalanced.

I got out with low rank Excalibur who didn't even had a weapon besides a weak skana, and what was on the enemy team? A rank 13 Rhino Prime! How are we supposed to have fun and a balanced, rewarding game when we are put in teams that are meant to lose?! Fix that! Make so it can only be teams with players of same Mastery Ranks. That would be fair.

Mastery Rank isn't even good for indicating skill in PvE.
You think it has any bearing on skill in PvP?

DE, I held myself until now, because you don't have an espect of idea of how much I want to swear this game mode. To put it simple: Remake Conclave so it is fair, funny and rewarding

"Remake Conclave so that I can win and everyone else can lose!"

Edited by SevenLetterKWord

6 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

and you can do the same to the other person. One lucky hit with your Mk1-Paris, the enemy is down. A few consecutive hit with your skana, the opponent is on the ground. Remember this: In Conclave the things that happen to you can happen to the enemy as well.

Oh well, try to do it when you are dead at the spawn point! You dive, roll, bullet jump the heck out of their aim, and what happen? The arrow from a weak Paris Mk 1 gains the hitbox of a wall and hits you anyway. Everything works against you (me). This game is frustrating. Warframe is meant for pve, not PvP

6 minutes ago, SevenLetterKWord said:

Nonsense.
Shotguns deal incredible damage... at close range.
Obviously you're not gonna win a snipe-off with your Strun.

Also, projectile weapons generally have slightly superior DPS to make up for the difficulty of landing projectile hits.

Well, obviously.
Are you mad that you can't perma-Hysteria your way across the battlefield?
This is PvP we're talking about here.
Press-4-to-win Warframe powers are okay in PvE because the AI isn't gonna complain, but such powers would be terrible for a competitive environment.

This is gross exaggeration.
If you're unsatisfied with your frame's movement, then play a faster build.

Really? Because earlier you said: "but a frost can surely kill you with one skill, because you got the shield and health of a corpus crewman on level 1!"
Try to reconcile those statements for me.

Yes. Here in Conclave, we like to call that "skillful aiming requirement".
So you can't just spam 1 everywhere until you happen to hit.

Lmao

Obviously you can't use PvE mods. That would be disgustingly imbalanced.

Mastery Rank isn't even good for indicating skill in PvE.
You think it has any bearing on skill in PvP?

"Remake Conclave so that I can win and everyone else can lose!"

Oh well what do we have here, a Mr "I win all my game and that makes me able to look down at other player's complain". Listen here you so good player, why don't you try and give your best at a game and loses? Do you know how humiliating is to lose to another person? Down to the point where you only want to make them suffer the same as you. This is what conclaves causes on me. Disgust and depise. The only thing I am asking is for balance. No one better nor worst than me, just people of the same level fighting each other fairly

5 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Oh well, try to do it when you are dead at the spawn point! You dive, roll, bullet jump the heck out of their aim, and what happen? The arrow from a weak Paris Mk 1 gains the hitbox of a wall and hits you anyway. Everything works against you (me). This game is frustrating. Warframe is meant for pve, not PvP

If your main point is that it's a PvE game and PvP shouldn't exist, then you're really wasting your time with this thread. As 7k said, your experience in Conclave is close to none, How can you possibly understand a game mode where you have barely spent any time in let alone do well in it.

Edited by .Zel

3 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Oh well, try to do it when you are dead at the spawn point!

Spawn invulnerability exists.

3 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

You dive, roll, bullet jump the heck out of their aim, and what happen? The arrow from a weak Paris Mk 1 gains the hitbox of a wall and hits you anyway.

Possible explanations:
1. The devs programmed in a secret exploit against players named "Ariel19_98" that increases the size of arrow hitboxes against them.
2. A certain player named "Ariel19_98" isn't quite as good at dodging arrows as he thinks.

The world may never know.

Just now, Ariel19_98 said:

Oh well what do we have here, a Mr "I win all my game and that makes me able to look down at other player's complain".

I prefer the nickname, Mr "I Use Logic And Reasoning To Deconstruct Terrible Arguments".

Do you know how humiliating is to lose to another person? Down to the point where you only want to make them suffer the same as you. This is what conclaves causes on me. Disgust and depise.

Hey man, sounds like you need more help than Warframe can give you.
There must be a number for people like you to call, right? Let's try that.

4 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Gfys :3 because I know you was as bad as me one day. You worthless winner

He probably was, but you know the difference?
Instead of wasting time ranting on the forums, he put effort into improving his skills and gradually became better at the game. Imagine that.

35 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

There is fun in being rewarded. You are not rewarded in this game mode. A lucky guy hits you with a Bo, you lose. An enemy thousands of miles away hirs you once, you are dead.

