Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing default chat window?

Maqabir

Question

Whenever I join a mission I find that my Clan chat is selected by default so any messages from my squadmates are hidden unless I stop and select squad chat.

Is there any way of making squad chat the default chat window when joining a mission?

7 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, DesFrSpace said:

Sorry, not from what I gathered, just do not have any Private Messages Tabs open.

Otherwise, generally staying on Squad Chat should work.

Unless there is a work in the Game for Chat System, you can also disabled Region, Recruiting or Trade Chat in Menu> Option> Chat.

This has nothing to do with having private message tabs open. An update or so ago your selected chat tab when entering a missions suddenly starting defaulting to clan chat instead of squad. There is no option to change this and you have to manually select squad chat at the beginning of your mission. This causes a lot of issues with squad communication due to the high volume of squad messages that end up in clan chat. 

We can probably safely say that this is a bug at this point and hope for a quick fix.

Sorry, not from what I gathered, just do not have any Private Messages Tabs open.

Otherwise, generally staying on Squad Chat should work.

Unless there is a work in the Game for Chat System, you can also disabled Region, Recruiting or Trade Chat in Menu> Option> Chat.

Although it is an inconvenience, I sort of enjoy not having to see idiots insult me to make themselves feel better about the mistakes they make in missions.

Then i won't be tempted to respond and just focus on the game.

However, it is bugged and needs to be fixed.