Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Over priced

raheel147

10 minutes ago, raheel147 said:

I find that the fee for some actions and items are vastly over priced. Namely the 200 plat fee for changing your "alias".

. . .

If you find it overpriced, then don't change your alias. Pick one you're comfortable and not one you can change on a whim like your Steam Profile Name. 200 plat is not hard to make for an avid trader, mind you.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Good Try, but welcome to WarFrame. 

Changing name is easily abused, and RIP, you are not the only one who come up with silly names.

3 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

. . .

If you find it overpriced, then don't change your alias. 200 plat is not hard to make for an avid trader, mind you.

^ @AEP8FlyBoy Start Trading and GL.

12 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Well they should rework the plat price of most things, that would make people actually use them and reduce the amount of plats available in game.

Interesting, may i know what kind of method is this 'reduce the amt of plats available in-game'?

5 hours ago, low1991 said:

Referring to the method you have in mind to reduce the amount of available plats in-game. Your idea of plat-rework and such.

If you make "using plats" more interesting by making prices more legit then people use them more and therefore the amount of plats in game decreases.

If the amount of available plats in game is lower, at some point the market could be impacted.

Many many things in game cost a stupidly high amount of plats meaning that nobody will ever use them for this.

The most stupidly high prices in my opinion are the weapons' price. A boltor cost 150 plat, that's more than 7 warframes slot, it's totally insane, who would pay for this while they can craft it for something like 30min farming.

Meanwhile another weapon like the sibear cost 165 plats and it takes 30k cryotic to craft.

These prices don't make sense and the only times I've seen someone buy a weapon from the market with plats are :

1. Newbie who didn't know what to do with the plats he got from the starter pack he bought on steam
  2. Someone who bought a weapon with stupidly high crafting components *cough cough* hema *cough cough*

13 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

If you make "using plats" more interesting by making prices more legit then people use them more and therefore the amount of plats in game decreases.

If the amount of available plats in game is lower, at some point the market could be impacted.

These prices don't make sense and the only times I've seen someone buy a weapon from the market with plats are :

1. Newbie who didn't know what to do with the plats he got from the starter pack he bought on steam
  2. Someone who bought a weapon with stupidly high crafting components *cough cough* hema *cough cough*

How will this reduce the amount of plats available in-game? If all else remains the same ($:plats rate), players will still buy plats at a normal rate. If market' stuff price reduce, i doubt this will even effect the supply of plats as there is such thing called 'Riven/ Raid'loots (idk name)/ etc'. 

Just now, low1991 said:

How will this reduce the amount of plats available in-game? If all else remains the same ($:plats rate), players will still buy plats at a normal rate. If market' stuff price reduce, i doubt this will even effect the supply of plats as there is such thing called 'Riven/ Raid'loots (idk name)/ etc'. 

What I mean (and I think you didn't understand it) by "plats available in game" I mean the total amount of plat that is distributed among players.

If players had something to use their plats on maybe they would buy more of them.

2 hours ago, Trichouette said:

What I mean (and I think you didn't understand it) by "plats available in game" I mean the total amount of plat that is distributed among players.

If players had something to use their plats on maybe they would buy more of them.

Wait, plats aren't distributed among players, they are bought'd by players, the 50plats per account is locked btw. If players have something to pay for, (ie slots), they would pay for it. I assume you meant by "plats-ready-for-trading"

Assuming if some-how-some-what, manage to reduce the available in-game plats (from player's pocket) by IDK method, who's pocket will be out for reduction?

The only way i see how to reduce price of items in-game is via making them more 'attractive'? (item feature-wise or discount?)

• Increasing plats:$ ratio will piss some buyers (players who buy in large amount, excluding discounts), this will harm DE" revenue fur sure.
  • Reducing market price will somehow reduce available-in-game plats. Mostly from players whom sick of RNG. (forcast the possibility of even further RNG-grind if happen).

As OP' thread concern of name changing, perhaps a cooldown in terms of months per change, or a history attached to the current name. (ie, Formerly known as 'blu blu blu', just like how IRL name change works on passport). i think DE' concern is a player can most likely troll & insult and then changing name right after.

Edited by low1991
grammer

2 hours ago, low1991 said:

-snip-

From what i'm reading, you either didn't understand anything from what I said or I really said it badly.

So i'll explain it again.

The total amount of plat that currently exist in game, if you reduce it, that means there is a higher chance that more plats will be bought by players.

How to do that ? There are only 2 uses for plats :

• Trade them with another player
  • Trade them with the game for something, from the market for example.

Trading with another player doesn't remove the total amount of in game plats, they just go from a player to another.

Trading with the game does remove plats from the game since they just disappear from your inventory.

Now as you know, there are several things that are so expensive nobody uses plats for them, example :

• Credit bundle, 50 pl for 50 000 credits and 90pl for 175 000 credits are ridiculous amount
  • Weapons from the market are around 200pl, who would pay that much for something easily craftable ?
  • Mod packs

By fixing these ridiculous prices you can potentially make players use their plats more toward something that actually reduces the amount of ingame plat.

The point i'm trying to make regarding OP is that nickname changing is part of these "very expensive things that should get checked"

(as I said in another thread, if an ingame market were implemented, a tiny amount of plat per exchange could be removed from the game aswell... Just a tiny idea)