In PvP you get rewarded as you improve, learn how to properly use different weapon classes and you'll get more kills, which is rewarded with more standing at the end of the match even if you or your team loses. 

35 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

You build Warframes to be deadly and resistant, but here, they are mere pupets.

So does everyone else, leaving warframes as deadly and resistant as their operators' skills allow them to be instead of making them more powerful depending on how much they have grinded or straight up paid.

11 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Nonsense, you get invulnerabiity for around 6 seconds (or until you take an offensive action, whatever happens first) after spawining.the hitbox issue is most likely lag due to hits being registered clientside.

7 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Oh well what do we have here, a Mr "I win all my game and that makes me able to look down at other player's complain". Listen here you so good player, why don't you try and give your best at a game and loses? Do you know how humiliating is to lose to another person? Down to the point where you only want to make them suffer the same as you.

we all started similarly bad and got better over time. some people learns faster and others take a while, but as long as we keep practicing instead of giving up we can all get to be good at some point.

7 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

The only thing I am asking is for balance. No one better nor worst than me, just people of the same level fighting each other fairly

based on your original post, you're asking for PvE's lack of balance to be brought back to conclave and not for actual balance

Edited by Stormdragon
typos

3 minutes ago, .Zel said:

If your main point is that it's a PvE game and PvP shouldn't exist, then you're really wasting you're time with this thread. As 7k said, your experience in Conclave is close to none, How can you possibly understand a game mode where you have barely spent any time in let alone do well in it.

Man why can't I simply make a complain?! I hate conclave, it isn't funny, much like every PvP game. You die to a machine is a thing. Die to a player is another. And just because the guy took his time to check my (shameful) PvP history you are going to give him credit? I was more than excited to play conclave, but what I got was a kick in the balls from this thing

6 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Why is it that the only thing left to say is "git gud"?

Lag can happen, and yes it is annoying, but like I said the same can happen to the other person. Have you tried, I don't know, actually shooting at the enemy?

5 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Oh well what do we have here, a Mr "I win all my game and that makes me able to look down at other player's complain". Listen here you so good player, why don't you try and give your best at a game and loses? Do you know how humiliating is to lose to another person? Down to the point where you only want to make them suffer the same as you. This is what conclaves causes on me.

That is the very nature of PvP. You win some and you lose some. If you win, some other lose. If they win, you lose. Nothing out of the ordinary.

1 minute ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Man why can't I simply make a complain?! I hate conclave, it isn't funny, much like every PvP game. You die to a machine is a thing. Die to a player is another.

So you just want to complain? Alright people, let's move it along. Nothing more to see here.

2 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Man why can't I simply make a complain?! I hate conclave, it isn't funny, much like every PvP game. You die to a machine is a thing. Die to a player is another.

Honestly I totally agree but not in the way you might expect: I'd find it more humiliating to die at the current AI than dying to another player.

1 minute ago, Stormdragon said:

Honestly I totally agree but not in the way you might expect: I'd find it more humiliating to die at the current AI than dying to another player.

Yeah, tell me about it. I'll be more pissed if I die against a predictable AI than against an unpredictable human.

Just now, Stormdragon said:

Nah nah nah, when you lose to a machine programmed to kill you and that will fail is a thing. But when you lose to another person, it is much worst, even more when you tried to kill that bastard and he came to get out with a sliver of health out of luck

Man why can't I simply make a complain?! I hate conclave, it isn't funny, much like every PvP game. You die to a machine is a thing. Die to a player is another. And just because the guy took his time to check my (shameful) PvP history you are going to give him credit? I was more than excited to play conclave, but what I got was a kick in the balls from this thing

You do realize that there is no humiliation, K/D doesn't really mean anything in the game aside from depicting how much time one has spent in conclave, There is no shame. A child doesn't straight up starts running from the start, First they learn how to stand up, then they learn how to walk and then they learn how to Run. It is similar to Conclave or any other PvP game.

Fighting other players is where the challenge is, bots don't practice in order to improve their game-play, people do. If you want to do the same and improve in Conclave, then we can help you. It's up to you whether you want to keep trying to back up your claims of "Balancing" or if you actually want to understand the game mode and excel in it.

Cause at the end of the day, all experienced players and DE themselves will not agree that Conclave is not balanced. 

6 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Oh well what do we have here, a Mr "I win all my game and that makes me able to look down at other player's complain". Listen here you so good player, why don't you try and give your best at a game and loses? Do you know how humiliating is to lose to another person? Down to the point where you only want to make them suffer the same as you. This is what conclaves causes on me. Disgust and depise. The only thing I am asking is for balance. No one better nor worst than me, just people of the same level fighting each other fairly

okay so coming from a gal that used get to like salty.

like real @(*()$ disgusting human  behavior salty.

i want you to breathe.  its bad for your mental well belong and skews your perception in the moment.

okay so hopefully you have done that. its important to what to say.

PVP is inherently skilled based. you against other players.

also look at your time in pvp. its small . its nothing. you have barely sipped the gallon that is that.

now thats not a bad thing but it does make your sense of unfairness unfounded.

take step back and think on the game. in pve the main game you feel powerful, you run around with teammates most of the time,

supporting each other even without trying to half the time.so your fighting the ai,

the nature of the games means you kill them in waves of 100's so that feels normal to you.

so in PVP you are now fighting singular opponents who think in ways the ai never does. they adapt and dont fall for the same tricks. they are trying to win on the same level as you.

they want it as much as you. this requires a very different skill set then the main game.

accuracy suddenly matters alot more. especially for powers.

you need to be away of new type of enemy. there is nothing like fighting other tenno in pve. that are players that can adapt on the fly.

practice is your pal in pvp in any game.

you need to breathe and not expect to win nonstop.

your basically playing a totally different game now with new rules. new tactics needed and different stats and mods. so old builds and tactics dont matter here.

i really suggest you take few breathes and come back to it. take it in small steps. pvp in this is very balanced. its far better then it was on launch, they work hard to keep it that way.

i can run any of my pvp stuff and do okay ish. some times i even win a free for all or im the team mvp.

and other times it just wasnt my game.

its hard to pick yourself back up after defeat and not let that taint you, but you need to learn that skill. otherwise alot of your life will be stress you can avoid.

also if it makes you feel this disgusted and you wanna make other people feel like S#&$.

maybe pvp just isnt for you, and thats totally okay.

I hope you have a much better day and experience from here on out.

good luck fellow tenno

p.s. remember to breathe and relax.

43 minutes ago, Ariel19_98 said:

funny

A lot of people define funny as one or more of the following things:

• Unexpectedness
  • Contrast
  • Timing
  • Romantic intentions

What can you expect in Conclave? Well, most people don't know, since there's not really a lot of documentation on it in game. So assuming you're just a normal PvE player, and you see that thing on the starboard side of your ship, you probably assume it to be a PvE mission, since nothing in the game really points to any PvP. So you go in there, and bam: PvP. Hard PvP at that. 

Another way Conclave can... defy expectations, is the fact that it's not at all as many people on the forums/reddit make it out to be. A lot of people like to say "Conclave is broken and unbalanced" and the like. Some say they none of their weapons are useful and that mobility sucks. Some say there are constant and extreme connection problems. Meanwhile, someone who just hops into PvP with and open mind connects to a 200Hz dedicated server, and uses their hydroid, stock Sicarus and a Synapse and frags a couple players, and thinks 'Wow! This weapon isn't useless?!'.

In addition, there is the fact that a MR24 player with thousands and thousands of hours in the came can be very bad at PvP, or have never played PvP. Would you expect someone who played a game for so long to be so bad at a part of the game? I know I wouldn't. They probably don't either, so they go on the forums and complain about how their power level is accurately represented in Conclave and not PvE.

So in 3 ways, Conclave matches the 'Unexpected' definition of 'funny'.

There is also a lot of contrast in Conclave. You have a lot of different weapons/warframes that actually are used, as opposed to everyone in PvE only using combinations of the same couple dozen weapons out of the hundreds available. At the same time, there ins't that much contrast in how useful each weapon is, since they're balanced. At the same time, there is a massive gap between a bad player and a good player, so that's 2 against 1; Conclave checks the 'Contrast' box.

Timing. Is the 'timing' of Conclave comedic? Well, Conclave 2.0 came out about 2 years ago. The original planetary showdown style Conclave 1.0 came out way before that. Lunaro is about a year old. None of this seems to mean anything, however the 'Conclave' section of the patch notes has historically been placed at the very beginning of the post, until very recently DE decided to stop trolling the unobservant and started putting it at the end in spoilers. Given that, it's a little funny, isn't it?

You know how, when you like someone and want them to like you back, you'll laugh at all their jokes? Is it because they're actually funny? Or is it because you like them? Well, I believe that they automatically become funny once you like them and laugh at their jokes. So if you like Conclave, then it's funny. Since you can't change who you like or how you like them, it's unreasonable to ask you to like Conclave, so it's not your fault you don't find him/her funny. However, many of us do think s/he is 'funny', and don't want him/her to disappear like this.